BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > An Extremely disappointing experience - Auto Talent

Closed Thread

09-28-2017, 10:44 PM   #23
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Look Guys, I didn't create this thread to cause an extremely heated banter..
I don't believe I'm an extraordinary consumer, I've purchased other products from other vendors and have gone smoothly. I merely just put forward my experience as a customer in hope that the company could fix their communication (or not..)

I have the system on now.. Finally, 2 and a half months down the track. (It does sound good, and is as every good promised to be)
I could attach a plethora of Emails however, I wont because at the end we got there.

I just don't wish this happen to anyone else, as personally the experience was unpleasant, maybe other consumers would be satisfied with this level of service, however I was not; and I do not believe I'm in a extraordinary category, merely just in the vast majority of consumers.

This isn't to defame their company, as I believe they have built up quite a good reputation, merely a review from a consumer (myself) and HOW I FELT in accordance with MY dealings with the company.

and for those saying I didn't purchase from Australia in chase of a cheaper deal, I'll be happy to prove you wrong, they gave me tremendous discounts ontop of providing them with footage/photos for their social media platforms as they had supplied this exhaust for this specific vehicle in Australia before. The prices were above and beyond what I got quoted by Auto Talent, but due to the lack of communication they provided (coming back to me 3 weeks later asking if I 'still wanted the system') I knew I would not get the level of service that I was after albeit the product would be the same.

In other words, if you think hiring a professional is expensive, try hiring an amateur.
although this is a product, there is still a level of service attached to selling a product.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #24
zFrostyy
Private
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

It's not heated for me, I just don't like letting customer service reps slide out of ignoring a customer. They make you feel like you're spazzing out on them when it's really the easiest questions that they just choose to ignore because they can't be bothered, so then you have to bug them to get any information out of them.

If grilling one brand (validly so) will show other brands to have better customer service, i'm fine with this.
Appreciate 3
      09-29-2017, 04:14 AM   #25
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

This is unfortunately the hard truth with retail these days (in some instances). After they have made the sale they don't put in anywhere near the effort for post sales support. Reading this there seems to be blame on both sides- OP was getting a bit too antsy and pestering whilst AT were slow to respond. However I daresay some form of update could have diffused the situation better. Lesson for the OP- get your parts in the country before booking in any works. Lesson for AT- try and be a bit more accommodating for customers who have purchased a significant piece of kit and are wanting updates.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #26
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Dealing with Fi is a nightmare to begin with. Golan and justin are top notch and it looks like there are many factors to deal with here.

Bashing them and trying to write them off when they constantly deliver exceptional service time and again seems a bit off to me.

Hope everything works out, i wouldn't trust my car to any other shop for what it's worth though.
      10-02-2017, 01:32 AM   #27
zFrostyy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennyk. View Post
Dealing with Fi is a nightmare to begin with. Golan and justin are top notch and it looks like there are many factors to deal with here.

Bashing them and trying to write them off when they constantly deliver exceptional service time and again seems a bit off to me.

Hope everything works out, i wouldn't trust my car to any other shop for what it's worth though.
Wat? No one wrote off Justin, he did great.

Golan indirectly admitted to ignoring ("could've gone smoother", etc.) yet you're acting as if he did nothing wrong?

There are many factors to deal with here, but this thread is based on just one: communication. Which Golan was clearly lacking in if you read the OP.

If you work in customer service and straight up ignore a customer that isn't insane/a gigantic asshole in customer service, expect to be bashed for it.
Appreciate 1
iQuiet52.50
      10-02-2017, 01:36 AM   #28
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zFrostyy View Post
Quote:

Wat? No one wrote off Justin, he did great.

Golan indirectly admitted to ignoring ("could've gone smoother", etc.) yet you're acting as if he did nothing wrong?

There are many factors to deal with here, but this thread is based on just one: communication. Which Golan was clearly lacking in if you read the OP.

If you work in customer service and straight up ignore a customer that isn't insane/a gigantic asshole in customer service, expect to be bashed for it.
I think you weren't personally involved, nor do you know all the facts yourself. You made an assumption on how things were handled based off of a post that may or may not be the whole truth.

What's your play here? I know Golan, and he's always been on top of things and handles things in the utmost professional manner.

You seem pretty adamant about bashing someone who supports all the forum members here time and again.
      10-02-2017, 01:58 AM   #29
zFrostyy
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think you weren't personally involved, nor do you know all the facts yourself. You made an assumption on how things were handled based off of a post that may or may not be the whole truth.

What's your play here? I know Golan, and he's always been on top of things and handles things in the utmost professional manner.

You seem pretty adamant about bashing someone who supports all the forum members here time and again.
If the facts were incorrect in the OP why were they supported instead of disputed by Justin/Golan? Are you saying the OP is lying? Please, lay out these facts you seem to have implied you're not sharing, i'd love to hear them, get all the information out there.

What's your play man? Mine is not letting a company/service rep get off on ignoring someone who paid the company $5k. I am adamant about that.

That's great he's your friend, I don't care if they're your best friend, wife, or husband.

That's awesome he supports people around here, I don't think I should be in his debt for that. I didn't say he's a bad person. He just works in customer service and blows off customers. I don't need to be personally involved to see that and don't see how that's a valid criticism when you weren't either.
Appreciate 2
iQuiet52.50
      10-02-2017, 05:14 AM   #30
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Karma for attempted fraud?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 05:34 AM   #31
iQuiet