BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > DCT Transmission Mount Benefits ?

08-24-2022, 07:04 AM   #23
blacksh33p
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Yes DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneguags View Post
you DCT ?
Appreciate 1
shaneguags1192.50
      08-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #24
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksh33p View Post
Yes DCT

Quote:
you DCT ?
alright sweet thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 03:17 PM   #25
blacksh33p
Private
Rep

Quick follow-up:

Rogue mounts on DCT: I may remove these, on the fence. I just flashed the DCT to the CS package from kubax86 so I need more seat time. It was hard for me to tell which benefits more since I did it all at once, but, NVH was just a bit too much at times coming from the tranny and perceptibly different from the NVH introduced by the diff stuff.

Turner Brace/Poly bushings on the diff: Def more NVH from this beyond the transmission whine, hear a lot more from the diff gears and such, but the combo of this with trans mounts resulted in my driveline slop being drastically reduced. Certainly, it is more visceral but any common drivetrain quirks/noises are definitely exaggerated. But at the same time, it feels so much better/tighter/connected all around that I feel it is more than fair trade off.

Put at least 1k miles on since that, and today went with kubax86 CS flash package: Only a quick drive but the car feels transformed now with this all combined. The biggest thing for me is the DCT flash, which, smooths things out to near perfect. No jerkiness when cold/going slow in low gears. The steering is great too, lighter and more road feel in all modes, especially Sport +. I didn't dislike the heavy steering, but it did feel artificial and this feels more natural and communicative, and precise. Like others, the shift points in auto sport+ aren't aggressive enough (shifts too early) but it's closer to being right than the overly violent OG mapping which I never really liked.

Curious if the tranny mounts helped you? If your DCT is on stock software, you may want to look into either kubax86's offering (cheap/easy) or xHP tho I don't know if the CS flash raises the line pressure the way xHP does which, if you believe this, seems a meaningful safeguard along with other improvements when you are going over the original map limits on available power

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/20...essure_on_dct/
Appreciate 1
shaneguags1192.50
      10-17-2022, 06:59 PM   #26
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Quick follow-up:

Rogue mounts on DCT: I may remove these, on the fence. I just flashed the DCT to the CS package from kubax86 so I need more seat time. It was hard for me to tell which benefits more since I did it all at once, but, NVH was just a bit too much at times coming from the tranny and perceptibly different from the NVH introduced by the diff stuff.

Turner Brace/Poly bushings on the diff: Def more NVH from this beyond the transmission whine, hear a lot more from the diff gears and such, but the combo of this with trans mounts resulted in my driveline slop being drastically reduced. Certainly, it is more visceral but any common drivetrain quirks/noises are definitely exaggerated. But at the same time, it feels so much better/tighter/connected all around that I feel it is more than fair trade off.

Put at least 1k miles on since that, and today went with kubax86 CS flash package: Only a quick drive but the car feels transformed now with this all combined. The biggest thing for me is the DCT flash, which, smooths things out to near perfect. No jerkiness when cold/going slow in low gears. The steering is great too, lighter and more road feel in all modes, especially Sport +. I didn't dislike the heavy steering, but it did feel artificial and this feels more natural and communicative, and precise. Like others, the shift points in auto sport+ aren't aggressive enough (shifts too early) but it's closer to being right than the overly violent OG mapping which I never really liked.

Curious if the tranny mounts helped you? If your DCT is on stock software, you may want to look into either kubax86's offering (cheap/easy) or xHP tho I don't know if the CS flash raises the line pressure the way xHP does which, if you believe this, seems a meaningful safeguard along with other improvements when you are going over the original map limits on available power

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/20...essure_on_dct/
for me I experienced no increase in NVH. I can't say I really feel a drastic change either but the car does feel really good between shifts. first gear driving slow is hella jerky though. maybe that trans flash could help me not gonna lie. do you know how much it is and what kinda process it takes ? the thing is, the car feel great in every shift point and handles pretty well. the only complain is literally the 1st - 2nd jerkiness. I don't mind it though so the CS trans flash may be a waste of money. I'm currently on BM3's GTS transmission
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 09:50 AM   #27
blacksh33p
Private
Rep

So here is what I wound up this week...

I gave a few days to the whole CS package. As a whole, I think it's a great spend, but ultimately not for me. It was like $200 for the whole thing and took all of 20 min once scheduled. The thing is the Sport+ auto shift map just really is disappointing. I decided to go with xHP for the trans because of the overall better configurability AND because I am on the latest i-Step, I get the updated benefits to what BMW did directly across the board and I can FDL code the CS Steering/Diff/DSC-MDM myself along with the GTS options for the same.

So now, I have xHP which is great and fixes what I disliked about the shift maps across the board, smoothed out everything and CS Steering/Diff/DSC. Great combo.

That being said, kubax86 was responsive and all you need is an eNet cable, a Windows 10/11 computer, and a battery charger hooked up and he'll send you the links to get eSys downloaded and ready to go. Very simple process.

I read all about the BM3 GTS trans and people's complaints led me to not want to try it. xHP Stage 2 is perfect and does what I wanted it to do. Super smooth, adjustable torque kick (how hard/soft you want the shifts), etc. Pricey, but, overall being able to adjust things was what I really needed.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 06:14 PM   #28
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
So here is what I wound up this week...

I gave a few days to the whole CS package. As a whole, I think it's a great spend, but ultimately not for me. It was like $200 for the whole thing and took all of 20 min once scheduled. The thing is the Sport+ auto shift map just really is disappointing. I decided to go with xHP for the trans because of the overall better configurability AND because I am on the latest i-Step, I get the updated benefits to what BMW did directly across the board and I can FDL code the CS Steering/Diff/DSC-MDM myself along with the GTS options for the same.

So now, I have xHP which is great and fixes what I disliked about the shift maps across the board, smoothed out everything and CS Steering/Diff/DSC. Great combo.

That being said, kubax86 was responsive and all you need is an eNet cable, a Windows 10/11 computer, and a battery charger hooked up and he'll send you the links to get eSys downloaded and ready to go. Very simple process.

I read all about the BM3 GTS trans and people's complaints led me to not want to try it. xHP Stage 2 is perfect and does what I wanted it to do. Super smooth, adjustable torque kick (how hard/soft you want the shifts), etc. Pricey, but, overall being able to adjust things was what I really needed.
I have the GTS and it seems fine to me. $800 for the XPH seems a little high for such a small change
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 04:55 AM   #29
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I have the GTS and it seems fine to me. $800 for the XPH seems a little high for such a small change
So are the changes (GTS or XPH) reversible back to stock?
      03-03-2023, 01:34 PM   #30
shaneguags
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
So are the changes (GTS or XPH) reversible back to stock?
correct
Appreciate 1
dtmurf481.50
      10-17-2023, 11:34 PM   #31
bmwstephen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 95' M3, 17' M2

Can someone explain to me why factory DCT mounts have that shoe lace strap? Seems half assed design
Appreciate 0