BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Perl Carbon Front lip

07-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #1
n00bs41bot
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 Long Beach Blue M2

Perl Carbon Front lip

Just wanted to start a quick review of the Perl Carbon Front Lip Spoiler. Great product, super light, amazing quality, and overall a good product. Looks great on the car and was not too extremely low or out in front of the car. I did not want to sacrifice the fact that this is my daily driver (wish it wasn't lol ). Looks great and couldn't be happier with the result!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 05:55 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looks nice....my VRS style is too low and I am dragging in under compression braking at speed. I need to switch. Total cost shipped to you in Fla? You can PM me if needed
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
n00bs41bot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Looks nice....my VRS style is too low and I am dragging in under compression braking at speed. I need to switch. Total cost shipped to you in Fla? You can PM me if needed
Thanks! It was 750 shipped! Great price for the quality and what I wanted.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
Honda_bar
Private
Rep
Drives: Hrv accord

Yeah, I like the look a lot. Probably get this or the lightweight.
Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
M2Morocco
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bs41bot View Post
Just wanted to start a quick review of the Perl Carbon Front Lip Spoiler. Great product, super light, amazing quality, and overall a good product. Looks great on the car and was not too extremely low or out in front of the car. I did not want to sacrifice the fact that this is my daily driver (wish it wasn't lol ). Looks great and couldn't be happier with the result!
Looks good brother ! only one question , is your car lowered or is it on standard suspension ?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 03:30 PM   #6
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Best looking lip in my opinion. Congrats.

Appreciate 1
      07-31-2018, 09:10 PM   #7
n00bs41bot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Morocco View Post
Looks good brother ! only one question , is your car lowered or is it on standard suspension ?
Lowered... Eibach pro kit... I could not stand the wheel gap so that solved that problem, but introduced the problem of "What front lip will fit now without being "too Low"" lol.

While this is still low, I have yet to suffer "extreme drive-ability issues". scrapped once while turning into a dipping road, but driveways and such so far have been fine.

You still do have to be WAY more careful now, it is almost annoying lol.
Appreciate 2
      08-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #8
Honda_bar
Private
Rep
Drives: Hrv accord

How was instillation btw, fairly ez to line up correctly?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
n00bs41bot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_bar View Post
How was instillation btw, fairly ez to line up correctly?
Honestly I had it done, since its lowered and I do not have good ramps, or a huge garage to really mess with it, I just had it done. But, what they told me is that it was super easy, they were done in an hour. Lifted it up and put it right on.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #10
WSU2M2
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Beautiful!
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2018, 09:08 AM   #11
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

So purty
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 12:01 AM   #12
papertarget
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Lci

Emailed them and didn't get a response. Does anyone know where I can purchase this from?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:10 AM   #13
M2Morocco
Rep

Quote:
Lowered... Eibach pro kit... I could not stand the wheel gap so that solved that problem, but introduced the problem of "What front lip will fit now without being "too Low"" lol.

While this is still low, I have yet to suffer "extreme drive-ability issues". scrapped once while turning into a dipping road, but driveways and such so far have been fine.

You still do have to be WAY more careful now, it is almost annoying lol.
I have the same setup like you man ! but i have 12mm spacers all around ! i'll take some nice pics and share them later on !

As for scraping , i already damaged it a little bit as i have a small bump in my garage You really have to be very careful with it man! My other criteria when buying the lip was that it's fairly priced compared to other brands that ask a minimum of 1200 USD + shipping for a lip that i have 99% chance of damaging at some point !
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:13 AM   #14
M2Morocco
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertarget View Post
Emailed them and didn't get a response. Does anyone know where I can purchase this from?
Thanks
You should just buy it directly from their website and they pay online and the'll ship it to you ! i have seen some other people try the e-mail method but it seems to me they don't bother replying to them !
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2018, 08:35 AM   #15
n00bs41bot
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Morocco View Post
You should just buy it directly from their website and they pay online and the'll ship it to you ! i have seen some other people try the e-mail method but it seems to me they don't bother replying to them !
I had to email them 3 times before they responded. but they eventually did and sent it very quickly once i sent paypal payment. You cant buy on the website because you cannot select USA as a shipping destination.

perl.kunststoffverarbeitung@t-online.de
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 11:33 PM   #16
M2day
Rep
Drives: M2 black sapphire/DCT/Ex pack

Ship to USA?

Quote:
I had to email them 3 times before they responded. but they eventually did and sent it very quickly once i sent paypal payment. You cant buy on the website because you cannot select USA as a shipping destination.

perl.kunststoffverarbeitung@t-online.de
I have tried to order this one too and get stopped every time I tried to have it shipped to my home in the US. You have given me encouragement that they will in fact ship it. I agree it is the nicest looking front lip for the original M2. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #17
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Reviving, I really want this lip! I've been attempting to get in contact with Perl via emailing, Facebook, and website contact for the past two weeks for US shipping, but haven't received a response. Could they maybe be closed due to COVID19 over there?

EDIT: I called (using international calling card), they picked up, but quickly hung up "Gibt es jemanden, der Englisch spricht und mir helfen kann?"

I really want to buy this lip

Last edited by StarMan; 05-18-2020 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #18
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

After a month trying to get PERL to ship, I never got through to them. I used a company called MyGermany (https://mygermany.com/) and paid them a percentage to place the order for me. After payment it took 20 days for the item to finally arrive at my door steps. Best of all, I didn't have to pay the 19% VAT. My TOTAL COST (includes price of the lip without the 19%VAT, plus 10% of the item cost to My Germany for their service, and UPS Global Express Shipping from MyGermany warehouse to my US home) my total came to a grand total of $590 USD!
*Please note, I used my Travelers credit card which does not charge me for foreign transactions. If your bank card charges for foreign transaction fees then PayPal is also an option. Additionally, the exchange rate changes from day to day. I personally was not charged any sort of importation, duty taxes, nor brokerage fees by importing into the U.S. using UPS Express Saver, but there is no guarantee that you won’t get charged an extra fee from the shipping company.

Item arrived with the box pretty beat up, but the contents inside of it were all safe. That said, of course the instructions were all in German; I used google translate and fine tuned the wording (plus a few notes per my personal installation experience). I have attached the English instructions in PDF format to this thread.

Fitment is perfect and the quality of the lip is jaw dropping.

INSTALLATION NOTES
1. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the A points (per the instructions) were the biggest pain in the royal rear end. At point A where you drill in, there is zero space to put your hands let alone a wrench. PERL gives you a flat "wedge" tool to hold the U-Nut in place when trying to tighten the 5 provided machine screws, but it took an hour just to get the darn things to aligned.

2. The two final provided black Torx screws (hole E in the instructions) need to not only screw into the bumper, but must also screw through the black plastic part that is behind the bumper, otherwise the screw will push up on the plastic part, push down on the bumper, and you will not be able to screw one of the OE screws back into the clip.

Overall it took me 3 hours to complete the job. It's on there tight and it isn't going anywhere (I am not worried about it flying off at high speeds).

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Instructions Lip Perl rev2.pdf (220.4 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by StarMan; 06-20-2020 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 3
ahass48.00
AUSf222687.00
///MPhatic13544.50
      06-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #19
OzWoz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 6MT

It's a great design and suits your car. Well done on the translation.

As weird as it sounds, I actually like ABS plastic on my mineral grey and have found a diffuser for the rear made in it. I just wish I could get the Perl design lip in the same material. Lightweight lips seem the only option if you don't want to go carbon.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 11:07 PM   #20
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzWoz View Post
It's a great design and suits your car. Well done on the translation.

As weird as it sounds, I actually like ABS plastic on my mineral grey and have found a diffuser for the rear made in it. I just wish I could get the Perl design lip in the same material. Lightweight lips seem the only option if you don't want to go carbon.
Check out https://www.magnatuning.com/ , they have M2 ABS bits. I was almost tempted to go that route as well.
Appreciate 1
OzWoz75.00
      06-22-2020, 01:17 AM   #21
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
After a month trying to get PERL to ship, I never got through to them. I used a company called MyGermany (https://mygermany.com/) and paid them a percentage to place the order for me. After payment it took 20 days for the item to finally arrive at my door steps. Best of all, I didn't have to pay the 19% VAT. My TOTAL COST (includes price of the lip without the 19%VAT, plus 10% of the item cost to My Germany for their service, and UPS Global Express Shipping from MyGermany warehouse to my US home) my total came to a grand total of $590 USD!
*Please note, I used my Travelers credit card which does not charge me for foreign transactions. If your bank card charges for foreign transaction fees then PayPal is also an option. Additionally, the exchange rate changes from day to day. I personally was not charged any sort of importation, duty taxes, nor brokerage fees by importing into the U.S. using UPS Express Saver, but there is no guarantee that you won’t get charged an extra fee from the shipping company.

Item arrived with the box pretty beat up, but the contents inside of it were all safe. That said, of course the instructions were all in German; I used google translate and fine tuned the wording (plus a few notes per my personal installation experience). I have attached the English instructions in PDF format to this thread.

Fitment is perfect and the quality of the lip is jaw dropping.

INSTALLATION NOTES
1. Installation was pretty straight forward, but the A points (per the instructions) were the biggest pain in the royal rear end. At point A where you drill in, there is zero space to put your hands let alone a wrench. PERL gives you a flat "wedge" tool to hold the U-Nut in place when trying to tighten the 5 provided machine screws, but it took an hour just to get the darn things to aligned.

2. The two final provided black Torx screws (hole E in the instructions) need to not only screw into the bumper, but must also screw through the black plastic part that is behind the bumper, otherwise the screw will push up on the plastic part, push down on the bumper, and you will not be able to screw one of the OE screws back into the clip.

Overall it took me 3 hours to complete the job. It's on there tight and it isn't going anywhere (I am not worried about it flying off at high speeds).

Thank you for that! I've also been in contact with Perl but they are extremely slow with their responses.

I'll reach out to the website you linked to see if they can organise it for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 05:23 AM   #22
gilbertlh2004
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Perl Carbon Front Spoiler https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1729371
Appreciate 0