Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGM2 View Post

- I'm not the OP but I had the MPS installed on my 18 LCI at the dealer....Went with the dealer for warranty reasons even though I served as the guinea pig as I was the first one there to have it installed.

- I did specifically ask for the M tech to perform the work though.

- If you haven't already purchased the suspension make sure to buy the mounting hardware as it is one time use and is NOT included with the suspension.
3 very good bits of advice from OGM2 above

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGM2 View Post
I didn't specify the settings but I'm pretty sure they will set it to factory recommendation by default. The drop is perfect as far as being able to get around without stressing about scraping.
In the UK, oem parts like MPS BMW will only honour warranty if dealer installed and they will set the car up as per BMW instructions. As an aside, my dealer threw the extra mounting hardware FoC as part of the deal for them to do the work.

BP
Thanks for the tip! Which parts front and rear are one-time use?
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #25
OGM2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 AW DCT MPS,N180 4Runner

Not sure what the part number is but here's a link so you can see what I'm talking about (my local dealer also told me the same thing as far as it being one time use and sold separately). Scroll to the coilovers and look at the bottom where it says hardware sold separate and you actually have to select it and there will be a price. https://www.bmwpartspros.com/partloc...75&startrow=31
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00
      01-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #26
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
Front: The bolts attaching the strut brace to the strut tops, the bolts attaching the strut tops to the strut tower, the nuts holding the struts to the strut tops, The nut and bolt that clamp the strut to the front upright, the gasket between the strut tops and the strut tower (you might get away with that last one through).

Rear: The bolts holding the upper damper mount to the body, the but holding the damper to the upper mount, the gasket between the upper mount and the body (as with the front...), plus the nut and bolt that attaches the lower damper mount to the camber arm, the nut on the eccentric camber adjustment bolt, and (depending on how you fit them) the nut and bolt that attach the camber arm to the subframe.

I think that's it...?

Last edited by M Fifty; 01-16-2019 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: Extra info.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #27
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
Front: The bolts attaching the strut brace to the strut tops, the bolts attaching the strut tops to the strut tower, the nuts holding the struts to the strut tops, The nut and bolt that clamp the strut to the front upright, the gasket between the strut tops and the strut tower (you might get away with that last one through).

Rear: The bolts holding the upper damper mount to the body, the but holding the damper to the upper mount, the gasket between the upper mount and the body (as with the front...), plus the nut and bolt that attaches the lower damper mount to the camber arm, the nut on the eccentric camber adjustment bolt, and (depending on how you fit them) the nut and bolt that attach the camber arm to the subframe.

I think that's it...?
Thanks!

Are any of these stretch bolts? I'm wondering if it's imperative these get swapped out, especially for a newer car (under 10k miles). And I'm also curious if most shops swap these out or if they just re-use.
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #28
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

It you have the appropriate tools, you're more likely to remove them without damage.
Appreciate 1
mhanism277.00