BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > daydreaming - M2 OEM+ wishlist breaks $35k

05-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #23
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
There were definitely people with both US LCI and Euro LCI tail lights who have had issues with the car reporting "bulb" problems, the dashboard and iDrive throw "bad lightbulb" errors sporadically. Seems to primarily be related to the turn signals themselves but not 100% on that. I don't think these are people who retrofitted the lights to pre-facelift cars, I'm pretty sure I've seen complaints on stock cars.

I bought my Euro tails only about 10 months after getting my car, so I hope they aren't part of one of those bad batches. So far I've had no problems (knock wood), but I specifically didn't sell my stock tails in case I had problems with the Euro ones. Dealership won't help you (or warranty-cover) with your retrofitted tails, even if they are still technically original BMW parts.
Good advice for him. And yea, it's not a problem just with the euro tailights. Actually, most people from that thread are from the US if I recall correctly. And I definitely have the blinker malfunction issue that's unresolved. Last time I was at the dealer, they coded my car back to stock to see if that resolved it... it didn't. But I haven't made time to go back there since.

Instead I've been taking a picture of the error every time it's happened, and I also have the DME error code for them now. Probably a good 30-40 pictures of it happening. Previously they said they weren't able to get a code and BMW can't do anything without the error code. Which is kinda odd that Carly and BM3 both show me the turn signal malfunction code, but the dealer said their was no code when they scanned it.
Appreciate 1