BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion

01-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #221
nikm0910
Registered
Rep
Drives: LBB OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
Guys, I'm struggling with this tune to get ASD and burbles working at the same time. Already did a session with PTF and they reset my ECU or something but still can't do burbles and ASD at the same time. It worked when I originally flashed but once I disabled and then re-enabled ASD the burbles are gone. Just can't seem to get this fixed and don't understand how ASD has anything to do with burbles. PTF or anyone else, your help would be appreciated. I'm running Stage 2, 91 Octane. Works fine but want burbles and ASD at the same time.
Suggest you jump on the bootmod3 enthusiasts Facebook group. They are the most helpful place to seek answers, a lot of the PTF support team on there as well.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #222
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

UPDATE:
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1576383
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      01-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #223
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Does BM3 do anything for the after shift lag in the 6MT M2s?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #224
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Does BM3 do anything for the after shift lag in the 6MT M2s?
In my opinion, the turbo lag between shifts is pretty bad in the manual M2, which is a shame, especially compared to the DCT.

There is often a lot of talk comparing Manual to DCT and how the Manual is more involving and the DCT is boring, but I don't think that's the case at all. The Manual may be more involving, but there is absolutely no doubt that it's slower. I've tried several times to achieve the quoted 4.x 0-60, and I've never been able to get close, mostly because of the lag between shifts.

Having said all of that, I have noticed more recently that if you shift well and let the revs go right out to red line, there is almost no appreciable turbo lag at all. If you shift at 5,500 you'll have lag, but shift at 7,000 and there isn't any.

As for your question... In theory, overrun burbles could help with lag reduction between shifts, and with BM3 that is tunable. I'm not sure if it helps in practice, but I think it might. I seem to get less lag in Sport, Sport+ and DSC off than I do in Comfort.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
akkando5863.00
      01-25-2019, 01:22 AM   #225
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
In my opinion, the turbo lag between shifts is pretty bad in the manual M2, which is a shame, especially compared to the DCT.

There is often a lot of talk comparing Manual to DCT and how the Manual is more involving and the DCT is boring, but I don't think that's the case at all. The Manual may be more involving, but there is absolutely no doubt that it's slower. I've tried several times to achieve the quoted 4.x 0-60, and I've never been able to get close, mostly because of the lag between shifts.

Having said all of that, I have noticed more recently that if you shift well and let the revs go right out to red line, there is almost no appreciable turbo lag at all. If you shift at 5,500 you'll have lag, but shift at 7,000 and there isn't any.

As for your question... In theory, overrun burbles could help with lag reduction between shifts, and with BM3 that is tunable. I'm not sure if it helps in practice, but I think it might. I seem to get less lag in Sport, Sport+ and DSC off than I do in Comfort.
Yeah you really have to let it bounce off the rev limiter to get good 0-60 times. I hope high bog will come into play soon to fix this issue.

But imo I'm very glad I got the 6mt, if I got the dct I would be bored outta my mind, shifting with the paddles is so one dimensional that I get sick and tired of it I just leave it in full auto. Then it gets really stale overtime the car becomes boring on the street. On the track the dct will get better lap times and the focus on corners entry and exit and apexes will make it less stale, but as an overall experience balancing both track use and spirited driving on the street I couldn't imagine not having the manual.
r121444.00
Poochie9103.00
      01-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #226
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:

Yeah you really have to let it bounce off the rev limiter to get good 0-60 times. I hope high bog will come into play soon to fix this issue.

But imo I'm very glad I got the 6mt, if I got the dct I would be bored outta my mind, shifting with the paddles is so one dimensional that I get sick and tired of it I just leave it in full auto. Then it gets really stale overtime the car becomes boring on the street. On the track the dct will get better lap times and the focus on corners entry and exit and apexes will make it less stale, but as an overall experience balancing both track use and spirited driving on the street I couldn't imagine not having the manual.
Glad we're talking about the lag between shifts, it gets very little recognition, however, is ptf aware of it? If you have logs demonstrating this behavior please bring it to attention of ptf!

proTUNING Freaks
      01-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #227
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:

Yes, you need to rev it to 6,500rpm+ to reduce the shift lag. BMW uses some wizardy with the wastegate and valve timing to help keep the turbo spooled up a bit between high rpm shifts. It's really pretty amazing. That anti-lag tuning only seems present in Sport+, Traction Mode, or DSC Off, at least in my M235.

Launching a manual car effectively take a ton of practice. The key is launching at a higher rpm, rolling out about 6", and then quickly letting out the clutch while feeding it gas. You've got to keep the rpms up above 3,500rpm the whole way. Launch too low and you'll bog. Launch too high or get too greedy with the gas or clutch and you'll roast the tires. When you feel the tires scamper with no bog, then you'll know you go it right.
      01-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #228
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

@Nezil F87source

Try GFB DV+. The mainspring can hold as much as possible boost on throttle lift (for instance when shifting) that's otherwise completely let pass thru factory DV.

Mine is a DCT which hold more than enough boost during shifting, so I didn't use the spring. But it's a significant help to 8at and MT cars.

It's a 125 USD thing and I'm sure it will work for you.
      01-25-2019, 11:29 PM   #229
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
@Nezil F87source

Try GFB DV+. The mainspring can hold as much as possible boost on throttle lift (for instance when shifting) that's otherwise completely let pass thru factory DV.

Mine is a DCT which hold more than enough boost during shifting, so I didn't use the spring. But it's a significant help to 8at and MT cars.

Yeah I forgot about that part lol, I had one on my m235i and I dont remember if it helped or not. But I don't remember the shift bog being that bad. Generally when I do pulls I always go to red line so I dont really notice the bog.

Yeah I'll grab one sooner or later and test it out. Thanks for the thought!
      01-27-2019, 02:04 PM   #230
bi0hazard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 m2

M2 Bm3 OTC stage 2: 370 whp
Stock m3 comp: 390 whp

Same time on Mustang dyno. Both 6sp. Sorry no graph

Last edited by bi0hazard; 01-27-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 03:44 AM   #231
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0hazard View Post
M2 Bm3 OTC stage 2: 370 whp
Stock m3 comp: 390 whp

Same time on Mustang dyno. Both 6sp. Sorry no graph
My local dyno just had a stage 1 N55 M2 at 385whp and a stock M2C at 375whp.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #232
bi0hazard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
My local dyno just had a stage 1 N55 M2 at 385whp and a stock M2C at 375whp.
Yeah my numbers are for the mustang dyno...stock runs about 310-320, so 370 is impressive when compared to s55 comp (only 20 off.)

As far Stage 1 M2 385 whp, that has to be the strongest number in the world, no matter what dyno!

Last edited by bi0hazard; 01-28-2019 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 07:34 PM   #233
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0hazard View Post
Yeah my numbers are for the mustang dyno...stock runs about 310-320, so 370 is impressive when compared to s55 comp (only 20 off.)

As far Stage 1 M2 385 whp, that has to be the strongest number in the world, no matter what dyno!
Hmm stage 1 at 385 whp is odd.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #234
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
@Nezil F87source

There are two ways to configure the DV+, and I thought most people were configuring it without the main spring.

Are you saying that with the main spring we should see some pretty good reductions in turbo lag between shifts for MT cars? If that's the case, why isn't it a more popular mod?

I think we need the N20 model don't we? Maybe I can fit this without removing the turbo...

CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #235
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Just jumped onto the BM3 bandwagon. So I far I did the DCT and STAGE1 upgrade. I am curious at what "special tweaking" others have done. I don't mean STAGE2 or 3.

What have people done with the BM3 editor.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #236
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
There are two ways to configure the DV+, and I thought most people were configuring it without the main spring.

Are you saying that with the main spring we should see some pretty good reductions in turbo lag between shifts for MT cars? If that's the case, why isn't it a more popular mod?

I think we need the N20 model don't we? Maybe I can fit this without removing the turbo...
Pure has a modified version of the diverter valve that fits the m2.
      01-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #237
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Quote:
@Nezil F87source

I've read mixed reviews and installation is tougher than the typical fbo
      01-31-2019, 08:38 AM   #238
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
Just jumped onto the BM3 bandwagon. So I far I did the DCT and STAGE1 upgrade. I am curious at what "special tweaking" others have done. I don't mean STAGE2 or 3.

What have people done with the BM3 editor.
Is Stage 1 just the tune with DP, etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 11:43 PM   #239
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Is Stage 1 just the tune with DP, etc?
Stage1 can be ran on complete stock car or even with DP as well.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #240
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

UPDATE:

V52 pushed out last night has a number of enhancement updates and fixes. We've changed some of the agent's connection handling with the car as dash starts, logs start/stop, leave/re-enter the dashboard screen, run diagnostics making things much more zippy. Sporadic issue that would cause a blank log on v50-v51 of the agent at times has also been been resolved.

On the server we managed to also significantly speed up saving of map updates (e.g. map config save, saving changes in the table editor, getting OTS maps, sending map requests, etc). There was also a fix for the web/apps to the dashboard screen that at times on re-entry to the dashboard would show all the gauges stacked on top of each other.

Web and Android updates are out already, iOS v52 should hopefully be out on the app store some time today (awaiting apple review since last night).

****NOTE: Ensure you update your OBD Agent to v52 released late last night. If using the WiFi device get the latest SD card image and restore as we've updated the agent 'updater' on it and here's a link to it:

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki/...irmware+Update

Previous versions of the agent will NOT update over the air as the location where updater gets the agent updates from changed. If using a laptop agent we suggest just downloading and reinstalling the latest from www.bootmod3.net/downloads even if you possibly got v52 earlier yesterday ****
Appreciate 3
ZM22810.50
FSociety3811.50
akkando5863.00
      02-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #241
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

^^^ This has no change on the OTS maps.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 01:38 PM   #242
Nezil
Major
Rep

Quote:
@Nezil F87source

Thanks for the tip SeanWRT; fitted this weekend - my thoughts here: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24365253

Appreciate 0