BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Stage 3 Upgraded Turbo Build

08-15-2021, 12:19 PM   #23
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Wait, so you bought an M2 with a stage 3 turbo and zero supporting mods?
More like, “you bought an M2 and didn’t realize It had a modified turbo?”

What’s the matter with you Lol?

Hope in addition to learning about fueling during this exercise you learned a lesson about the purchasing process?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:34 PM   #24
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanÂ’s Brother View Post
Quote:

Hope in addition to learning about fueling during this exercise you learned a lesson about the purchasing process?
I'm an inexperienced 19 year old. My bad sorry for pushing your buttons lol. I fixed all the problems that I was having and currently building the car right. Maybe trying informing me than judging. I am enjoying this build and having fun. If you don't like it, don't bother commenting
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #25
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneguags View Post
do I need the evo 3 with just a hpfp though ? seems a bit extra for that setup
CSF Intercooler should be more than enough for 500whp
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:37 PM   #26
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
CSF Intercooler should be more than enough for 500whp
I plan to add a hpfp later on for better fueling. will that still be able to support it ? I'll probably need something that cam support up to 600whp but unsure what size I need
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #27
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm an inexperienced 19 year old. My bad sorry for pushing your buttons lol. I fixed all the problems that I was having and currently building the car right. Maybe trying informing me than judging. I am enjoying this build and having fun. If you don't like it, don't bother commenting
Just healthy ball breaking. Toughen up. It’s what ensures inexperienced 19 year olds feel stupid enough they don’t make the same experience twice.

I’ve done way dumber stuff. The process works.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #28
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I plan to add a hpfp later on for better fueling. will that still be able to support it ? I'll probably need something that cam support up to 600whp but unsure what size I need
Upgrade components as necessary. The CSF should take you far. Once you’re sure it’s the limiting factor, sell it and upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:13 PM   #29
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed. Both are concerning.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #30
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman's Brother View Post
Quote:
More like, "you bought an M2 and didn't realize It had a modified turbo?"

What's the matter with you Lol?

Indeed. Both are concerning.
things are just mysteries right now but I'm gonna finish this build and do it done correctly
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #31
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Upgrade components as necessary. The CSF should take you far. Once you’re sure it’s the limiting factor, sell it and upgrade.
well I wanted to do it right the first time so I can save money. I might honestly just get the Wagner Evo 2 or the Dinan one since I see some are list used for a good deal
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #32
boldy1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW's m2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldy1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i run a stage 3 turbo and the wagner evo 3 is an upstanding cooler and the one i use its more expensive than some but come complete with new charge and turbo pipes
don't you have to cut the brace and take it out tho ?
i changed the brace with a 235i wordes and im getting air guides made for the bottom section. the evo 3 is the perfect cooler for a stage 3, i had the csf before this and the wagner is better
Stage 3 big turbo dyno video link :

I know the car and been to the tuning shop, the evo 3 is a better cooler for a full frame. i have had both and 3 different turbos on my car
i had a good deal with the evo 3 and fitting like i said you get charge pipes and turbo pipe for the price
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #33
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i run a stage 3 turbo and the wagner evo 3 is an upstanding cooler and the one i use its more expensive than some but come complete with new charge and turbo pipes
i changed the brace with a 235i wordes and im getting air guides made for the bottom section. the evo 3 is the perfect cooler for a stage 3, i had the csf before this and the wagner is better

I know the car and been to the tuning shop, the evo 3 is a better cooler for a full frame. i have had both and 3 different turbos on my car
i had a good deal with the evo 3 and fitting like i said you get charge pipes and turbo pipe for the price
I was thinking about a used evo 2 tbh. found some for $500-$600 so I might just do that
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:52 PM   #34
boldy1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was thinking about a used evo 2 tbh. found some for $500-$600 so I might just do that
if its what suits your needs and budget, i don't thing the evo 2 is the bedt for a full frame tho
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:54 PM   #35
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

if its what suits your needs and budget, i don't thing the evo 2 is the bedt for a full frame tho
I decided I'm just gonna do hpfp. isn't the evo 2 enough to support up to 600whp ?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #36
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
I decided I'm just gonna do hpfp. isn't the evo 2 enough to support up to 600whp ?
I’d go CSF, do88, VRSF, ER, Evo3 over the Evo2. The Evo2 is not worth it for higher power levels—it sheds heat fast, but it can’t handle as much heat as the other ICs mentioned. I’ve run stock, Dinan, Evo2, and Evo3 IC’s.

I also don’t think you’re going to get 500whp on 93 even with an HPFP and a Stage 3 turbo. I think you’ll be octane limited to get to that power level. But, some of the Stage 3 guys would need to share some Dynojet curves to confirm that or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #37
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you decide to go with Nostrum, shoot me a message. I can get you small discount.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #38
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

As mentioned before, the Evo 2 is not a good choice. There is another guy on the F30 side struggling with IATs on the Evo2 on a PS2 turbo. It also has the lowest total heat capacity of all the intercoolers mentioned here.

If you want to cut corners, anything will work. The $450 VRSF, or even $380 ARM (ER clone) would suffice. I’ll echo that a Evo 3 would be the best choice, but you have to decide what’s best for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:55 PM   #39
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
As mentioned before, the Evo 2 is not a good choice. There is another guy on the F30 side struggling with IATs on the Evo2 on a PS2 turbo. It also has the lowest total heat capacity of all the intercoolers mentioned here.

If you want to cut corners, anything will work. The $450 VRSF, or even $380 ARM (ER clone) would suffice. I’ll echo that a Evo 3 would be the best choice, but you have to decide what’s best for you.
okay yea I actually just confirmed with the shop that I need an 7.5 FMIC and we are going to see if I can get it this week 👍 I'll do evo comp 3 if we can find it in time
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 05:13 PM   #40
boldy1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If you want to cut corners, anything will work. The $450 VRSF, or even $380 ARM (ER clone) would suffice. I'll echo that a Evo 3 would be the best choice, but you have to decide what's best for you.
okay yea I actually just confirmed with the shop that I need an 7.5 FMIC and we are going to see if I can get it this week I'll do evo comp 3 if we can find it in time
I'm running the nostrum pump to
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #41
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to cut corners, anything will work. The $450 VRSF, or even $380 ARM (ER clone) would suffice. I'll echo that a Evo 3 would be the best choice, but you have to decide what's best for you.
okay yea I actually just confirmed with the shop that I need an 7.5 FMIC and we are going to see if I can get it this week I'll do evo comp 3 if we can find it in time
how is that pump in comparison to the dorch stage 2 ? both pumps are the same price amd I plan of staying on 93 pump by the way.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #42
boldy1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

how is that pump in comparison to the dorch stage 2 ? both pumps are the same price amd I plan of staying on 93 pump by the way.
I can't comment on the dorch personally , but i have heard of chirping with them. i had the xdi pump prior to the nostrum i had issues with that and it took my tuner and Ecutek (the tuning software i use) a while to sort the issues.

I was running a tte550 then, when i put the new turbo on i decided to change the pump and nostrum was Ecutek recommended, the pump has been spot on, and i can't recommend Nostrum enough. I guess its down to personal preference.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #43
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can't comment on the dorch personally , but i have heard of chirping with them. i had the xdi pump prior to the nostrum i had issues with that and it took my tuner and Ecutek (the tuning software i use) a while to sort the issues.

I was running a tte550 then, when i put the new turbo on i decided to change the pump and nostrum was Ecutek recommended, the pump has been spot on, and i can't recommend Nostrum enough. I guess its down to personal preference.
interesting, I have only heard people recommend dorch and xdi. good thing I know now not to get the xdi haha. but yea I think imma go with the dorch since that seems to be everyone's go to. I'm gonna pair that with the evo 3 and a custom retune, then should be ready to go !
Appreciate 0