BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Litchfield UK

03-06-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
heli_ben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C on order...

Litchfield UK

So Lichfields have a map for the M2C that does 520bhp with only software.

£720+vat.

Shows what a good base platform the M2C is.
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      03-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_ben View Post

£720+vat.

When I called up and spoke to Iain Litchfield about the map he said £600. I can't remember if that was with or without VAT. Most likely without. Also, circa £1k for the crank hub.

I was talking to Max Marshall at MMR Performance when I was there in Monday. He said he's already heard of three cases of M2 Competition engines melting after being remapped with OFPs, which makes me hesitant to do this any time soon I'd most likely get my new exhaust and then at a later date add downpipes and an OPF delete combined with a map.
      03-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #3
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

Cant se how they could "melt engines" because of a remap. Sure, could be someone not knowing what they do.. But even when remapped there must be some sensors and warning system still working to cut full/ignition when getting way off whats safe?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsturbo View Post
Cant se how they could "melt engines" because of a remap. Sure, could be someone not knowing what they do.. But even when remapped there must be some sensors and warning system still working to cut full/ignition when getting way off whats safe?
I'm not sure if the engines melt exactly. I think Max just meant the engines have been ruined as a result of remaps when keeping the OPFs attached. Next time I speak to Max I'll ask him to elaborate more on this.
      03-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #5
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:

£720+vat.

When I called up and spoke to Iain Litchfield about the map he said £600. I can't remember if that was with or without VAT. Most likely without. Also, circa £1k for the crank hub.

I was talking to Max Marshall at MMR Performance when I was there in Monday. He said he's already heard of three cases of M2 Competition engines melting after being remapped with OFPs, which makes me hesitant to do this any time soon I'd most likely get my new exhaust and then at a later date add downpipes and an OPF delete combined with a map.
Most likely mapped by idiots mate using a generic M4/3 map. Tuners have even stated on their social media they use standard M4/3 maps

My car spent weeks at Litchfield getting tested & custom mapped specifically with OPF's in place. All the data was monitored very closely and the car runs perfectly safe and is faultless.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:45 AM   #6
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:

£720+vat.

Yep, my car is an absolute weapon on the country roads now after my Litchfield setup and tune.

Power delivery is M2C OEM smooth and if you had never driven a M2C you would think she was OEM. No jerkiness or boost spikes etc.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-07-2019, 01:48 AM   #7
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

Most likely mapped by idiots mate using a generic M4/3 map. Tuners have even stated on their social media they use standard M4/3 maps

My car spent weeks at Litchfield getting tested & custom mapped specifically with OPF's in place. All the data was monitored very closely and the car runs perfectly safe and is faultless.
That's a fair point and good to hear your car is still running great. Having been in a 500+ bhp M2C on Monday and putting my foot down on the straight at Bruntingthorpe I can appreciate the power your car has. Truly rapid!

And the good thing is the fact Lichfield have spent so much time with your car gathering data with OPFs fitted which I presume means they can now quickly map other M2Cs based on this data?
      03-07-2019, 01:54 AM   #8
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

That's a fair point and good to hear your car is still running great. Having been in a 500+ bhp M2C on Monday and putting my foot down on the straight at Bruntingthorpe I can appreciate the power your car has. Truly rapid!
The scary thing is, other M2C owners in the UK have told me their car was stg1 mapped in around 1 1/2 hours and they were on their way! No dyno runs or road tests and told to get it dyno'd elsewhere and report back the power. :

Runs like a dream mate, you are more than welcome to have a go. It is a fine balance with the M2C between tyre shedding and usable power. I did over 600 miles last weekend on a country run and she was awesome. Never skipped a beat.

Im sure Max is running catless and opfs removed and eats his rear tyres for breakfast :
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:02 AM   #9
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

The scary thing is, other M2C owners in the UK have told me their car was stg1 mapped in around 1 1/2 hours and they were on their way! No dyno runs or road tests and told to get it dyno'd elsewhere and report back the power. :

Runs like a dream mate, you are more than welcome to have a go. It is a fine balance with the M2C between tyre shedding and usable power. I did over 600 miles last weekend on a country run and she was awesome. Never skipped a beat.

Im sure Max is running catless and opfs removed and eats his rear tyres for breakfast :
Yeah, downpipes with OPF delete. Still, when I put my foot down the delivery was smooth with no break in traction. Still, it wasn't my car and I was being respectful so it's not like I was hammering it.

What sort of mileage were you getting over those 600 miles - 3 tank fill ups?

I'd definitely like to sit your passenger seat and feel the power delivery when it's convenient. Did you say your near Cheltenham or somewhere like that? What about track days - will you be doing any soon?
      03-07-2019, 02:11 AM   #10
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

Yeah, downpipes with OPF delete. Still, when I put my foot down the delivery was smooth with no break in traction. Still, it wasn't my car and I was being respectful so it's not like I was hammering it.

I'd definitely like to sit your passenger seat and feel the power delivery when it's convenient. Did you say your near Cheltenham or somewhere like that? What about track days - will you be doing any soon?
Im near Gatwick airport, Horsham. Are you london based? Cannot remember where you said.

I would say 3 1/2 tanks. : I spent two days blasting round the Lincolnshire country roads. I grew up there and the back roads are great for our cars. Bends for days as they say.

Once the weather gets warm I will fit my Trofeo R's, camber plates and track her.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:15 AM   #11
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

Im near Gatwick airport, Horsham. Are you london based? Cannot remember where you said.

I would say 3 1/2 tanks. : I spent two days blasting round the Lincolnshire country roads. I grew up there and the back roads are great for our cars.
Ah ok, That's not a million miles away. What part of Lincolnshire were you driving around? I'm an hour from Stanford. My cousin used to live in a small village in Lincolnshire called Eagle. They then moved to a hamlet called Brauncewell. Do you know these? Not many people do.

3 1/2 tanks is more than I was thinking. Pretty respectable in fact for what you're now driving 😂

My cousin lives in Purley so I'll have to let you know when I'm next down that way. Likewise let me know when you're going to Lincolnshire next 👍🏻
      03-07-2019, 02:22 AM   #12
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

I would say 3 1/2 tanks. : I spent two days blasting round the Lincolnshire country roads. I grew up there and the back roads are great for our cars.
Ah ok, That's not a million miles away. What part of Lincolnshire were you driving around? I'm an hour from Stanford. My cousin used to live in a small village in Lincolnshire called Eagle. They then moved to a hamlet called Brauncewell. Do you know these? Not many people do.

3 1/2 tanks is more than I was thinking. Pretty respectable in fact for what you're now driving 😂
I know Eagle, I grew up in a little village call Carlton Le Moorland, not far from Eagle at all. I was driving all around that area, Village to Village. Basically the country roads from Newark across to the west side of Lincoln. The farmers are great at keeping the hedges low so you can see through the bends for miles in places.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:25 AM   #13
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

I know Eagle, I grew up in a little village call Carlton Le Moorland, not far from Eagle at all. I was driving all around that area, Village to Village. Basically the country roads from Newark across to the west side of Lincoln. The farmers are great at keeping the hedges low so you can see through the bends for miles in places.
Sounds great. I feel a trip to Lincolnshire is coming very soon 😁
      03-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #14
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

£720+vat.

Sounds great. I feel a trip to Lincolnshire is coming very soon 😁
Up for that.
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #15
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:

£720+vat.

Sorry for hijacking your thread mate.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #16
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Up for that.
I just need to do the run-in service first
      09-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #17
DefinePerf
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp & Caterham R400

Quote:
Sorry for hijacking your thread mate.
Hows the car still running, very keen to get mine remapped and the crank hub fix at Litchfield. Did it change the down change burbles / pops as I dont want to change the exhaust ideally.
Appreciate 0