BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > BEST Lamborghini Huracan Review - HANDS DOWN!

01-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
A.J.85
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90 and F80

Thumbs up BEST Lamborghini Huracan Review - HANDS DOWN!

Trust me, if you like cars, you have to check out this pretty amazing review from a fellow E90Post member. His stuff is top notch. Check it out!

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Good looking car
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I dont know if this is a good review.
It contradicts groschi's own review of the r8 v10.
In that topic he said he couldnt understand why people would buy the huracan over the r8 (and claiming he had driven both), where I and some others said that I/we could understand.
And exactly on the same points that we said in that topic he now highlights on how a lambo is different. Its not only about status (thats what he previously said would be the main difference) but its also emotion, outragious styling etc etc.
For sure he had a change of mind. I think he previously thought about what car would be better, but its more a matter of what you prefer. 'Better' is very subjective.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-15-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #4
A.J.85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
In that topic he said he couldnt understand why people would buy the huracan over the r8 (and claiming he had driven both), where I and some others said that I/we could understand.
And exactly on the same points that we said in that topic he now highlights on how a lambo is different. Its not only about status (thats what he previously said would be the main difference) but its also emotion, outragious styling etc etc.
For sure he had a change of mind. I think he previously thought about what car would be better, but its more a matter of what you prefer. 'Better' is very subjective.
Hm I don't know. I remember his R8 review, but I think all that was just a build up for this one. Besides, he said that in LA he would chose the Huracán over the Audi, at least that's how I understood it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.85 View Post
Trust me, if you like cars, you have to check out this pretty amazing review from a fellow E90Post member. His stuff is top notch. Check it out!

Thanks for posting my review man!! Highly appreciate it and glad that you like it!

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 1
FD3S69.50
      01-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I am sad to see that you didn't like the review, but then again, you can't please everyone

To clear some of the apparent confusion up: Of course I can understand why people buy the Huracan over the R8. I think I mentioned this in the Lambo review. But since this is a 2 part review, I have to say something like this in the first part of the review to keep the question up until the end, if that makes sense.

Also, the overall conclusion of both reviews is, that neither car is better (like you said). It comes down to personal preference. I said (or tried to make it clear) that I personally would take the Lambo in a city like Los Angeles, but anywhere else in the world, I'd probably take the R8, because I think it's the better overall car.

Why in LA? Because of the status and the additional emotional component (the car feels more like a supercar than the R8 does). Also, in LA it's more normal to drive a Lamborghini. In Germany or Europe, I would get bullish comments at every red light. Hope that cleared some things up.

I didn't really have a change of mind, but I was impressed again by how good the R8 V10+ version is. I mean we filmed the Huracan first, then the R8. I had driven the R8 a while before the Huracan video for a short time at the presentation in Portugal. But when i had it for a longer period, also after having driven the Lambo, I really could feel the mentioned advantages that the R8 has over the Lambo. I also drove the regular R8 V10, which is by far less exciting. That also emphasized my positive impression I had of the V10+.

-
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #7
FD3S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
Also, in LA it's more normal to drive a Lamborghini. In Germany or Europe, I would get bullish comments at every red light. Hope that cleared some things up.

It is so true that Americans get excited and are very positive with their comments when they see a fast and expensive car. In Europe you can get bullish comments about owning a supercar. I honestly can not understand the psychological reasons behind that...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #8
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Would love to see more footage of the car and a lot less footage of the reviewers talking.....and talking....and talking
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #9
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Would love to see more footage of the car and a lot less footage of the reviewers talking.....and talking....and talking
Haha I totally get that! We are (different than other reviewers) always showing a good amount of driving shots, without me talking over it. After all, manufacturers give us the car to talk about them :/ If I could, I would only record driving shots for you guys. Would make my day so much easier too

-
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #10
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
It is so true that Americans get excited and are very positive with their comments when they see a fast and expensive car. In Europe you can get bullish comments about owning a supercar. I honestly can not understand the psychological reasons behind that...
Yeah absolutely. It's just the European mentality. A lot of jealousy instead of looking positively at someone who has made it and spend the money on things he/she likes. Unfortunately, we have more people each year here in CA that are also showing these symptoms of jealousy. It seems to be the trend we see with the growing wealth inequality.

-
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #11
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
I am sad to see that you didn't like the review, but then again, you can't please everyone
I liked the review (I watched it, just like most of your previous reviews), but I didnt like the incomprehention of your reaction you gave in your topic on your previous (r8 v10+) review regarding why people would buy the lambo over the audi regardless of the arguments put in that topic (and that it could only be on 'brandstatus'), whereas you here emphasize those same arguments given by us (me and a few others) in this review why the lamborghini IS different. Its strange for someone to hear those same arguments in a later posted video whereas they had been discarded in a previous topic. If you didnt went into the emotion part of the lambo in this review, I probably wouldnt have remembered, but that part triggered something in my memory of your previous video and corresponding topic. You get a bit of that feeling like...."wtf, thats exactly what I said!"
They are different cars. Maybe not regarding engine and drivetrain but certainly regarding styling (and styling is imho a huge deal at lamborghini and probably every supercarmanufacturer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
In Europe you can get bullish comments about owning a supercar. I honestly can not understand the psychological reasons behind that...
Europeans can be very envious. But it differs a bit from country to country imho. It even differs from the Netherlands to belgium (and those countries are so alike).

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-16-2017 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #12
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I liked the review (I watched it, just like most of your previous reviews), but I didnt like the incomprehention of your reaction you gave in your topic on your previous (r8 v10+) review regarding why people would buy the lambo over the audi regardless of the arguments put in that topic (and that it could only be on 'brandstatus'), whereas you here emphasize those same arguments given by us (me and a few others) in this review why the lamborghini IS different. Its strange for someone to hear those same arguments in a later posted video whereas they had been discarded in a previous topic. If you didnt went into the emotion part of the lambo in this review, I probably wouldnt have remembered, but that part triggered something in my memory of your previous video and corresponding topic. You get a bit of that feeling like...."wtf, thats exactly what I said!"
They are different cars. Maybe not regarding engine and drivetrain but certainly regarding styling (and styling is imho a huge deal at lamborghini and probably every supercarmanufacturer).

Europeans can be very envious. But it differs a bit from country to country imho. It even differs from the Netherlands to belgium (and those countries are so alike).

Huh, interesting. Especially since I recorded this Lambo video back in August, and the R8 in November. Did we discuss about that here on bimmerpost? I have to check what I wrote I guess. I can be contradicting myself... it happens quite often with these cars. Nevertheless, I appreciate you watching and giving feedback !!!

Yeah I think it does differ from country to country, but from my experience the US is just more envious and appreciative of nice cars etc. Same in the middle east I guess. But I haven't been to the Netherlands enough to say.

-
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
the US is just more envious and appreciative of nice cars
you mean less envious (envious ist neidisch)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #14
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
you mean less envious (envious ist neidisch)
I think this kind of envious is the positive kind. You also say "I envy you" not implying anything negative. Jealous would be the bad kind we understand as "neidisch" I believe. But you might be right.

-
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 02:55 AM   #15
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Ok, I thought envious was basically projected on physical things where jealousy can also be on human characteristics (like you are jealous "when your wife laughs very hard at the jokes of your best friend", where jealousy is sprung from the fear of loosing what you have). But its difficult to express the exact differences, every language has a lot of words for roughly that same emotion with all its tiny differences and sometimes personal interpretations.

But I understand what you mean. In the US people grand or tolerate more in other people if they have worked for it than over here where they usually grand someone nothing more than what they have themselves which is imho one of the worst characteristics a person can have. I think in comes to some degree from the calvanistic christian norms and values that are embedded in northern/western european culture. For instance I totally dont see that with italians/italian culture for example. Italian men are obviously jealous when their wife is looking at another man, but I dont think they think you're a duche because you drive a ferrari (to put it in US context)

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-17-2017 at 03:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #16
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

I considered the pros and cons of the R8 and the Huracan, and although I didn't get to drive the R8 I'm sure it's the more practical and better driving car. I ended up with a Huracan strictly because of the way it looks (and I mean that literally, because I think it's kind of boring to drive). I could never quite warm up to the R8's looks.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I considered the pros and cons of the R8 and the Huracan, and although I didn't get to drive the R8 I'm sure it's the more practical and better driving car. I ended up with a Huracan strictly because of the way it looks (and I mean that literally, because I think it's kind of boring to drive). I could never quite warm up to the R8's looks.
Interesting! We should go to the Canyons together and I am sure you would change your mind. This car is very capable and can be lots of fun!

-
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #18
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
Interesting! We should go to the Canyons together and I am sure you would change your mind. This car is very capable and can be lots of fun!
It definitely seems capable, I just don't feel as immediately confident in it as I did in my 991 GT3. I've driven it on some twisty roads, but never felt like I could push it as hard as the GT3. I probably could, but it feels heavier and number so I am probably more careful than I need to be. Still love it, though! And I definitely love the extra power.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #19
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
It definitely seems capable, I just don't feel as immediately confident in it as I did in my 991 GT3. I've driven it on some twisty roads, but never felt like I could push it as hard as the GT3. I probably could, but it feels heavier and number so I am probably more careful than I need to be. Still love it, though! And I definitely love the extra power.
Well there is no doubt that a GT3 is much easier and more accessible than the Huracán. I found the Huracán fun at 80-90% I am guessing. I don't feel as confident in it as I did in the GT3. But the R8 on the other hand was very accessible. Especially in wet conditions. When I drove up some mountain roads in Switzerland (which we couldn't show in the review unfortunately ) it felt unbelievably confidence inspiring. It just gave me everything I needed.

-
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #20
A.J.85
Rep

Quote:
Well there is no doubt that a GT3 is much easier and more accessible than the Huracán. I found the Huracán fun at 80-90% I am guessing. I don't feel as confident in it as I did in the GT3. But the R8 on the other hand was very accessible. Especially in wet conditions. When I drove up some mountain roads in Switzerland (which we couldn't show in the review unfortunately ) it felt unbelievably confidence inspiring. It just gave me everything I needed.
I think I understand what you mean. I still would have a hard time choosing between these three cars. But of course the GT3 is the "cheapest".
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #21
A.J.85
Rep

What's the next car you're testing?
Appreciate 0