09-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Fourth to Fifth Shift at WOT

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was at the track for the first time in the M2 (1800 mls on the car) and in Sport mode when shifting from 4th to 5th on the front straight there is a noticeable delay before power kicks in 5th. It almost felt like an artificial flat spot in the power band. In DSC Off mode (long press of DSC button), this delay seems noticeably shorter. There was another M2 owner at the track and he had the same experience in Sport (he did not try DSC Off). I thought it was turbo lag, but it felt too artificial and consistent ... almost seems like programming to prevent the wheels from breaking loose perhaps.

My question for folks that have flashed their cars and “tracked it”: Did the flash get rid of this flat spot in the power band?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Thanks stefan. Besides this one flat spot, I was quite happy with the car’s powerband and overall power level. It’s good to know that an aftermarket tune eliminates this.
Appreciate 0