BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Carbon Front Lip

01-10-2024, 08:25 PM   #133
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I would think fit and finish with mounts at the factory location. I think you are rightfully concerned. Depending on mileage I'd expect to see a little abrasion or I would expect to see sliplo or other preservation in place. High miles with no scarring would be a red flag to me. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I think it's unlikely.
      01-10-2024, 09:51 PM   #134
Beenz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I would think fit and finish with mounts at the factory location. I think you are rightfully concerned. Depending on mileage I'd expect to see a little abrasion or I would expect to see sliplo or other preservation in place. High miles with no scarring would be a red flag to me. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I think it's unlikely.
yeah I would agree with this. If there are no scratches at all underneath, it would have to be a replacement- at the least, you should be asking about it.

Also the OEM part is actually pretty robust, it doesn’t bounce or flex. So you should be able to tell just by look and feel if it seems a bit ‘flimsy’.

GL with the search tho 👍
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 05:55 PM   #135
thrilla
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Not necessarily a red flag. I bought a spare OEM lip for when I’ll need to replace the current one. The original owner may have the same thought.

Buying from a non BMW used car sales man, I’d be more suspicious.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 04:24 PM   #136
swcc50
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilla View Post
Not necessarily a red flag. I bought a spare OEM lip for when I’ll need to replace the current one. The original owner may have the same thought.

Buying from a non BMW used car sales man, I’d be more suspicious.
I bought mine from a used car salesman at Porsche :P