04-23-2020, 03:15 AM   #67
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
(explanation according to some: extensions are added as certain countries do not allow the wheel to protrude past the bodywork, so this is a shortcut/bypass manufacturers use).
Yeah, I know. That is exactly the reason why they use it, there's a legislative for everything but it's dependent on the vehicle type. X5/X6 with optional wider wheels and Merc AMG's have had these extensions for years.

Although M2 CS wheels and tyres are identical to any other F87 OEM in terms of size so not really sure what's going on.
      04-23-2020, 03:38 AM   #68
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
No they aren't higher. If anything mine seems to sit lower than a lot of others. Perfect ride height

I reckon it's them changing wheels for showroom shots. The car will always need a little time to settle after being jacked up. Even I need time to settle after being jacked up. ��
Ah, ok, pretty sure someone from Oz have mentioned it but could be wrong. BMW TIS mentions S815A Poor road package, but can't find it in ETK.
      04-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #69
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
^ This

I've always wondered the same myself: why not just keep the amber rear turn signals for North America since they are legal and demonstrated to be safer. I also find they look better .
Or use Bi-Color LEDs that are coded by region. Surely this would be more cost effective than stocking multiple variations of taillights.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321104.50
      05-04-2020, 09:51 AM   #70
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Two remarks:
  • 00:55: "very lightweight": that's rather flattering for the M2 CS:
    • 6MT: 1550 kg DIN / 1625 kg EU;
    • M-DCT: 1575 kg DIN / 1650 kg EU;
  • 03:27: "it's also a robust investment; our limited edition cars have always proven to be very robust investments": seen the M4 GTS, M4 CS and M3 CS prices lately ?
Only tidbit of 'new' information (01:54 - 02:28):
BMW Today: "One thing I have ask you because it's been mentioned so many times in the forums. You brought out the M2. Then you upgraded to the Competition. Now we can see a CS. Will there be also a CSL or what is the overall strategy ?"
Markus Flasch: "To be honest, we haven't decided yet, but we will do more Sondermodelle [special models] than in the past. We want to show that our cars are deriven from the race track and we want to close the gap between competition high-performance car and a race car. And the CS, or maybe even a CSL, alternatives that we are elaborating."
There is already the F87 M2 CS Racing (not street legal). With the F87 M2 EOP (end of production) scheduled for June 2021, it's getting pretty late to start elaborating an F87 M2 CSL project. If an F87 M2 CSL doesn't exist yet or is not yet in the works right now, then it won't come. Except if they lazily make Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 tires and M-CCB standard + throw in bucket seats, a roll cage, a fire extinguisher and add a CSL badge on the boot of the "very lightweight" M2 CS. Anyways, those with an M2 CS on order might think "Say what ?!" when hearing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherNiko View Post
So this will mean:
M2 Competition - 80k
M2 CS - 120k
M2 CSL - 160k
How long until the M2 GT3 RS for 200k?
The F87 M2 CSL rumor ain't fully put to bed yet.

My thoughts about it: only if a VIN sheet of a hypothetical pre-production F87 M2 CSL would surface, I will believe it. But AFAIK that has not happened so far.
      05-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #71
Emme2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Isn't this carbon fibre roof just marketing bullshit? A large chequered weave is known as 12K. If BMW wanted the best, it should have chosen forged carbon or unidirectional (UD). As it is, it's different for the sake of being CS specific like the hood and aero add-ons that had to differ from the M Performance parts available for the M2C. Otherwise, they would have made a bigger fuss just like Lamborghini has with their forged carbon. So, the previous purported explanation earlier in this thread is generic and baseless, not least because "Spread Tow Fabric" is just a technique, not the weave pattern. Here's a more relevant quote: "The 12K is the widest weave we offer, and therefore stiffer than 3K. The wider weave costs less in production, the 12K layer is slightly less expensive than 3K. The UD fiber has maximum strength when running in the same direction. Torsional stiffness and impact resistance are increased as angles are oriented in each layer."
https://www.lightbicycle.com/newslet...and-frame.html

Last edited by Emme2; 05-24-2020 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0