BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > IND F87 M2 Competition - Style Points

09-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #23
phantom7835
Professional Nostalgist
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 92 Miata

After seeing the car in person with the BBS....I gotta say I like the BBS better. Can't get behind the chrome lip on 3 piece wheels for whatever reason, and the FIRs are super light and scream both style and functionality
2002 325i/5, Tiag - sold
1998 M3/4/5, Cosmo - scrapped
1992 Miata, Brilliant Black, STS - on the island of misfit toys
Appreciate 1
scrammer420.50
      09-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

If I owned an M2C, this is exactly how it would look but in LBB... and if I had infinite mod money.

I'd keep the stock trunk and MP lip spoiler instead though. Otherwise, this thing is perfection to me!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
JTO245246.50
      09-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

now that is a good looking ride!!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #26
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
After seeing the car in person with the BBS....I gotta say I like the BBS better. Can't get behind the chrome lip on 3 piece wheels for whatever reason, and the FIRs are super light and scream both style and functionality
FIRs are great wheels (got a set in storage myself) but all one piece wheels have a one dimensional look in motion and standing still.

Three piece wheels, well designed ones, have a layered, visual flair to them.

Ymmv
      09-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #27
cenz422
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Damn I'm drinking that Haterade on this setup. Looks sick though. might be taking a style que and order the same wheels, wow.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #28
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom7835 View Post
FIRs are great wheels (got a set in storage myself) but all one piece wheels have a one dimensional look in motion and standing still.

Three piece wheels, well designed ones, have a layered, visual flair to them.

Ymmv
Also what's the most rubber you can run on the FIR at 35 profile?

I remember reading due to the offsets there's only so much possible on the M2c.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #29
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #30
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
^ Expect the M2c to come stock with carbon fiber fenders?

Imagine the cost if someone backs up into it? Or a rock hits it.

And how many other cars even come with carbon fiber fenders at any price point, Stock? GT3rs?
I'm talking from a design perspective, not necessarily the fact that it's carbon fiber. With that said, the CS and GTS comes with a CF hood and front lip, the M4 has a CF trunk and both the M3 and M4 have CF roofs. The fact that it's CF really is immaterial considering that it's used in various aspects on other cars.

....and a rock? Really? How many CF hoods or front lips are damaged by rocks (...save for a high speed direct impact with huge ass rock, and at that point you have much more to worry about)?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #31
M2Cnme
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C (On Order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm talking from a design perspective, not necessarily the fact that it's carbon fiber. With that said, the CS and GTS comes with a CF hood and front lip, the M4 has a CF trunk and both the M3 and M4 have CF roofs. The fact that it's CF really is immaterial considering that it's used in various aspects on other cars.

....and a rock? Really? How many CF hoods or front lips are damaged by rocks (...save for a high speed direct impact with huge ass rock, and at that point you have much more to worry about)?
I think he was referring to fenders.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #32
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Cnme View Post
Quote:

He was. I'm just saying that the reasoning sounded kind of silly to me (...e.g. a rock cracking them, or the fact that they are CF considering BMW uses CF for other major exterior components; some that are more susceptible to damage than a fender would be and cost just as much).

In either case, the fenders look great. They should've been the fenders that BMW put on the ///M2 to begin with, albeit in metal form.
Appreciate 1
M2Cnme33.00
      09-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #33
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was. I'm just saying that the reasoning sounded kind of silly to me (...e.g. a rock cracking them, or the fact that they are CF considering BMW uses CF for other major exterior components; some that are more susceptible to damage than a fender would be and cost just as much).

In either case, the fenders look great. They should've been the fenders that BMW put on the ///M2 to begin with, albeit in metal form.
Agreed.

Rocks don't crack carbon fiber.

Chip yes, just like they do with painted surfaces.
      09-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #34
Wiesbmw
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xdrive

Absolutely perfect rims. I would really love these on my 2018 340i !!!!! So gorgeous. Pm if know if any in Toronto.
      09-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #35
Matt@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: V8 tricycle

Perfect. <3
Appreciate 2
MikeM5261.00
      09-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #36
LemonOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///Most Powerful Letter

Love the clean look with OEM parts.
Really digging the MP parts for this M2C.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #37
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Carbon Fiber is strong when it's stretched or bent but it is vulnerable to shock impacts much more than steel or aluminum.

Nevertheless, that was just an example I used. What I meant to say is fenders (like bumpers) have much higher chance of damage than the hood or roof.

Design wise I agree the functional vents in the fender should've come stock. But expecting Carbon Fiber fenders at this price point and much lower volume car than M3/M4 is a little unreasonable.

To be honest, I'm quite happy it didn't come stock.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #38
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Carbon Fiber is strong when it's stretched or bent but it is vulnerable to shock impacts much more than steel or aluminum.

Nevertheless, that was just an example I used. What I meant to say is fenders (like bumpers) have much higher chance of damage than the hood or roof.

Design wise I agree the functional vents in the fender should've come stock. But expecting Carbon Fiber fenders at this price point and much lower volume car than M3/M4 is a little unreasonable.

To be honest, I'm quite happy it didn't come stock.
Coming on CS I can see it.

No way they would actually come on the M2Chubby.
      09-18-2019, 12:20 PM   #39
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
Never been a fan of those style HREs - too busy. Too much crap going on.

Beautiful car though!
Agree. Those wheels with lots of screws look terrible to me. I am a one piece kind of guy. The car however is nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #40
Fitzy4GC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428 Grand Coupe, 2016 X3,

Garage List
2015 BMW 428  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3  [0.00]
GORGEOUS!
Appreciate 0