BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone used this company, is it legit

12-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Anyone used this company, is it legit

Has anyone used the company below, sorry crypted URL but when I put the actual URL in my post, then preview the post, the URL looks like this

http://*************

home page remove each dash below and start with http://

o-e-m-n-a-v-i-g-a-t-i-o-n-s dot com

products page

append this to the link above

/collections/easy-bmw-idrive-coding

Searching, found actual server is in Canada and its been active for over 1 year
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 DCT

The prices for each option seem crazy; between $30 and $60 USD for each option. That's a full bimmercode setup right there for the price of one of their middle options.

Some may not feel comfortable with the expert bimmercode stuff but the standard mode is really easy to use. It's a one time cost versus the ala carte cost of the service you posted which can easily creep over $1000 if you want several changes. Just estimating my coding tweaks with their prices (not all my changes are on their menu) it'd be over 1k.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What do I change in bimmercode to go id5 to id6 lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGary911 View Post
The prices for each option seem crazy; between $30 and $60 USD for each option. That's a full bimmercode setup right there for the price of one of their middle options.

Some may not feel comfortable with the expert bimmercode stuff but the standard mode is really easy to use. It's a one time cost versus the ala carte cost of the service you posted which can easily creep over $1000 if you want several changes. Just estimating my coding tweaks with their prices (not all my changes are on their menu) it'd be over 1k.

Do you know what I would have to change in bimmercode to go from id5 to id6 lite, looking at the map version, I have NBT EVO

There is another company codemybimmer but they want you to send them your head unit and they will return it with everything available, apple play, SiriusXM, all the stuff on the website I mentioned above.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Lucky you. The change you're wanting is only available in the advanced settings, but it's one of the simpler settings you can adjust in there. One of the challenges with advanced is that they're all abbreviations.....abbreviations in German.

That being said, if you go to HeadUnit > 3000 HMI > Select Advanced > HMI_ID_VERSION

you merely have to select the version you want. Go with Lite for the older cars and may want non-lite if you have a touchscreen. Here's a screenshot of the setting. It's a REALLY easy one and is a standalone change unlike some of the other things folks do with Bimmercode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 02:20 AM   #5
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have went thru that 3000 menu in advanced mode several times but cannot find what you have above in your post.

I just downloaded bimmercode the other day, I have an iPhone. I am running in demo mode, maybe that is the reason, I dont have the OBD connector.

Do you know what the recommended adapter is and where to order

Thanks for your help!!

Just looked at the cars you own, I have also

2004 E46 M3 silver gray/black interior 6-spd, nav
2017 F87 M2 Mineral gray/black, M double clutch, exec package

Last edited by damills; 12-29-2018 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
McGary911
Captain
United_States
Rep

Funny, our garages aren't that far apart. Same years, same cars.....you just have one more roof than I do.

You won't see "your" car's info in demo mode...it's just showing you something generic which is why you can't see that setting. You'll see it once you get the dongle and connect to yours for real.

I got my adapter about 2 years ago. It's a VGate wifi adapter for use with my iPad. The Android BimmerCode is a little different (fewer options last time I checked) and may require a different dongle.

The bimmercode site has a bunch of info on the adapters they're recommending today: http://bimmercodeapp.com/adapter/

Once you have the adapter, it can be used for a whole lot more than Bimmercode. If you ever get a check engine light you can pull the code with many free apps out there. There are also a bunch that will let you monitor a lot of systems on the car including things you'd expect on the dash like water and oil temp as well as many more obscure things......

The bimmercode thread has grown a bit large (I think if you laid all the posts end to end you would circle the globe 3x) but pretty much everything IS in there. The "search this thread" function is pretty necessary if you haven't been following it from the beginning.

This is the first car I've ever coded and I'm really happy with the little tweaks I can do to personalize it. Good luck.
Appreciate 0