Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane;

" Cleanliness is next to Godliness."
as the saying goes.

I appreciate the fact that you're not afraid to put your pictures where your mouth is. OCD or not... Love it!
I'll be honest, I thought I was tidy and OCD until I saw this guy
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25107.50
Lady Jane70857.00
Mein11422.00
      07-14-2021, 07:56 AM   #6140
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
How did I miss that?
Years of beatings, as a child, makes me notice shit like this. I get paid for it now!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #6141
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You dudes are hilarious!!!

If only I could pass off the items as new/unused. Well I suppose I could, but that would be a jerk move. I should trash them.

The closet needs a little tidying. That's one of two.

Am I the only one who rolls all of my t-shirts so they can fit neatly in the drawers? Do you guy's place your scarves on a scarf ring?
Holy shit, Sedan! The OCD is strong here. I too have all the same hangers, all the same color, all clothes facing the same direction. But YOU have taken this to another level. Perfectly spaced and all your pants are folded to the exact same length? Do you use a tape measure?
I eyeball it and if they are out of alignment I fix them. They are all folded the exact same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Quote:

If only I could pass off the items as new/unused. Well I suppose I could, but that would be a jerk move. I should trash them.

Am I the only one who rolls all of my t-shirts so they can fit neatly in the drawers? Do you guy's place your scarves on a scarf ring?
Why didn't I think of that? I'm rolling up my tees like that also.
I have them all rolled into 7" long/2" circumference rolls. They look amazing in the drawer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post

Quote:
You don't have any winter scarves to complete your outfits when out in the cold?!?

I own one scarf, through all the years in MI, don't think it's ever been worn.

Also, why do you hang pants and roll shirts in drawer? I'm opposite, all pants in drawers and all shirts hung up so no chance for creases.
I've found that hung t-shirts get that hanger creep around the shoulder area and I hate it, so I fold/roll them instead.

Quote:
Quote:
You don't have any winter scarves to complete your outfits when out in the cold?!?

You live in freakin So CA? You need a scarf? You're killing me.......
It's form over function. It's merely to complete the look. One must dress to impress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Holy shit. I'm dying over here this morning. "Captain Stern"

My ponderings this morning. I confess, I have too many clothes. My jeans alone wouldn't fit in Captain Sterns closet. All shirts get hung, no exceptions. All shirts get ironed before wearing. My OCD is off the charts as well. I come by it honest; I'm a 5S/Kaizen/Lean guy. My closet is as follows from left to right - long sleeve t's on the far left (descending in color from black to white), then short sleeve t's (same color order), hung dress pants (dark to light, left to right), jeans (dark wash to light), work shirts (we wear uniform shirts), long sleeve dress shirts, then sweaters. All matching hangers, all hangers, shirts and pants hung in the same direction.

It's not a being anal thing, it's an efficiency thing. I don't have time to waste to until I get to work.

The only clothes that go in drawers are sock, under wear and clothes that only get worn to work in the yard. Closets > Furniture

I also have one scarf and it was bought specifically to wear with a coat. It was worn once for about 10 minutes.

Also, Captain Stern, I see an empty hanger mixed in with uniforms. That's a -1 on your OCD score card sir.
Unfortunately I have to wear a uniform, so therein explains the empty hanger. I know, it gets to me too. I love when I get to fill all of my hangers again once all uniforms are clean. Lol!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Also, Captain Stern, I see an empty hanger mixed in with uniforms. That's a -1 on your OCD score card sir.
How did I miss that?
I bet your closet looks great. Let's see pictures. That goes for all of youzzzz!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Quote:

" Cleanliness is next to Godliness."
as the saying goes.

I appreciate the fact that you're not afraid to put your pictures where your mouth is. OCD or not... Love it!
Thanks L.J.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan;

Scarves???? whats a scarf?
A "come here & kiss me" ornament women love to tug on and use to pull you close to them.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #6142
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
I eyeball it and if they are out of alignment I fix them. They are all folded the exact same way.

I have them all rolled into 7" long/2" circumference rolls. They look amazing in the drawer.

I've found that hung t-shirts get that hanger creep around the shoulder area and I hate it, so I fold/roll them instead.

It's form over function. It's merely to complete the look. One must dress to impress.

Unfortunately I have to wear a uniform, so therein explains the empty hanger. I know, it gets to me too. I love when I get to fill all of my hangers again once all uniforms are clean. Lol!

I bet your closet looks great. Let's see pictures. That goes for all of youzzzz!!!!

Thanks L.J.!!!

A "come here & kiss me" ornament women love to tug on and use to pull you close to them.
My one mission, should I choose to accept it, is to drive 4 hours and take my letter in then alphabet and have what I’ve done to your closet go down as a storm of historical proportions.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 08:07 AM   #6143
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Just a little refrigerator tidiness on my soda shelves. Some chick left the Barefoot wine in there, and I won't drink it, but I can't waste it either.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:08 AM   #6144
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Just a little refrigerator tidiness on my soda shelves. Some chick left the Barefoot wine in there, and I won't drink it, but I can't waste it either.
Admittedly my fridge looks similar 😂
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25107.50
Tommy-G4490.50
      07-14-2021, 08:13 AM   #6145
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:
Admittedly my fridge looks similar 😂
It's the refrigerator perfect for an 8 year old boy.

Do you guys have a toiletries basket or vacuum your living room rug before you leave work in the morning?

P.S. I think I'm going to paint an accent wall in my dining area soon. I picked out some colors recently. Maybe you guys & gals can help me decide on the final color. I also want to take down and relocate the blue-line flag, and put an acrylic picture there (…the type where the picture is inside of the glass/acrylic). They look really awesome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
nyalpine907433.00
cmyx6go15761.00
Lady Jane70857.00
Mein11422.00
      07-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #6146
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

Do you guys have a toiletries basket or vacuum your living room rug before you leave work in the morning?

P.S. I think I'm going to paint an accent wall in my dining area soon. I picked out some colors recently.
do u have your guest take off their shoes?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 08:20 AM   #6147
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Quote:

P.S. I think I'm going to paint an accent wall in my dining area soon. I picked out some colors recently.
do u have your guest take off their shoes?
Absolutely. No shoes beyond the initial entry area. It keeps floors/carpets cleaners.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00
      07-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #6148
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Absolutely. No shoes beyond the initial entry area. It keeps floors/carpets cleaners.

i can tell!!
same policy at my house!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #6149
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

i can tell!!
same policy at my house!
Pics pics.

This has now become the "home thread." Lol!
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3132.50
      07-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #6150
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

We always take our shoes off at the door. I don't make guests do it. We covered this in some thread a while back. I do vacuum almost every morning before I leave. The clothes in my closet all have the same hanger. My shirts are color coordinated from white to black but they start with spaghetti straps, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and then long sleeve. My pants are hung and color coordinated starting with white to dark. Once I take something off the hanger it goes to a small area reserved for extra hangers. My husband has all matching hangers and I color coordinated his shirts. For the most part, he keeps it in line. I don't have a toiletries basket because I have things nicely organized in the cabinet under the sink or in the drawers.

But, I'm a chick so don't know if this makes any difference
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25107.50
Tommy-G4490.50
nyalpine907433.00
      07-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #6151
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
We always take our shoes off at the door. I don't make guests do it. We covered this in some thread a while back. I do vacuum almost every morning before I leave. The clothes in my closet all have the same hanger. My shirts are color coordinated from white to black but they start with spaghetti straps, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and then long sleeve. My pants are hung and color coordinated starting with white to dark. Once I take something off the hanger it goes to a small area reserved for extra hangers. My husband has all matching hangers and I color coordinated his shirts. For the most part, he keeps it in line. I don't have a toiletries basket because I have things nicely organized in the cabinet under the sink or in the drawers.

But, I'm a chick so don't know if this makes any difference
Ohhhh I like it. I'm employing that beginning today. We need closet pics.

I keep the toiletries basket and liquid soap/lotion dispensers on a nice display so randoms aren't going through my drawers and cabinets.

Do you hand wash dishes or use the dishwasher?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:55 AM   #6152
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I keep the toiletries basket and liquid soap/lotion dispensers on a nice display so randoms aren't going through my drawers and cabinets.

I keep a hand towel nicely folded near the sink and there is hand soap positioned to the right. These are in guest bathrooms so there is nothing except toilet paper, bath and body works lotion, toothpaste, brushes, q tips, eye make up remover pads, extra soap and towels in the cabinets. I like to make sure my friends have any extras they may need when they come over.

It depends. I hand wash nice cutting knives but I prefer the dishwasher. All dishes are washed clean before they go in and I never leave dishes in the sink for more than a hour (this is only to soak a pot). Otherwise, I wash all the food off and dishes go immediately into the dishwasher.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25107.50
cmyx6go15761.00
King Rudi13154.00
      07-14-2021, 08:57 AM   #6153
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I keep a hand towel nicely folded near the sink and there is hand soap positioned to the right. These are in guest bathrooms so there is nothing except toilet paper, bath and body works lotion, toothpaste, brushes, q tips, eye make up remover pads, extra soap and towels in the cabinets. I like to make sure my friends have any extras they may need when they come over.

It depends. I hand wash nice cutting knives but I prefer the dishwasher. All dishes are washed clean before they go in and I never leave dishes in the sink for more than a hour (this is only to soak a pot). Otherwise, I wash all the food off and dishes go immediately into the dishwasher.
I like it! <clap>

I knew you were cool Rebekah.

I feel like I want to give my entire bathroom a makeover. The stuff I have in there I've carried over from my last place.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:57 AM   #6154
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:

Just what you need more ocd
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 09:02 AM   #6155
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

@Sedan_Clan Home Goods is my jam. If y'all have one there and you haven't been check it out.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15761.00
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #6156
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Pics pics.

with 2 toddlers , they have their area to play.
we are not sure to go with blinds or curtains.
as you can see the sectional sofa/couch is not meant for this area, went from apartment to house.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25107.50
      07-14-2021, 09:09 AM   #6157
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
@Sedan_Clan Home Goods is my jam. If y'all have one there and you haven't been check it out.
Oh yes! Between Home Goods and even Marshall's……you can find some choice items if you time it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:

Just what you need more ocd
There can never be too much.

Quote:
Quote:
Pics pics.

[IMG]https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/pictu...ictureid=81260[/IMG]

as you can see the sectional sofa/couch is not meant for this area, went from apartment to house.
I actually like it, but I see what you mean. Transitional furniture works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. You could make that work though. I see the vision. An accent wall (..while leaving the crown molding-like borders around the windows white), some wall art, etc….finesse that space.

It's nice to see some tidy dudes in here.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00
      07-14-2021, 09:28 AM   #6158
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
I figured it would be more of the "7" long/2" circumference thing that would do that.
Damn, this thread just keeps giving. Lol.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25107.50
King Rudi13154.00
      07-14-2021, 09:30 AM   #6159
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
I figured it would be more of the "7" long/2" circumference thing that would do that.
Damn, this thread just keeps giving. Lol.

Damn, I see what I did there…..then what you did there. Yeah, it's that too. Lmao!

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
TiMSport12803.00
      07-14-2021, 09:33 AM   #6160
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Oh I'd have lots of fun on a sofa like that. Endless possibilities.

If you choose to go with blinds, check this site out. I put blinds in every window in my house for under $600.
https://www.factorydirectblinds.com/...ux-wood-blinds
I went with 2" Faux wood in white. They also do custom sizing.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4490.50
Sedan_Clan25107.50