BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Is anyone underwelmed with their M2C?

09-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #133
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up in one - I think was expecting to be “wowed” compared to the OG and I just didn’t feel that big step up. The car definitely handled well on the twisty back roads I drove it on and I DID like the steering weight better (forgot to mention that last night). The brakes also felt very stout - it’s an awesome car.

I’m guessing the manic ness I am seeking would be easily achievable with a tune or the CS, which is reportedly going to have the M3 ZCP tune on it. I imagine that’s going to be “just right” for me. I have until February to decide, so we shall see.
The M2C has a linear power delivery. If you want it to go then you have to wind it out a bit ...it will go! That being said, flashing a different tune will give you wheel spin torque at lower rpm if that is what you're looking for.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      09-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #134
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
The only thing I am missing a bit is the angrines in the top end (above 5500 or so). You can feel how the power flattens out.... I think thats the intended difference to not step on the M3/M4's toes. But as said before, can be fixed with a tune if willing to take the associated risks.

For the warranty period I'm definitely not going the mess with the DME...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #135
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
The M2C has a linear power delivery. If you want it to go then you have to wind it out a bit ...it will go! That being said, flashing a different tune will give you wheel spin torque at lower rpm if that is what you're looking for.
Sounds like he wants power to flatten out at 6500 instead of 5k
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #136
Atomicflow
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Hockenheim M2C

I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I came from an E90 6MT then a DCT E92, then a stint in a Porsche Macan Turbo and now back to a 6MT BMW with the M2C. At the time that I got the Macan Turbo I was cross shopping lots of things including a new at the time 2016 M4 and was very underwhelmed by the overall experience. I had the M4 for about a half day. Like my E92 that I was driving at the time, it was DCT and I just didn't get the feeling that it was a big step up. Fast forward 4 years and the M2C especially with the 6MT just continues to put a smile on my face. The overall package feels very much like a tangible performance step up over my 2009 E92, and at least from memory, a much better package than a 2016 M4. In terms of value for performance and fun factor in this category - I truly couldn't find a better car. I keep threatening to do a longer review/impression thread. I again almost went with a Porsche decision here and came out with the M2C, and very satisfied with it.
Appreciate 2
M2Cnme33.00
cptobvious2531.50
      09-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #137
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Definitely not disappointed with mine. Question for me is whether to trade it in for the CS or a Carrera S. Wondering how much of a difference CS will be.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50