BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Advice on burble setting with BM3 tune?

01-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #1
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Advice on burble setting with BM3 tune?

So when I first flashed to stage 1, burbles sounded just right. I then disabled and then enabled ASD and burbles are gone in all driving modes. I tried flashing back to stock and then flashing a new stage 1 but they are gone in all burbles settings and driving modes.

ASD was on when I first flashed and burbles were great. Now they are gone under any setting.

Any ideas what happened?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #2
bi0hazard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 m2

have you tried asking in the BM3 facebook forum?
      01-13-2019, 12:26 AM   #3
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
You have to have ASD disables for burbles to work.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:55 AM   #4
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
What's weird is that when I first flashed it I hadn't disabled ASD and burbles worked fine. When I disabled ASD to try it and then re-enabled it they were gone. So I know it was working with ASD unless ASD was automatically disabled when I first flashed it?

Just curious, why would burbles have anything to do with ASD anyway? I though ASD was just speaker sound so I don't understand why that would impact burbles.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 01:39 AM   #5
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
Quote:
What's weird is that when I first flashed it I hadn't disabled ASD and burbles worked fine. When I disabled ASD to try it and then re-enabled it they were gone. So I know it was working with ASD unless ASD was automatically disabled when I first flashed it?

Just curious, why would burbles have anything to do with ASD anyway? I though ASD was just speaker sound so I don't understand why that would impact burbles.
You're right, ASD has absolutely nothing to do with the overrun burble except for the fact that you could possible manipulate both with a tune. I don't understand why anyone would suggest otherwise. :

If I had to guess, it I would say it has something to do with the tune settings. It's possible that the 'burbles' might of not have been enable on the re-flash. Recheck the parameters and flash it again. That should solve the issue..
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50
      01-13-2019, 04:44 AM   #6
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
Quote:

You're right, ASD has absolutely nothing to do with the overrun burble except for the fact that you could possible manipulate both with a tune. I don't understand why anyone would suggest otherwise. :

If I had to guess, it I would say it has something to do with the tune settings. It's possible that the 'burbles' might of not have been enable on the re-flash. Recheck the parameters and flash it again. That should solve the issue..
+1

Yep. What he said!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #7
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

My advice would be to set BM3 how you want and then use BimmerCode to get ASD back. I haven’t tried that, but seems like a reasonable path.
Appreciate 1
akkando5864.50