BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Does Bimmerlink really close/open exhaust valves permanently?

08-26-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
hson10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 A90 Supra 3.0, '11 E92 M3C

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Does Bimmerlink really close/open exhaust valves permanently?

Hi all,

Does anybody know if Bimmerlink permanently closes or opens the exhaust valves during operation? I can hear an audible difference at idle and the sound of the valves closing and opening when I use the app to press on "open" or "close" for the valves, but once I start driving, I can hear the squeak of the valves opening and closing even though the app is clearly showing "OPEN" for example.

In MDM, with the valves in "open" setting, I can still hear a squeak of the valves opening and closing when I get off the throttle.

Exhaust setup is Remus catback / factory downpipe.

Ideally, I'd like the valves to remain closed in Sport+ / MDM for an upcoming track day at Laguna that has sound restrictions. I understand that I have to have the phone open to the app, which I do, but my understanding was that as long as the car is running and my phone is connected, it should retain the setting I choose on the app?

Possible solution is just to buy something like the CG Precision Valve controller, but wanted to confirm if something was wrong here. Thanks in advance!