BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > My m2's updated dyno results! Bootmod3 Pure stage 2

04-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Jaydoski
Rep
Drives: F87

My m2's updated dyno results! Bootmod3 Pure stage 2

Sup everybody! So I'm back to update everybody on my build.

So since I last posted, I've made quite a few changes to my car. I actually changed intercoolers to Evolution Racewerk's (Their FMIC is GREAT during my 5th gear pulls only 4 degree delta!), got most of the car clear bra'd (Nanofusion) and of course got Pure's stage 2 turbo! I had a LOT of stupid issues with the turbo initially (horrible quality control from Pure) and it actually caused a huge delay in my car and it was down for quite a while. I don't even want to begin to get into everything but I'm sorted out now (thx SSR Performance).

So for those who didn't read my last post, I basically dyno'd my car at European Auto Source a while back when I basically was FBO minus exhaust, bootmod3 and stock turbo. On a conservative tune we were able to put down about 420 whp and 455 wtq. At those power levels, the car was fun! I was happy with where the car was... for a while.

So fast forward to today, after a bunch of headaches and stress from the turbo, here we are.

Now that everything is up and running I hit up Dzenan at ProTuningFreaks to work on tuning the car. Dzenan's been awesome to work with and has done WONDERS for my car. Dialed in (on my stock turbo map) my car made a LOT more power and the power delivery was very smooth, felt very close to OEM except with added power.

So when I got into European Auto Source, we initially got some power readings and at about 17 psi the car made about 450 whp and I forget exactly but it made a really low torque reading of about 420 or so (I made 458 on stock turbo on the same dyno).

View post on imgur.com

car getting ready for dyno

I hit up PTF and the wizard himself Dzenan was able to get me some revisions. He waves his magic wand and next thing you know, BOOM you got more boost! He got me quite a few revisions and we got up to 18-18.5 psi I believe and we ended there. Car is still in the process of getting tuned, so definitely more room to grow and the tune could still be cleaned up in some places for sure. I'll keep everyone updated when I got stuff to report, but be on the lookout, me and ProTuningFreaks about to go big! Depending on what PTF says, I may try going into full e85 if my fueling can handle it.

View post on imgur.com

Still in tuning process. I'll post again when I have a more finalized tune and numbers.

I still have a lot planned for my car as far as mods, still unsure of where to go next with it. Looking to either do wheels, big brake kit or I may do bucket seats and rear seat delete. Possibly even some meth for cooling, cuz who doesn't need meth in their life? Where do you guys think I should go from here?

I'm really more into track stuff but I do intend on doing some drag strip stuff soon and will probably post my times when I get 'em, so be on the lookout!

Before I sign off I just wanted to give a big thanks to SSR Performance getting my build together, Christine at Evolution Racewerks for the intercooler (which is AWESOME, 4 degree delta!), Steve at Fuel-it!, Harold at HP autosports, Steve and European Auto Source for use of their dyno and in general just being great guys and car enthusiasts, and last but not least Dzenan and ProTuningFreaks! Bootmod3!!! My car's awesome and I give all credit to you guys getting my build together so thx everybody!!!
Appreciate 8
      04-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

I'd just run e85 and call it a day
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      04-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Looks stout! How's your fueling so far? I want to pickup an M2 here in the near future and do some similar mods targetting about 600whp on 80+% ethanol so I'm watching things like this pretty closely. Might have to meet up one of these days...take you for a ride in a 1000whp E46 M3 in exchange for you taking me in a ride in this maybe.
Appreciate 1
///MIKE M206.50
      04-22-2017, 02:43 AM   #4
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

OP really amazing numbers! Is this a new M2 record?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
slowbrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2003 M3

All for meth. E85 is good but not always easily accessible.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
great numbers! what are you doing for fueling now?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #7
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Congrats, full mod list please?
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #8
Jaydoski
Rep

Oops, looks like I forgot to mention in my post fueling.

First time at EAS I was on e47 (50/50 blend) using Fuel it!'s Platinum port injection kit. I was on their stage 2 LPFP first time around, this time I'm actually on their stage 3 LPFP. I wasn't seeing issues with fueling as far as volume goes but I wanted the stage 3 ready if and when I do go with full e85. Still working out the tune for e47 right now, so that's not for a while.

Commanderwiggin Yeah, PM me we can meet at one of the local shops around here. Not so sure about your car though. Only 1000 horsepower? Pshh if you said 2000 you mighta impressed me, but ONLY double the horsepower of my car? pshhh :P

MTWO No. I haven't seen too many dyno numbers with an m2 and PS2 but I know Pure dyno'd a car last year at 550ish whp and around 500 wtq. Hard to say what my car can push when I'm done with the tune but I think I'll be able to pass those numbers. I saw some numbers of another n55 PS2 and they were actually only able to make slightly less power than my car but running 24 PSI compared to my 18.5.

I'm already running e85 and may run full e85 so I'm not sure how meth would work out. I'm not sure but I would assume the meth and the e85 wouldn't play well together as far as fueling goes since e85 doesn't really work well with low temperatures. I may look into it for just cooling though but not sure if it's worth it.

slowbrick agreed. Where I am (SoCal) it's pretty plentiful. I mean you can get stuck without e85 stations around here more towards the less populated areas but for the most part around LA and Orange County you can find it no problem.

Norcalmav23 Sup man? How's your car doing? Just enjoying the m2? What happened with your fueling? Weren't you about to go PI or meth or something? I'd love to know what's going on with your ride! Mod list is as follows, hopefully I don't forget anything:

Evolution Racewerks 4" catless DP, ER's charge pipes (both sides), ER Intercooler, Fuel it!'s stage 3 LPFP with their lines, ethanol analyzer, their platinum PI kit with AICS controller (for BEF), Pagid rs29 brake pads, Stoptech stainless steel brake lines using castrol SRF, Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road and Track coilovers and full front Nanofusion clear bra (covers the whole front, rocker panels and I had some small trouble areas covered) and of course the Pure stage 2 and bootmod3. Feels like I forgot something. :P
Appreciate 3
      04-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
Rep
Drives: M3CS & Cayman S

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
great work, man!

since you're in SoCal, i'm trying to put together a meet/greet/drive. still planning it out and gathering interest. hope you can join us! check out the regional forum for details
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
DragonGate
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 15' X5M & 17' M2

Very nice!
      04-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #11
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Awesome numbers and that dyno curve looks great. All said and done <$15K? Look forward to following your progress.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #12
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      04-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #13
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @[Norcalmav23
(contact:300722) Sup man? How's your car doing? Just enjoying the m2? What happened with your fueling? Weren't you about to go PI or meth or something? I'd love to know what's going on with your ride! Mod list is as follows, hopefully I don't forget anything:

Evolution Racewerks 4" catless DP, ER's charge pipes (both sides), ER Intercooler, Fuel it!'s stage 3 LPFP with their lines, ethanol analyzer, their platinum PI kit with AICS controller (for BEF), Pagid rs29 brake pads, Stoptech stainless steel brake lines using castrol SRF, Vorshlag camber plates, Ohlins Road and Track coilovers and full front Nanofusion clear bra (covers the whole front, rocker panels and I had some small trouble areas covered) and of course the Pure stage 2 and bootmod3. Feels like I forgot something. :P
Thank you for the mod list! My car hasn't blown up yet lol! Seriously it's going great, zero issues. I'm still looking into the PI or Meth options but really I was waiting to see a few people jump in first If I go the PI route I'll probably just run 93 oct in it. E85 isn't available at either track up here. Thank you for posting up your results and being the beta this time around
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #14
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydoski View Post

First time at EAS I was on e47 (50/50 blend) using Fuel it!'s Platinum port injection kit. I was on their stage 2 LPFP first time around, this time I'm actually on their stage 3 LPFP. I wasn't seeing issues with fueling as far as volume goes but I wanted the stage 3 ready if and when I do go with full e85. Still working out the tune for e47 right now, so that's not for a while.

Commanderwiggin Yeah, PM me we can meet at one of the local shops around here. Not so sure about your car though. Only 1000 horsepower? Pshh if you said 2000 you mighta impressed me, but ONLY double the horsepower of my car? pshhh :P

MTWO No. I haven't seen too many dyno numbers with an m2 and PS2 but I know Pure dyno'd a car last year at 550ish whp and around 500 wtq. Hard to say what my car can push when I'm done with the tune but I think I'll be able to pass those numbers. I saw some numbers of another n55 PS2 and they were actually only able to make slightly less power than my car but running 24 PSI compared to my 18.5.

I'm already running e85 and may run full e85 so I'm not sure how meth would work out. I'm not sure but I would assume the meth and the e85 wouldn't play well together as far as fueling goes since e85 doesn't really work well with low temperatures. I may look into it for just cooling though but not sure if it's worth it.

slowbrick agreed. Where I am (SoCal) it's pretty plentiful. I mean you can get stuck without e85 stations around here more towards the less populated areas but for the most part around LA and Orange County you can find it no problem.

Norcalmav23 Sup man? How's your car doing? Just enjoying the m2? What happened with your fueling? Weren't you about to go PI or meth or something? I'd love to know what's going on with your ride! Mod list is as follows, hopefully I don't forget anything:

Awesome build man this is great. I would definitely say go with aquamist kit. I asked Dzenno what he would recommend best as I don't think I want to go PS2 because of all of the issues I've seen and read about and he told me aquamist without a doubt. I think with the tune dialed in you would see enormous gains on the aquamist kit with the PS2 and you won't have to always run E85 and can probably turn up the boost a lot from what I've read. If you do a dual nozzle setup you could probably see pretty significant gains.

I'm getting my custom meth map tune soon and I'll be on the dyno. I'm FBO and Aquamist Kit no upgraded turbos so I'm curious to see what kind of numbers we can hit.

I'm also curious to know what you think of the suspension and the balance of the car. I only have upgraded to ohlin coilovers but haven't done anything else and the number one thing for me right now is to keep the car balanced as much as possible with power and suspension. What would you say is the next most important thing you've done for suspension.

Great build and can't wait to see what you end up pushing after you have it all dialed in. And yes Dzenno and the protuningfreaks team is top notch. ??
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #15
Jaydoski
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Dynamic View Post
Awesome build man this is great. I would definitely say go with aquamist kit. I asked Dzenno what he would recommend best as I don't think I want to go PS2 because of all of the issues I've seen and read about and he told me aquamist without a doubt. I think with the tune dialed in you would see enormous gains on the aquamist kit with the PS2 and you won't have to always run E85 and can probably turn up the boost a lot from what I've read. If you do a dual nozzle setup you could probably see pretty significant gains.

I'm getting my custom meth map tune soon and I'll be on the dyno. I'm FBO and Aquamist Kit no upgraded turbos so I'm curious to see what kind of numbers we can hit.

I'm also curious to know what you think of the suspension and the balance of the car. I only have upgraded to ohlin coilovers but haven't done anything else and the number one thing for me right now is to keep the car balanced as much as possible with power and suspension. What would you say is the next most important thing you've done for suspension.

Great build and can't wait to see what you end up pushing after you have it all dialed in. And yes Dzenno and the protuningfreaks team is top notch. ??
Sounds like you prefer to use the car in windy roads as opposed to straight line red light to red light fun. If that's the case then going all out with PS2 and fueling could be overkill but I'd rather have the power and use it when I need it. But if you don't care for that straightline speed so much I think getting the car around 400 whp and torque would be a great number. Before I did the PS2 and was sitting at 420 whp and 450 wtq the car was still very fast and still very controllable (car still handles great you just have to be careful with the throttle especially exiting a turn).

As far as suspension goes, the R&T is great, I'm still on the original settings and it still feels great as far as body roll goes. I'm not sure what you mean what's the next most important thing for suspension. Do you mean what's the next best thing to improve handling? I mean if you're talking purely suspension, only thing you can really do is I guess is recheck alignment and do a corner balance but even those would be very slight unnoticable changes, and even then only in hard driving at the edge of traction. If you're talking about improving handling I mean obviously wheels would do a lot more than the suspension would so I mean I'd look into wheels and if you're still not satisfied then I'd look into dropping weight from the car, especially unsprung weight.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #16
slowbrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2003 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Nice Jaydoski congrats !!! big props BM3 ftw

Norcalmav23 my buddy M2Dynamic just got Aquamist HFS4 installed and should be on Dyno next week for both his daily map + meth map. BM3 ftw
Waiting to see the meth map + BM3 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #17
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like you prefer to use the car in windy roads as opposed to straight line red light to red light fun. If that's the case then going all out with PS2 and fueling could be overkill but I'd rather have the power and use it when I need it. But if you don't care for that straightline speed so much I think getting the car around 400 whp and torque would be a great number. Before I did the PS2 and was sitting at 420 whp and 450 wtq the car was still very fast and still very controllable (car still handles great you just have to be careful with the throttle especially exiting a turn).

As far as suspension goes, the R&T is great, I'm still on the original settings and it still feels great as far as body roll goes. I'm not sure what you mean what's the next most important thing for suspension. Do you mean what's the next best thing to improve handling? I mean if you're talking purely suspension, only thing you can really do is I guess is recheck alignment and do a corner balance but even those would be very slight unnoticable changes, and even then only in hard driving at the edge of traction. If you're talking about improving handling I mean obviously wheels would do a lot more than the suspension would so I mean I'd look into wheels and if you're still not satisfied then I'd look into dropping weight from the car, especially unsprung weight.
Thanks a lot for all the insight man and yeah I'm extremely happy with how the car feels right now power wise and handling wise. The wheels are next I'm just trying to find the best possible while keeping it relatively friendly on the wallet lol (almost impossible) but we'll see.

I have a dyno session on Tuesday at AIM performance so hopefully I'll have some decent numbers to report on meth. Can't wait ???
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:36 AM   #18
Jaydoski
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all the insight man and yeah I'm extremely happy with how the car feels right now power wise and handling wise. The wheels are next I'm just trying to find the best possible while keeping it relatively friendly on the wallet lol (almost impossible) but we'll see.

I have a dyno session on Tuesday at AIM performance so hopefully I'll have some decent numbers to report on meth. Can't wait ???
Nice man, I'm curious too. Put up a post when you get the results! I want wheels pretty bad myself but man my wallet's hurting after everything I put into the car! I'm finally going to get my alignment redone after having the car lowered and doing corner balancing as well while I'm there. I'd love to do wheels after that but the ones I want would probably mean I'd have to sell a kidney.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      05-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #20
Ninjaneer34
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

Are you getting any CEL's? I'm looking into the Catless DP, but I'm reading so many CEL issues, how did you over come this obstacle?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #21
Ninjaneer34
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:

For the Platinum PI kit, did you choose AIC6 with reflash, 750cc injectors, Fuel pressure regulator and return line?
Appreciate 0