BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > NEW RELEASE: Dinan BMW F87 M2C Axle Back Exhaust + X-Pipe Systems

08-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #111
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
I truly recognize that the Dinan exhaust offers best performance/cost ratio for the M2C platform, especially considering that you're getting an entire exhaust system from down-pipes onwards - it is my #1 exhaust upgrade choice as of now. Really silly question coming up though...

...has anyone tried to replace Dinan's X-Pipe with AA's mid-pipe? Not sure if these two pipes serve similar exhaust purposes, but AA's mid-pipe seems to be universally well regarded for its capability to minimize rasp and deeper inducing sounds, so curious to see if anyone has made this combo.

P.S. And yes, I realize that mating AA's midpipe with Dinan's exhaust will require cutting...as well as probably waste of $$ since you'll essentially be throwing away Dinan's X-pipe. Curious George wants to know though...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #112
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
I still believe this is one of the best sounding exhausts for the M2C. Next spring for me.
      08-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #113
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
I truly recognize that the Dinan exhaust offers best performance/cost ratio for the M2C platform, especially considering that you're getting an entire exhaust system from down-pipes onwards - it is my #1 exhaust upgrade choice as of now. Really silly question coming up though...

...has anyone tried to replace Dinan's X-Pipe with AA's mid-pipe? Not sure if these two pipes serve similar exhaust purposes, but AA's mid-pipe seems to be universally well regarded for its capability to minimize rasp and deeper inducing sounds, so curious to see if anyone has made this combo.

P.S. And yes, I realize that mating AA's midpipe with Dinan's exhaust will require cutting...as well as probably waste of $$ since you'll essentially be throwing away Dinan's X-pipe. Curious George wants to know though...
Just wanted to point out that the Dinan exhaust alone does not reach all the way to the downpipes as you seem to suggest in the first paragraph above

It will require cutting and reusing part of the factory exhaust to connect with the downpipes

However, if you are able to combine an AA or some other midpipe with the Dinan exhaust then you would have a complete "system" from the downpipes back
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #114
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020M2Competition View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post

Just wanted to point out that the Dinan exhaust alone does not reach all the way to the downpipes as you seem to suggest in the first paragraph above

It will require cutting and reusing part of the factory exhaust to connect with the downpipes

However, if you are able to combine an AA or some other midpipe with the Dinan exhaust then you would have a complete "system" from the downpipes back
Thank you - I did not realize that. Good to know...

Nevertheless, it seems to me most Dinan buyers purchase this exhaust system as is and don't add/modify the exhaust system in any other way for thei M2C platform. I suppose this suggests that it is that good that no further modifications are required.

It simplifies things if my statement above makes sense. I'll keep the Dinan exhaust #1 on my mod list...
      08-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #115
Micke_B
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
No one sells this in EU right now. I'm in Netherlands and have just ordered from the US.

Shout out to Mike @ X-PH (See Vendor's Classified) for the great price and shipping to NL. We'll see how bad the NL VAT and duties are but even still it's a bargain (compared to Remus that still retains the secondary can and molests you on tip price).

Just hoping it doesn't take 3 months to arrive (shipping out first week of Aug) as the wait will be plank-like (do a two min plank and you'll get it).

Maybe I'll be first OPF car to get this exhaust?
Have you got yours yet? I've orderd one yesterday from X-PH as well Hope they will ship soon. mike@x-ph.com ?
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      08-29-2020, 03:20 AM   #116
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_B View Post
Quote:
No one sells this in EU right now. I'm in Netherlands and have just ordered from the US.

Shout out to Mike @ X-PH (See Vendor's Classified) for the great price and shipping to NL. We'll see how bad the NL VAT and duties are but even still it's a bargain (compared to Remus that still retains the secondary can and molests you on tip price).

Just hoping it doesn't take 3 months to arrive (shipping out first week of Aug) as the wait will be plank-like (do a two min plank and you'll get it).

Maybe I'll be first OPF car to get this exhaust?
Have you got yours yet? I've orderd one yesterday from X-PH as well Hope they will ship soon. mike@x-ph.com ?
Hasn't even shipped yet. From my understanding all orders from late June and beyond haven't shipped.

Original expected ship date was August 7...then moved to Aug 27...now crickets from Dinan other than their website saying expected ship day Sept 18th.

But not sure if that date is for new orders and they are in the process of shipping existing orders now.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 03:23 AM   #117
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I still believe this is one of the best sounding exhausts for the M2C. Next spring for me.
If you want it next spring you better order now
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 07:12 AM   #118
Micke_B
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hasn't even shipped yet. From my understanding all orders from late June and beyond haven't shipped.

Original expected ship date was August 7...then moved to Aug 27...now crickets from Dinan other than their website saying expected ship day Sept 18th.

But not sure if that date is for new orders and they are in the process of shipping existing orders now.
Ahh ok, hope I'll get it during September so I can try it on the car before it goes to winter slumber in the garage.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      08-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #119
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_B View Post
Quote:

Ahh ok, hope I'll get it during September so I can try it on the car before it goes to winter slumber in the garage.
I hear you! I'm sure your Swedish winters make it not worth taking the M2 out much. Here in NL it's not so bad with global warming
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #120
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
If you want it next spring you better order now
No kidding!
      08-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #121
Micke_B
Private
Rep

Quote:
I hear you! I'm sure your Swedish winters make it not worth taking the M2 out much. Here in NL it's not so bad with global warming
Yeah even September is bad here, might be a few good days, October maybe, but I'll take the car out of traffic mid October until late Mars 2021. :/
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      09-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #122
Wei718
Major
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4

Let me tease y’all with another picture lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #123
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Anyone replaced the tips on this yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 11:21 PM   #124
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718 View Post
Let me tease y'all with another picture lol.
You mind taking some video with the new exhaust?
      09-05-2020, 11:31 PM   #125
Wei718
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
You mind taking some video with the new exhaust?
No need! Another member took some awesome videos already. Click on the link.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=60
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 12:40 AM   #126
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei718 View Post
No need! Another member took some awesome videos already. Click on the link.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=60
No offense but in the video the exhaust sounds pretty similar to stock in sports+? Was it merely an volume increase or does the tone get deeper?
      09-06-2020, 03:41 AM   #127
Mikli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05F36F16F82E90E86E46E36E30

Would these fit the M2 CS as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 08:20 AM   #128
Wei718
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
No offense but in the video the exhaust sounds pretty similar to stock in sports+? Was it merely an volume increase or does the tone get deeper?
Non taken!

It’s hard to explain, it all depends! When the car is cold it sounds just like an amplified M4 exhaust but after it’s warmed up there is a deeper tone to the overall exhaust sound. That’s probably the best I can explain with my limited English.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #129
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2C

I just got an update- another delay until 30 September, ships 2 October.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #130
atomsapple
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 X3M40i, 765RS

Garage List
Website shipping date also pushed from 30 September to 30 October...

I'm not a fan of my current exhaust setup and I've been waiting for this but I'm not sure if I can wait any longer. M Perf i guess here I come.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #131
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomsapple View Post
Website shipping date also pushed from 30 September to 30 October...

I'm not a fan of my current exhaust setup and I've been waiting for this but I'm not sure if I can wait any longer. M Perf i guess here I come.
I considered the m performance exhaust as well, but I liked how Dinan hid the muffler completely. The m performance exhaust tips look fantastic.
The wait continues...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 02:35 PM   #132
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSmurfula View Post
I just got an update- another delay until 30 September, ships 2 October.
Did you get updated that it's now late Oct?
Appreciate 0