BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Used M2 with Dinan parts.

Closed Thread

11-21-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Used M2 with Dinan parts.

Hello all,

I joined a few years ago when the M2 was released in anticipation of one day getting one. I think that day may be nearer and there is a car that has my interest.

It's a 2017 with just over 11000 miles, executive package, and DCT. It comes with the following aftermarket parts;

Dinan Performance Tuning, performance S1
Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake,
CSF Performance Intercooler,
CSF Race Spec Oil Cooler,
Active Autowerks Charge Pipe,
Fabspeed 200 cel sport catalytic converters,
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust,
Dinan Tension Strut Ball Joint Kit,
Dinan Rear Suspension Link Kit.

All original parts are included with the car, and it has a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires all around.

They have it priced at 49,900 USD, firm. The receipt for the parts shows just over 10K installed.

What do you think of this price? It seems good to me, especially considering the aftermarket parts, which I would have looked to increase performance anyway.

It appears that the Dinan S1 is a pretty mild performance upgrade at 31 HP and 31 torque, any experiences with this package?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
To be honest, the Dinan parts add almost nothing to the resale price. The price is probably about 2K over market. If you like the upgrades see if he will meet you in the middle. I also would have an independent garage do a buyers inspection before I would purchase it.
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7441.00
      11-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
To be honest, the Dinan parts add almost nothing to the resale price. The price is probably about 2K over market. If you like the upgrades see if he will meet you in the middle. I also would have an independent garage do a buyers inspection before I would purchase it.
Thank you, that's kind of what I found since posting this..., mods don't really carry value and people generally part the car out separately when selling. I also found that other 2017 M2s with roughly the same mileage are generally priced right around 47K.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0

So I had to decide if I found the mods worth the slightly more in price, and I decided that they add value to me from not only a price of parts perspective, but time of install perspective as well. To make sure I felt OK with them, I took a look through the classifieds and ebay to see what the parts would go for used, and I think that if I were to sell them, I would be right in line with the 47K, or less, for the car. Considering they're similar to what I would want to do to the car, and the fact that all of the OEM parts come with it, I decided it was worth it to me.

That said, he and I came to an amicable agreement so I will be adding this car to my garage. (After, as you mentioned, an inspection). He's been nothing but helpful and willing to help me ensure I wasn't getting a POS.

Justin
Appreciate 1
DanG10567.00
      11-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Thank you, that's kind of what I found since posting this..., mods don't really carry value and people generally part the car out separately when selling. I also found that other 2017 M2s with roughly the same mileage are generally priced right around 47K.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0

So I had to decide if I found the mods worth the slightly more in price, and I decided that they add value to me from not only a price of parts perspective, but time of install perspective as well. To make sure I felt OK with them, I took a look through the classifieds and ebay to see what the parts would go for used, and I think that if I were to sell them, I would be right in line with the 47K, or less, for the car. Considering they're similar to what I would want to do to the car, and the fact that all of the OEM parts come with it, I decided it was worth it to me.

That said, he and I came to an amicable agreement so I will be adding this car to my garage. (After, as you mentioned, an inspection). He's been nothing but helpful and willing to help me ensure I wasn't getting a POS.

Justin
I am glad that things are working out for you. You will love driving an M2. Definitely the best car that I have ever owned and I have owned BMWs since 1971.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Seems like a fair price the parts and labor for the dinan stuff is several thousand (if you wanted those parts)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread