BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > AP Racing front brakes with different aftermarket rear rotors?

05-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #1
TripleU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 M2, 23 Ford F150 Raptor

Garage List
  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Anyone here run AP racing front brakes with stock rear calipers but with different aftermarket rotors?

I just got some AP Racing front brakes for my M2, and in the meanwhile that I stick with stock rear brakes was interested in getting Girodisc or some other brand 2-piece rotors for the rear with the stock blue calipers.

I had called Essex, and Essex said the AP fronts should work with such setup, but wanted to see if anyone here does the same.

Past: 2015 Lexus IS 250, 2014 Volkswagen CC R-Line
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 11:03 PM   #2
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

Been done many time with the rear ccb caliper or m2c caliper with girodisc
Perfect setup to run 18 inch wheels

As long as you are running the same brake pads front and rear, it's perfect , rear bbk is not needed at all on the m2
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #3
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Tropicatango is spot on.

All you need is the front Essex kit to run 18's on your Comp.

Rotor selection is not relevant if its a PNP for the OEM's.
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 12:19 AM   #4
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleU View Post
Anyone here run AP racing front brakes with stock rear calipers but with different aftermarket rotors?

I just got some AP Racing front brakes for my M2, and in the meanwhile that I stick with stock rear brakes was interested in getting Girodisc or some other brand 2-piece rotors for the rear with the stock blue calipers.

I had called Essex, and Essex said the AP fronts should work with such setup, but wanted to see if anyone here does the same.
No issues with OEM or any aftermarket 2-piece rotors in the rear with AP from BBK. Lots of our customers run front BBK only with rear brake pads upgraded to match the front.

Paragon is a great high quality but low cost option. Installed a set today with the standard anodizing. The grey Mil-Spec hard coat is option.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1925997

Girodisc also available.

https://www.hpashop.com/Girodisc-Rea...?categoryId=-1
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TripleU167.50
      05-28-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
TripleU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 M2, 23 Ford F150 Raptor

Garage List
  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Quote:

No issues with OEM or any aftermarket 2-piece rotors in the rear with AP from BBK. Lots of our customers run front BBK only with rear brake pads upgraded to match the front.

Paragon is a great high quality but low cost option. Installed a set today with the standard anodizing. The grey Mil-Spec hard coat is option.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1925997

Girodisc also available.

https://www.hpashop.com/Girodisc-Rea...?categoryId=-1
Thanks. I actually know the guys at Paragon and in fact they were the ones I got my AP front brakes from lol. And I got their R5 brake pads with my AP brakes.

Decided to get the Paragon rear rotors since I just saw that they were increasing their prices June 1 and wanted to lock in the current prices before they go up.

Past: 2015 Lexus IS 250, 2014 Volkswagen CC R-Line
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #6
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Thanks. I actually know the guys at Paragon and in fact they were the ones I got my AP front brakes from lol. And I got their R5 brake pads with my AP brakes.

Decided to get the Paragon rear rotors since I just saw that they were increasing their prices June 1 and wanted to lock in the current prices before they go up.
Let's see the photos of those beautiful rotors!
Appreciate 0