BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > [Updated w/ Q&A] BMW M2 M Performance Parts announced. World debut comes at Detroit

11-03-2015, 07:23 PM   #111
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
PERFORMANCE FLOORMATS

Hahahaha - that's exactly what I thought.

The majority of this stuff takes a great deal of licence with the "Performance" nomenclature......
      11-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #112
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Wow BMW, did you honestly give the M2 the piece of crap, ugly, plastic, and cheap pedals?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #113
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

so basically m2 standard's suspension is not sporty enough...
      11-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #114
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
There's a difference between sporty and something that might be suitable for everyone that is DDing this car. Please go drive an M3/4 and tell me the base suspension is not sporty enough.

Good grief people
Appreciate 4
      11-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #115
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
This whole M2 release, marketing, M performance is a total joke! How are we supposed to make a decision on anything prior to placing official orders.
Options for M performance seats are a final piece for me and I need to know before this weekend if they are an option to replace the lame so called sport seats as that's when I'm ordering my new car I've waited far to long.
This M2 is such a failure IMO.
Why are you still even looking at this car then? I'm just trying to understand because I literally don't remember you saying 1 good thing about it.

If the seats are going to be a make it or break it deal for you, I really think you are looking at the completely wrong car personally. Besides, if they fit in an M235i, why wouldn't they fit in the M2?

And again with this whole failed launch, I don't get it. Were people complaining about what they were going to order 2 months before the M3/4 showed up on their first autoshow unveiling? I certainly hope not.
Appreciate 3
      11-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #116
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
That's an exhaust valve activation button from a MINI. Took a photo as an example because the M2 M Performance exhaust will also be controlled by a similar looking button.
Akra's controller plugs into and charged by the cigarette lighter socket. Out of sight and always in one place. This BMW device is massive but it does look good
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #117
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Steering wheel should have been standard equipment. And again why aren't there full press shots of this alpine white M2? Too much to ask to see the other colors???

They updated the pics...finally a white M2!

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #118
Rmsport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M-Sport

Why do they have optional suspension on am M car?? Frustrating
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #119
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
This whole M2 release, marketing, M performance is a total joke! How are we supposed to make a decision on anything prior to placing official orders.
Options for M performance seats are a final piece for me and I need to know before this weekend if they are an option to replace the lame so called sport seats as that's when I'm ordering my new car I've waited far to long.
Well, you likely won't be ordering if you need to have seat details by the weekend

"Official orders" in North America are still a bit off. I find it funny that people "have been waiting for so long" and now can't possibly wait until the car is officially released to the world in January. It's not like you can't put your name on a dealers list and then take it off if you decide to. If you can't wait until you have all of the info needed to make a decision, then just buy something else.

It's not like BMW told us everything would be known in October and changed it... people are upset because they don't want to wait any longer for the info. The release of this car is very similar to the release of most other similar cars. The whole "I need it now" mentality in our culture is interesting (and, for the record, I need it now ).
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #120
moizilla
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre
That wheel is nice given the other Alcantara bits with the interior.

My question:
Is the steering wheel available for 6MT cars?
I was wondering the same. From looking at the pics, one displays the wheel for a manual
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #121
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Why are you still even looking at this car then? I'm just trying to understand because I literally don't remember you saying 1 good thing about it.

If the seats are going to be a make it or break it deal for you, I really think you are looking at the completely wrong car personally. Besides, if they fit in an M235i, why wouldn't they fit in the M2?

And again with this whole failed launch, I don't get it. Were people complaining about what they were going to order 2 months before the M3/4 showed up on their first autoshow unveiling? I certainly hope not.
Gee there are some sensitive folks on here. Do I need to list all the fail items they skimped on this car? and alot of them have nothing to do with cost. Now they offer all this M performace bling BS just to pretty up the M2 to make it standout and make it more M over m235i.They have released the car yet are still secretive on things like suspension - Passive or Adaptive? Now regarding seats, Im not the only one complaining about this, Scott and Im sure other BMW reps are awake of the displease from us enthusiasts so they should be looking at M performace seat options instead of wasting time on silly side skirt wings. Cmon wake up

Oh and funny how as soon as it was released you decided on the F80. Seems to me deep down you are on the same page as me but just don't want to admit it as it would be the opposite of all your defence attacks on people who voiced their annoyance with the lacking bits and bobs.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #122
vstM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I like the steering wheel, are the M1/2 buttons functional? :
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #123
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Gee there are some sensitive folks on here. Do I need to list all the fail items they skimped on this car? and alot of them have nothing to do with cost. Now they offer all this M performace bling BS just to pretty up the M2 to make it standout and make it more M over m235i.They have released the car yet are still secretive on things like suspension - Passive or Adaptive? Now regarding seats, Im not the only one complaining about this, Scott and Im sure other BMW reps are awake of the displease from us enthusiasts so they should be looking at M performace seat options instead of wasting time on silly side skirt wings. Cmon wake up
Hey, I hear you... I wish the M2 had better seats too but...

I think the magnitude of your frustration on info is a little premature... BMW isn't being secretive about suspensions, etc... and they haven't released the info yet because they haven't released the car (Scott says that will occur in January) and you can't even order the car yet

Second, the M performance bling isn't to make the car more M over an M235... it is already far more M in areas that matter (brakes, suspension, diff, track width, wheels/tires, etc). These items are to accommodate the mod crazy owners who like to personalize their car and for BMW to make a profit. Not sure why that is seen as a bad thing... it's business. Big deal. The suspension is a coilover and not needed (or wanted by many) for DD duty, the exhaust may be too loud for some, etc.

If BMW didn't offer these items, people would bitch. If they do, people bitch. I think we all need to relax a bit and let BMW actually officially release the car (with pricing, etc) and get info out.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 4
      11-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #124
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Hazey, you have been the loudest Oz critic for a long while now mate, pre and post release of the M2. We are where we are and if you need to place a deposit soon to secure one within your required timeframe, just make it conditional upon final release of Oz specs and pricing. You should know this to be the norm. From all your comments on M2 and particular your failure statement above, I'm surprised you are still considering M2 over the M3, which is also on your radar? Just noting, no malice.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #125
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
If the seats are REALLY that important to you, a quick search on Google would have yielded this:

Better yet, why don't you swing by a dealership and ASK them. If it fits a 2er, it'll fit an M2. Simple as that. If that is truly all that's holding you back from ordering, then do something about it. I just hope you are willing to pony up the money for those things.

What's next? Do you expect BMW Australia to deliver a pre-production model to your front door so you can test drive one for 2 weeks?

Why else would they have skimped out on these parts if it wasn't for cost? I'm not sure I follow

For what it's worth, I'm most likely getting an F80 because:
1) I crunched the numbers and they surprisingly worked for me
2) Weight of the M2 was a bit more than I had hoped
3) I realized that I really want to keep the E36, and the M2 would have overlapped a bit too much. Now is not the time to sell a clean E36 as they are becoming harder to find.
4) At no point did I start going away from the M2 because of the goddamn mirrors and seats. No where did I say the M2 is a perfect car
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #126
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
We bring you live photos from SEMA 2015 of the BMW M2 M Performance Parts. The parts are being displayed apart from the M2 (which is not here) because the car has yet to receive its public debut, which will come at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
Here's a video of the M2 M Performance Parts promo video:

Displayed:
  • CF front and side blades
  • adjustable coilovers
  • CF mirror caps
  • CF diffusor
  • CF rear spoiler
  • exhaust system with CF tips
  • glossy black kidney grills and side bars
  • Motorsport stripes
  • sport brake pads
  • alcantara steering wheel (+ optional CF cover)
  • CF interior kit
  • metal pedal cover kit
Fringe benefit: 360° AW M2 computer model (instead of the LBB overkill).

Another interview about M2 M Performance Parts.

Quote:
Further details of BMW M Performance Parts for the new BMW M2 Coupe will be available in the course of spring 2016.
Quote:
The BMW M Performance Parts manager will be on hand at SEMA.
Anyone have any questions? Post them up if you do.
"Spring 2016". Will the parts be available prior to the worldwide delivery launch of April 16, 2016.

As a matter of fact, it would be nice if my dealer could fit some M Perf goodies prior to taking delivery of my M2 next Spring.

Last edited by Artemis; 11-05-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #127
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
People that want to lower their car get aftermarket coils or coilovers correct?

This is BMW's version if you want your car lowered.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #128
mrduder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

why does the M2 get different color caliper options?!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #129
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
C'mon man, you were just kidding, right ?

Name:  GrumpyCat.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  43.8 KB
      11-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #130
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

whoever designed and approved that horrendous new "M-Performance" logo must be fired immediately. please.
      11-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #131
Artemis
Rep

Also:

Name:  BrakePads.jpg
Views: 4246
Size:  42.1 KB
      11-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #132
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsport
Why do they have optional suspension on am M car?? Frustrating
Yeah they're offering it for the M3 adaptive suspension too...so confusing!

As one of the first on the board with an M performance suspension on a BMW, I'd say it's worth considering for the M2 or M3/4...these guys know how to tune a car for the track.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0