Rep
Drives: F80

[QUOTE=Sedan_Clan;25248819]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Nice write-up, and congrats!!

Re: the ginormous muffler problem? 5k+ miles in, and I couldn't care less now. The shine/sheen is off after heat cycling, and I've either gotten used to it, more tolerant, or just don't give a rat's ass anymore since the rest of the car is so good

Enjoy!
I'm getting used to being unconscious of the exhaust as well. Regardless, I'll be painting it black till I decide what to do. Waiting for all the mods from my F80 to be sold before moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazChem View Post
+1 on the write up!

May want to consider getting a Carbonio license plate holder for the front to eliminate having to drill your bumper.
Thank you.

Yes looked into Carbonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
write up on point
M2 comp is a sweet ride, nice
Thanks brother. I bought my sister in Texas an F30 from you when it first launched 7 years back. My plan was to fly out to Cali and drive it all the way to her place in Houston after ordering the vehicle but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. However the whole exchange with your dealership was simple and straight forward.

Too bad we can't find dealers like you in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Congrats!!!!

Time for some mods
Yes in time. I did most of the mods promptly after receiving the F80 but now I'm actually being deliberate in holding back. Trying one mod at a time to savor each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuervers View Post
Great write up
On your 997 turbo aspirations
- i used to own one (stage 2 catless, manual) and enjoy my m2c much more.
- limits are so high in tt that its really hard to play around at lower speeds like the m2
- leather not compatible with kids very easy to mark. As much a dakota looks cheap its tough
-wanted to track the tt but the coolant piping need pinning to safely do so
-was also approaching the clutch limits with 480whp

Porsche feel special though front end feel is glorious 991.1 gt3 is definitely my next car when i dont need the practically.
If I go 997 TT, plan to drive it to bbi in Cali and leave it with them to convert to rwd vehicle ala GT2 and upgrade whole host of other things. Plus install Parrot kit for media, new interior trims etc.

2nd it will have to be my other "fun" car as I don't see myself dailying a 997 turbo. Put a lot of thought into it but for now it's a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I continue to feel robbed that no new car I've ever bought had a big red bow on it.
Trust me, first thing when I saw it triggered the OCD in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
I was considering a 991 as well, because I wanted a back seat, but even a used copy that outdates Apple CarPlay was way more expensive than a new M2C...plus the seem to be hard to find in manual and that was a requirement for me as well.

First World Problems...
It is expensive but also keeps value well. The other scenario I wondered about is would I drive it as hard as the M2c. I'm comfortable driving the bimmer with traction off etc but it will take significant time to develop that confidence in the 991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Congrats on the move.
As a father of an 18-month-old daughter, I appreciate your decision

Just wait till you get out of the run-in period and you get the CS(+) tune. Take it to a track day/drift course/... This car is so incredibly well balanced, it's amazing how easy it is to control.

Regarding the exhaust, paint it black, it does wonders for the look. Did mine early spring and holds great.
Thank you! Yes my son seems to love the Diono car seat in the M2c. First ride he actually said "wow" when I took off with him in the car. Again the perception of speed in this smaller car is much greater than it's sibling.

Yup will paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Good review.

Never ever fit lowering springs. They will ruin the handling. Just get some quality coil overs if you are into that. It's hard to beat the wonderful ride handling balance out of the factory though.
For the most part, I agree with you. Factory setup is great and more than enough for the street. I also find the lack of tire grip (265s ) makes it more fun since it doesn't have as much power.

Best option would be coilovers but having faced issues with the Tc Klin i7es and KWs on previous cars, I don't think it's worth the headache for daily use.

Now, if we decide to keep the car longterm, will go with Tractive coils with DSCsport module.

Eibachs on my F80 were pretty good and I don't mind trying it out to see how they compare on the F87 comp without EDC. On the other hand, the swifts on my E92 deteriorated the shocks by 3rd year.[hi/QUOTE]
Just get the OEM Coilovers for the ///M2. I've seen them optioned on some ///M2's, and they look so good with a drop.
I test drove an M2 with the BMW performance coilovers.

It's not meant for the roads around here. Plus issues with the front springs and running wider tires. Not sold on the longevity based on other owners who've had it on a daily for over a year.

MCS is a great option but you need to run camber plates with them unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      09-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #24
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep

Is it possible to get worse mileage on the M2c compared to M3 on CS tune.

I knew I would struggle with the small gas tank but can't tell if its my driving style on the M2c that's causing such large discrepancy between the two S55 engines.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2019, 11:55 AM   #25
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
I continue to feel robbed that no new car I've ever bought had a big red bow on it.
While I see the appeal, thinking of a bow on my hood put on by a dealer, all I can think of are the swirl marks and scratches that would result. To some people not a huge deal, but given my experiences with dealers in the past, I shudder at the thought.
It's not like they glue it on, nor is it abrasive.
Umm... yes it is abrasive? Just like any other shitty cloth or car cover.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

[QUOTE=FreeDarko;25249119]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post
Nice write-up, and congrats!!

Re: the ginormous muffler problem? 5k+ miles in, and I couldn't care less now. The shine/sheen is off after heat cycling, and I've either gotten used to it, more tolerant, or just don't give a rat's ass anymore since the rest of the car is so good

Enjoy!
I'm getting used to being unconscious of the exhaust as well. Regardless, I'll be painting it black till I decide what to do. Waiting for all the mods from my F80 to be sold before moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazChem View Post
+1 on the write up!

May want to consider getting a Carbonio license plate holder for the front to eliminate having to drill your bumper.
Thank you.

Yes looked into Carbonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
write up on point
M2 comp is a sweet ride, nice
Thanks brother. I bought my sister in Texas an F30 from you when it first launched 7 years back. My plan was to fly out to Cali and drive it all the way to her place in Houston after ordering the vehicle but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. However the whole exchange with your dealership was simple and straight forward.

Too bad we can't find dealers like you in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Congrats!!!!

Time for some mods
Yes in time. I did most of the mods promptly after receiving the F80 but now I'm actually being deliberate in holding back. Trying one mod at a time to savor each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuervers View Post
Great write up
On your 997 turbo aspirations
- i used to own one (stage 2 catless, manual) and enjoy my m2c much more.
- limits are so high in tt that its really hard to play around at lower speeds like the m2
- leather not compatible with kids very easy to mark. As much a dakota looks cheap its tough
-wanted to track the tt but the coolant piping need pinning to safely do so
-was also approaching the clutch limits with 480whp

Porsche feel special though front end feel is glorious 991.1 gt3 is definitely my next car when i dont need the practically.
If I go 997 TT, plan to drive it to bbi in Cali and leave it with them to convert to rwd vehicle ala GT2 and upgrade whole host of other things. Plus install Parrot kit for media, new interior trims etc.

2nd it will have to be my other "fun" car as I don't see myself dailying a 997 turbo. Put a lot of thought into it but for now it's a pipe dream.

Quote:
Trust me, first thing when I saw it triggered the OCD in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
I was considering a 991 as well, because I wanted a back seat, but even a used copy that outdates Apple CarPlay was way more expensive than a new M2C...plus the seem to be hard to find in manual and that was a requirement for me as well.

First World Problems...
It is expensive but also keeps value well. The other scenario I wondered about is would I drive it as hard as the M2c. I'm comfortable driving the bimmer with traction off etc but it will take significant time to develop that confidence in the 991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Congrats on the move.
As a father of an 18-month-old daughter, I appreciate your decision

Just wait till you get out of the run-in period and you get the CS(+) tune. Take it to a track day/drift course/... This car is so incredibly well balanced, it's amazing how easy it is to control.

Regarding the exhaust, paint it black, it does wonders for the look. Did mine early spring and holds great.
Thank you! Yes my son seems to love the Diono car seat in the M2c. First ride he actually said "wow" when I took off with him in the car. Again the perception of speed in this smaller car is much greater than it's sibling.

Yup will paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Good review.

Never ever fit lowering springs. They will ruin the handling. Just get some quality coil overs if you are into that. It's hard to beat the wonderful ride handling balance out of the factory though.
For the most part, I agree with you. Factory setup is great and more than enough for the street. I also find the lack of tire grip (265s ) makes it more fun since it doesn't have as much power.

Best option would be coilovers but having faced issues with the Tc Klin i7es and KWs on previous cars, I don't think it's worth the headache for daily use.

Now, if we decide to keep the car longterm, will go with Tractive coils with DSCsport module.

Eibachs on my F80 were pretty good and I don't mind trying it out to see how they compare on the F87 comp without EDC. On the other hand, the swifts on my E92 deteriorated the shocks by 3rd year.[hi/QUOTE]
Just get the OEM Coilovers for the ///M2. I've seen them optioned on some ///M2's, and they look so good with a drop.
I test drove an M2 with the BMW performance coilovers.

It's not meant for the roads around here. Plus issues with the front springs and running wider tires. Not sold on the longevity based on other owners who've had it on a daily for over a year.

MCS is a great option but you need to run camber plates with them unfortunately.
Ah ok! That makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #27
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Congrats on the M2C!

I went from a F80 to a F82, and now have a M2C. 2 kids under the age of 6. My oldest (son) loves daddy's car haha

Enjoy the memories!
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      09-15-2019, 12:23 AM   #28
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I drove the M2C for the third time today, same spec as yours.

I'm hooked on this car, and it will likely be my next car. As you said, it's a little go kart. And while the steering isn't like our E9x's, it's as good an EPS rack I've driven. Haven't driven the 991 Porsche though so can't be too sure, but it's better than the Boxster/Cayman.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      09-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #29
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Quote:
Is it possible to get worse mileage on the M2c compared to M3 on CS tune.

I knew I would struggle with the small gas tank but can't tell if its my driving style on the M2c that's causing such large discrepancy between the two S55 engines.
Not sure how many miles you have, but mileage improved substantially after ~3,000 miles on mine
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 06:07 AM   #30
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Great writeup. Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #31
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

I have 1 of each, 16 M3 and 19 M2C. The power stock for stock seems the same to me. For me the biggest differences are the steering in the M2C is at least 1 level lighter. Sport in the M2C feels like Comfort in the F80. The M2C rides a bit stiffer than the F80 on comfort suspension setting. The brakes on the M2C have a lot more initial bite and require less pedal effort to stop compared to the blue brakes on the M3. Both cars are good. As far as I know no M2C's came with Conti tires, all are MPSS.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      09-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #32
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I have 1 of each, 16 M3 and 19 M2C. The power stock for stock seems the same to me. For me the biggest differences are the steering in the M2C is at least 1 level lighter. Sport in the M2C feels like Comfort in the F80. The M2C rides a bit stiffer than the F80 on comfort suspension setting. The brakes on the M2C have a lot more initial bite and require less pedal effort to stop compared to the blue brakes on the M3. Both cars are good. As far as I know no M2C's came with Conti tires, all are MPSS.
As I mentioned earlier, I picked up the M2c right out of driving the 100D for a week so my memory might be skewed as far as the lack of power. Plus the m3 was tuned.

However, I'm pretty sure the power/torque curve on the 2016 non comp M3 was completely different. Even if the actual HP is similar, M2c curve is a lot more linear, while the M3 would shred tires at very low RPM. Unless BMW changed the tune as mine was a very early 2016 build.
Appreciate 0