BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Angel meets Devil - HJS Euro 6 Downpipe & M performance Exhaust Sound Clip and Review

02-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #23
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 on order

Thanks to your review, I now have a Akra sportcat paired with my MPE. Sounds LOVELY! Pretty loud, but a nice sound. Not raspy. Just the same as stock MPE. But louder, deeper, more raw. And loud pops ands bangs. Love it!

But is there a way to keep the OEM valve open? Sound is louder when standing still in sport/sport+ compared to comfort or traction... wonder what traction mode would sound like when the OEM valve also opens
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #24
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK.Alexx View Post
Thanks to your review, I now have a Akra sportcat paired with my MPE. Sounds LOVELY! Pretty loud, but a nice sound. Not raspy. Just the same as stock MPE. But louder, deeper, more raw. And loud pops ands bangs. Love it!

But is there a way to keep the OEM valve open? Sound is louder when standing still in sport/sport+ compared to comfort or traction... wonder what traction mode would sound like when the OEM valve also opens
Akra catted dp and HJS one are exactly the same thing, inside and out, meaning our turbo back systems are identical.

OEM Valve is open all the time in S and S+. Awron gauge can control values for you. Alternatively JB4 and BM3 have user adjustable valve options.

In real world, everyone will notice OEM valve makes negligible difference in sound when MPE valve is open. It makes all sense to me, as MPE valve is placed at right side, where most flow gets straight out much more freely. OEM valve on the left side, the flow has to take a big turn to get there so much less air pass it to begin with.
      02-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #25
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 on order

I also agreed what you said. It’s not the loudest setup, but sound is beautiful. And it isn’t quiet either..

Traction = comfort. I know valve is open in sport or sport+.
Would pops and bangs even louder in traction with the OEM valve open? Like sport
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #26
OLO-M2
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for your interesting post !
I was considering going for the same set-up but I read that MPE + sport cat was way to loud ;-)

I regularly go on tracks with noise limitation. Any idea on dB ? Could you please measure it with / without valve activated in Sport+ mode ? You can easily find a dB app for iphone ;-)

Thanks mate !
Appreciate 0