BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Proximity sensors in the door handles?

12-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

Proximity sensors in the door handles?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Does the M2C have proximity sensors in the door handles so that the windows move down ready for opening before the door actually starts opening.

I read somewhere that BMW's have that. As you approach, the lights turn on and everything gets ready before you even touch the handle. I cannot determine if the M2C has this, or if it's reserved for the super spendy Bimmers.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactPatch View Post
Does the M2C have proximity sensors in the door handles so that the windows move down ready for opening before the door actually starts opening.

I read somewhere that BMW's have that. As you approach, the lights turn on and everything gets ready before you even touch the handle. I cannot determine if the M2C has this, or if it's reserved for the super spendy Bimmers.
The one I tried didn't. When you open the doors quickly, the window is still dropping by the time you drag it past the outer seal so it sort of wobbles/spang a bit. I open it steadily, and it's fine when you do that. My old E36 coupe was also the same and that was not a common problem area.

Porsche Boxsters have a microswitch in the door handle - you lift the handle part-way, the window drops, then you open the door. But even with the microswitch, open the door quickly and it still does the spang thing.
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2018, 05:55 AM   #3
4PIPE
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Garage List
2008 M3 convertible  [0.00]
2014 M4  [0.00]
nope its not on the m2. this is only only the new x5 and vehicles after that
      12-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4PIPE View Post
nope its not on the m2. this is only only the new x5 and vehicles after that
That a shame, would be a nice feature. However, it could be a troublesome thing too.
Appreciate 0