BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Is M2 suitable for DD in bumper to bumper traffic?

01-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #23
PE_Diablow
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Thank you all for all the suggestions and reassurances about DD'ing an M2 in rush hour traffic. Looks like the main consensus are as follows:

- DCT in DD'ing bumper to bumper is perfect in comfort mode.
- Get a hybrid so I don't risk not enjoying the M2 in traffic or portraying a bad image for such a perfectly balanced car
- Lastly, get a Manual

I mainly want to get a DCT since I enjoy tracking (novice level) and will continue to do so in a DCT M2. Although I do enjoy driving manuals, I just can't see myself driving a manual in brutal traffic 5 days a week. In order to not build a trashy image of the M2, I do plan on spirited runs over weekends and of course, track days. Finally, I did drive a Manual before - it was a Subaru STI that my prior job paid for, so I gladly gave it a shot. It was also in a much smaller, currently developing city in TX (Austin). Looking back, doubt I'd enjoy driving the STI in bad traffic everyday.

Thanks again for all your responses, I really appreciate it!
Appreciate 1
rich8566608.50