BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Alpine White Reveries : Team Schirmer M2 GT

06-27-2022, 03:56 AM   #221
M2CGT
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
One weekend this fall I had a chance to add a couple key pieces to the interior. After many discussions with folks on the forums and IG, I managed to get it done and it works perfectly.
  • AIM MXG 1.2 Strada w/Street Icons
  • OEM M2CS Racing Dash Surround
  • Recaro SPG XLs
  • KMP custom red stripe wheel w/button descriptions removed.

I opted for the AIM MXG 1.2 Strada with Street Icons using the CANBUS connection. I didn't go for the M2CS Racing one because it didn't come with the proper protocols or software to run it properly which in the end is fine with me. Now since I already had my Bend Calibration wiring harness kit for the Ecutek data-logging dongle, my creative mind starting going and came up with a sweet solution.

First I ordered a OBD plug with a passthrough off of Amazon, then I took the AIM wiring harness and mated it to the OBD plug and aligned the pinouts properly to the Bend harness. This way I have a pure plug and play AIM dash and my Ecutek dongle is still fully functional.

As for programming it, it does come with Race Studio 3 software and it's free to download. I could have painfully gone through and programmed each component but honestly, paying someone to do it was money well spent. I ended up doing a team viewer session and it was done/uploaded into my MXG within 10-15 minutes. Also, in order to keep everything working as it should, I opted to keep the OEM cluster plugged in and tucked away under the dash. There is very little room under there and my hands are quite large so it was a PIA for me but nonetheless I got it done.

I also swapped out the Sparco QRT-Cs for Recaro SPG XLs! While I loved the QRT-Cs, I'm stoked to finally have these Recaros in the car. Yes they added back 10lbs each side but I'll live. I'll be listing the QRT-Cs for sale soon, so if you're interested and are reading this, send me a PM.

Hey I am also mounting the same exact aim dash right now so I’m trying to understand how you went about wiring it. I wired the can harness that came with it already. But I am not able to get any fuel readings. Do you also use the 23 pi. Harness that came with it too? And if so what did you do? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 02:47 AM   #222
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Car is looking good!
      07-03-2022, 10:16 PM   #223
ROBM2C
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C , DATSUN 260z, Porche

@ebisu8

What did you do with your old set of e88s?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 02:54 PM   #224
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBM2C View Post
@ebisu8

What did you do with your old set of e88s?
They are sitting in storage.
      07-04-2022, 07:35 PM   #225
ROBM2C
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C , DATSUN 260z, Porche

@ebisu8

I will buy them if your done with them .
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 11:35 PM   #226
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBM2C View Post
@ebisu8

I will buy them if your done with them .
I'm not done with them and they are not for sale. Thx
      10-10-2022, 03:23 PM   #227
speedy_ryan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 6MT

Been following you on IG for a little while now; definitely one of the best builds in the US!

Had a quick question - did you need to roll/pull your front fenders? I'm currently troubleshooting my setup and trying to weigh my options. TIA!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:05 PM   #228
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_ryan View Post
Been following you on IG for a little while now; definitely one of the best builds in the US!

Had a quick question - did you need to roll/pull your front fenders? I'm currently troubleshooting my setup and trying to weigh my options. TIA!
Hey thanks! I keep forgetting to update this thread, it's a lot of work to do both lol.

As for the fenders, I folded the OEM ones for max clearance. The Alpha N ones are pure carbon so they aren't rolled but they are a "molded roll" if that makes sense.
      10-10-2022, 10:17 PM   #229
k_mann
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Now...the blue stitch. I haven't been a fan of the color options for the M2C from the start. I considered buying some panels off a 228/235 that just have black stitch but every option I found they were beat up. I considered getting them re-stitched but the cost didn't resonate with me haha. So I did what is unthinkable to most, I took a black dye marker too the blue stitch. I've done a couple coats but stopped because it's good enough for now. I have other plans down the road so my efforts pleased me.

First I went back to stock floor mats and sold the coco mats. Then the shift boot/ebrake boots. Lastly the door panels, you can still see blue in certain lighting but overall it's not bright polar blue anymore which, like I said is good enough for now.

That's hilarious I've had the same thought of using a dye marker on my stitching. I really wish we could have got white like the f80/f82.

Any close ups of the alcantara door panels after dye? Did the alcantara take on some of it?

Insta: @kmannc
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2022, 07:57 PM   #230
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I was about to say, I like the blue but seeing it in black, thats really nice, I think I actually prefer it too
Appreciate 1
ebisu81079.50
      10-11-2022, 08:03 PM   #231
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_mann View Post
That's hilarious I've had the same thought of using a dye marker on my stitching. I really wish we could have got white like the f80/f82.

Any close ups of the alcantara door panels after dye? Did the alcantara take on some of it?
The alcantara did soak in some, I went over it pretty quick and I did multiple coats. I don't have close ups but once you're in the car, you wouldn't notice it. I will eventually take them apart to redo them OR just replace the door cards with the CF Schirmer door panels.

I plan on getting the Schirmer CF doors but that means I'll need a full cage and I'm not ready for that yet. It will happen just not that quickly.

This reminds me I have a set of F22 Door cards with the Cinnamon inserts. I completely forgot that I got them and they've been sitting in storage. I had the idea of wrapping my Recaro in Cinnamon leather down the road. Hmmm.
      10-12-2022, 08:16 AM   #232
paulina
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
The alcantara did soak in some, I went over it pretty quick and I did multiple coats. I don't have close ups but once you're in the car, you wouldn't notice it. I will eventually take them apart to redo them OR just replace the door cards with the CF Schirmer door panels.

I plan on getting the Schirmer CF doors but that means I'll need a full cage and I'm not ready for that yet. It will happen just not that quickly.

This reminds me I have a set of F22 Door cards with the Cinnamon inserts. I completely forgot that I got them and they've been sitting in storage. I had the idea of wrapping my Recaro in Cinnamon leather down the road. Hmmm.
I am thinking of getting the Team Schirmer CF doors as well. I thought their CF doors have extra bracing build into the it. A full cage maybe not be required
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #233
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulina View Post
I am thinking of getting the Team Schirmer CF doors as well. I thought their CF doors have extra bracing build into the it. A full cage maybe not be required
They have bracing but not enough to replicate the bracing on an OEM door. It's definitely recommended to get a full cage. If you don't it's at your own risk.
      11-10-2022, 01:38 PM   #234
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

Really dig that rear bar/seat delete setup. I have a rear bar, but have been looking for a a similar rear close-out. Did you order yours from somewhere or just do it custom? The side-cushion pieces look familiar to me.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 05:34 PM   #235
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

I ordered them as a bundled setup from Germany and had it shipped over.
      11-16-2022, 08:02 AM   #236
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Hey man, curious about the CAE - how are you liking it?? Thinking about picking one up. Where did you buy it from? Did you buy direct from CAE?
      11-16-2022, 10:51 AM   #237
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Hey man, curious about the CAE - how are you liking it?? Thinking about picking one up. Where did you buy it from? Did you buy direct from CAE?
Love it and wouldn't change a thing. I bought direct from them because they had them in stock and ship fast.
      11-16-2022, 06:24 PM   #238
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Love it and wouldn't change a thing. I bought direct from them because they had them in stock and ship fast.
Oh I'll message them and see if they still have any in stock, that would be awesome!

It has return to center and a reverse lockout right?
      11-16-2022, 08:21 PM   #239
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Oh I'll message them and see if they still have any in stock, that would be awesome!

It has return to center and a reverse lockout right?
Yes sir!
      12-17-2022, 06:25 PM   #240
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

The past 6 months have been a bit of a blur for me and I think that's a good thing. Life is good. Since the last update there has been Germany, Recaro and Volk happenings.

I'll start off with Germany! This trip was mainly to visit Team Schirmer and well of course the Nurburgring. I will say, when I planned this trip, I knew it was going to be special. I didn't expect it to be a bucket list trip and it certainly was, it lived up to the hype and I will be going back!

On June 30th, I flew out on a red eye and landed in Frankfurt on July 1st. Got the rental car and sprinted to Boos, Germany which is the home of Team Schirmer. It was everything I thought it was going to be and more. It was definitely a very special experience and I can't wait to be back. Incredibly lucky to meet Tom, Patrick, Guido and Martyn. Here are some of the pics that I was able to take from outside the shop. Unfortunately no pics were allowed inside and that's fine. It actually gave me the opportunity to soak it in for a more memorable experience.

After my visit, I left for Dorint Am Nürburgring Hocheifel which is where I stayed for my first night. Such a cool place with a lot of history and its right on the ring. The cockpit bar was super rad!

After a good check in I was able to make my way to the main lot where my head was turning left/right/up/down add a bit of whip lash too. Sooooo many awesome cars and everyone was so friendly. I got to meet so many people I've chatted with on IG over the past years. The day was just filled with joy as you could imagine. Here's a few to share.

And a few action shots!

Inside the Döttinger Höhe! Any car you want, it's here.

A view from the Nürburg Castle

Lastly, a day/night at Apex Nürburg. If you've watched Misha Charoudin on YouTube you'll recognize this place. I even had a chance to meet/chat with him too - he's a busy busy man. If you get a chance to make it to the ring, book a night or two here at least. The entire staff is awesome and it's in a great location too. I was able to take a lap with Tim Morley in the F80 Schirmer GT. Tim's driving skills are bar none and that full lap experience left me speechless.

I know this really isn't pertaining to my car and build, I wanted to share and encourage folks to make a trip out there if you can. I absolutely enjoyed the experience, got to meet incredible people in person that I didn't think I would have been able to do.
Markyc66164.00
      12-17-2022, 06:32 PM   #241
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Just a couple of remaining shots of the RIA's before the end of summer!

12-17-2022, 06:35 PM   #242
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep

Over the summer, Recaro had a recall on the SPG XL seats so I swapped them out for some Recaro Pole Position ABE with carbon fiber buckets. They are extremely comfortable and I absolutely love them.