BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tracking the global pandemic

04-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #331
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend .I meant that I always charge/load my battery over the weekends for +/- 48 hours

Yesterday I have read an article from a Covid-19 virus expert ,
He said : One sneeze from a corona patient can spread the virus in a circle from 15 meters !
Just talking with a virus patient can give you the virus from a distance from 4 meters away !
The virus remains alive on surfaces for 7-9 days . Depends of the material-composition of the surface ...

Be carefull my friends !
I thought you meant it like Jay Leno haha the ultimate GQ
No wonder all these ministers, PM's and ''celebrities'' catch corona, they just can't take a break to stay away from being close to their own kind.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #332
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
And to my UK and Belgium friends - stay safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Just thought I'd post latest CV-19 toll for today here before I turn in,it's 980 the worst yet and at this Easter time. Stay at home where you're safe.
How the Corona virus lockdown looked today in Brussels (Anderlecht) ?

Well my friends , shots were fired too ! As you can see !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      04-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #333
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Thugs smashing up police van must be proud of themselves, those no brains should be rounded up and forced to help out with manual tasks to do with coronavirus.
Today's toll here my friend is 917 victims which includes an 11 year old.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #334
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My M5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
How about you Racerbruce,have you a battery charger...
Greetings to my UK and Belgium friends -
I don't! I've always ensured the car was either driven or started every 1-2 weeks since retirement about 3 yrs ago. Before that, I would drive 5 miles to a multi-story park and ride building and take the public transit bus to downtown Seattle that was 15 miles from the park and ride. I loved the park and ride because I could park under cover out of the rain and sun. I would arrive at 525 am so there were still al lot of parking stalls left and i had a favorite and kept the Red Roadster up next to a concrete wall and FAR AWAY from door dings.

One interesting note - when it was not raining (that happens on occasion in the Great Pacific Northwest I would use the key and open the convertible top as i walked up to the car. I discovered that because this uses quite a bit of battery energy and that I was only driving 5 miles to return home this was not enough miles to keep the battery charged. So I changed that up and ensured I went for a "fun drive" once a week.

I really like your process and may adopt it in the future. Tell me, do you close your trunk lid and latch it which may affect the power cord that is in the way of the trunk lid??
      04-11-2020, 06:24 PM   #335
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Oh no!

Quote:

Oh no!
This is NOT good; riots in the streets of Brussels.
      04-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #336
Yugo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Immigrant kids rioting in western Europe, nothing new.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      04-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #337
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I don't! I've always ensured the car was either driven or started every 1-2 weeks since retirement about 3 yrs ago. Before that, I would drive 5 miles to a multi-story park and ride building and take the public transit bus to downtown Seattle that was 15 miles from the park and ride. I loved the park and ride because I could park under cover out of the rain and sun. I would arrive at 525 am so there were still al lot of parking stalls left and i had a favorite and kept the Red Roadster up next to a concrete wall and FAR AWAY from door dings.

One interesting note - when it was not raining (that happens on occasion in the Great Pacific Northwest I would use the key and open the convertible top as i walked up to the car. I discovered that because this uses quite a bit of battery energy and that I was only driving 5 miles to return home this was not enough miles to keep the battery charged. So I changed that up and ensured I went for a "fun drive" once a week.

I really like your process and may adopt it in the future. Tell me, do you close your trunk lid and latch it which may affect the power cord that is in the way of the trunk lid??
I never close my trunk lid while I charge my battery . I just let my trunk lid rest on the rubber sealing (never locked)
I put also a soft cloth on my rear bumper to protect the paint and the cable of the battery tender .
CTEK => https://www.ctek.com/
=> https://www.ctek.com/products

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      04-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #338
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
Immigrant kids rioting in western Europe, nothing new.
Nothing new ? It can bring something new to them....Something like a deadly virus
And very likely infect other (innocent) people .

Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      04-11-2020, 10:59 PM   #339
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:

I like your anecdote about getting to the parking garage so early and choosing a spot to minimize door dings, happy to see I'm not the only one!

One of the perks of getting to work at 6am is being able to choose the best spot in the garage to minimize dings and scratches. I have "my" spot in a space where the only damage can come from someone parking in front of me, and I make sure to park my car in a way so that my dash camera is always recording whoever parks there, just in case
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      04-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #340
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
This coronavirus mess smells like a real turd. Governments printed trillions for a bad flu it looks like and lined their pockets or bail out the banks because I never saw a penny. Does anyone else know of anyone who got any sort of payment?
If you are talking about the stimulus checks, you have to meet the criteria to be eligible. If single, you need to make under $99k. If married, under $150k to get the full amount. If you do qualify, the checks will be mailed out in stages. The lowest income earners will get theirs first. I think the last stage of checks is to be mailed out in late July, but Id have to double check.

That being said, you are partially correct. It seems that there is some mismanagement as to how the money going to businesses is getting distributed or applied. But that's a conversation for another day.

And lastly, lets not try and downplay the severity of the virus. Talk to any nurse or doctor and you'll understand just how serious this is.

Here's a great video I recently watched on how the virus kills you. Very informative and easy to understand.

Appreciate 3
M5Rick58879.50
BMWILUVU809.00
      04-12-2020, 01:09 AM   #341
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Battery is in the boot (trunk) though charging points are next to engine so red goes on + and _ is the engine hoist bracket.Charging is important and simply driving the car infrequently is not enough.I was charging it yesterday with the car locked and bonnet very slightly open facing the garage door with the charger in the engine bay connected to extension going to power point in garage.I have a small inexpensive pulse charger which has a 'repair' function but the normal setting is enough and charge for about 8-10 hours to bring the meter up to 100%.If your battery is bad then an indicator will flash.
Will be doing the CLK today.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #342
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
If you are talking about the stimulus checks, you have to meet the criteria to be eligible. If single, you need to make under $99k. If married, under $150k to get the full amount. If you do qualify, the checks will be mailed out in stages. The lowest income earners will get theirs first. I think the last stage of checks is to be mailed out in late July, but Id have to double check.

That being said, you are partially correct. It seems that there is some mismanagement as to how the money going to businesses is getting distributed or applied. But that's a conversation for another day.

And lastly, lets not try and downplay the severity of the virus. Talk to any nurse or doctor and you'll understand just how serious this is.

Here's a great video I recently watched on how the virus kills you. Very informative and easy to understand.

Yeah . I watched the video already last week .
As for me : 2 keywords are terrifying !
1- aerosolized
2- suffocate (drown in your own lungs)

Very informative video about how dangerous and life threatening the SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) actually is in the real world
The predictions are very bad news !!!

Mate thanks for sharing .
My friends => Stay at home / Stay safe / Stay healthy

Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      04-12-2020, 08:58 AM   #343
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thugs smashing up police van must be proud of themselves, those no brains should be rounded up and forced to help out with manual tasks to do with coronavirus.
Today's toll here my friend is 917 victims which includes an 11 year old.
And it was not over ....Yet !
Because last night they attacked the Police station !
As you probably know : That part of "Belgium" is actually "Belgistan"

Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      04-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #344
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
And it was not over ....Yet !
Because last night they attacked the Police station !
As you probably know : That part of "Belgium" is actually "Belgistan"
Shame because the football team Anderlecht is well known and famous.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #345
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Shame because the football team Anderlecht is well known and famous.
The funny side of Covid masks . But actually it's not really funny, while it looks funny ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      04-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #346
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The funny side of Covid masks . But actually it's not really funny, while it looks funny ...
The one in tee shirt with upturned cut out office water dispenser is the most innovative though he'll have a problem if steamed up!
Went to near BRIXTON today to drop food supplies off to mum and sis putting on mask, latex gloves and hat when arrived..very happy to see me and no problem driving there and back.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #347
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My friend they are dropping like flies,first Stirling Moss and now Chelsea and World Cup legend Peter Bonetti has died of alzheimer's at 78 years of age. Our PM Johnson has been discharged from hospital though unsure of how he will conduct his ministerial business as he was infected.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #348
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My friend they are dropping like flies,first Stirling Moss and now Chelsea and World Cup legend Peter Bonetti has died of alzheimer's at 78 years of age. Our PM Johnson has been discharged from hospital though unsure of how he will conduct his ministerial business as he was infected.
Over here lots of so called healed Corona patients are still NOK.
They had oxygen starvation , by this they had also lack of oxygen in their brains and caused cerebral infarction .
Some of them must learn how to talk and walk again !
Lungs are damaged forever !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      04-12-2020, 04:17 PM   #349
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
They had oxygen starvation , by this they had also lack of oxygen in their brains and caused cerebral infarction .
I've seen many cyclists when driving to the shops before and today and they're breathing in that air..if they could read what's on here then they would have second thoughts
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #350
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Awesome!
Post a pic when you can!
Here you are

Last edited by M5Rick; 10-21-2023 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 07:45 AM   #351
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My friend,I have the 'air re-circulate' a/c on Manual mode all the time, not Auto (which lets in outside air at times) when I drive, don't have any outside air coming in.Sun roof stays shut.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #352
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
Here you are
Thank you! It looks awesome! Tell us about the process - did you have to remove the trim piece to CF wrap it? Or was it done in place? Perhaps a link to the CF wrap material would benefit as well.

Well done.