BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Off On Holiday!

06-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Off On Holiday!

I wanted to post a quick note in this sub-forum because I've been interacting with a few of you on the octane issues I'm having in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'm going on holiday back home (England) today and will be returning July 5th, and therefore won't be taking any logs, or working with any of you local folks to gather data for the issues that I'm seeing.

I'm really grateful for the feedback and support I've received from you all so far (you know who you are), and don't want you to feel that I've given up on my investigation or the tune for my car. I'll be back to it all on July 6th!

While I'm away I'm having my FabSpeed Sport Cat repaired by FabSpeed because it was one of the ones that had a mounting bracket issue. I've just removed it and will be sending it back to them this morning, and hope I'll have that back by the time I return.

I'm also hoping to meet up with GreatWhiteM2 while I'm in England, to get a first hand experience of the suspension setup and tune that he's running. Exciting times!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

enjoy, bring back some kegs of gasoline from Europe
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Have a great time Nezil
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I just wanted to post to let everyone know I'm back from vacation.

I swapped out my plugs today to 97506 NGKs gapped to 0.5mm (0.020"). This was recommended by Halim and Dzenan, though I've heard from others that it doesn't make much difference.

I can say that it did seem to rev really smoothly on the short drive I did this afternoon to check everything was running OK after the plug swap. I didn't capture any logs though.

I'll start posting in the CA gas thread and 'Tale of Datalogs' thread again as I continue my research.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00