BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Track setup - yeah, I know, another thread

11-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #111
K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Not had any shuddering at all in the brakes - did have a slightly out of balance right front that I could feel on the straight but other than that, all good.

Pulled the Toyos off and put the street sneakers & pads back in place.

Front end may have just a touch too much camber - inner shoulder is getting warn a bit more than across the tread.

This set of tires has 5 sessions running on the right side of the car and 10 on the left. Bet you can guess which one was on the left side on a clockwise track. Shoulder's a tad on the thin side.

Both back tires look good - wear is quite even. Might be a very slight too much camber or more than likely toe, which would explain some of the after apex twitchiness.

Regardless, all good info for tuning. I'll be taking it in to put it up on a lift and play with settings here soon.

Anyone else have GC camber plates? Do yours knock and rattle over bumps and such?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #112
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

My GC Camber plates are completely silent other than the additional road noise they transmit into the chassis. Both on stock springs/shocks for the first 18 months, and with Ohlins for the last 10 months. Combined, a total of 26k miles and around 50 track days. Same thrust bearing the whole time, but I did replace the shaft bearing when I installed the Ohlins.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #113
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post
Not had any shuddering at all in the brakes - did have a slightly out of balance right front that I could feel on the straight but other than that, all good.

Front end may have just a touch too much camber - inner shoulder is getting warn a bit more than across the tread.

[img]https://www.yellowdogracing.com/Audi/IMG_2264.jpeg[/img]

This set of tires has 5 sessions running on the right side of the car and 10 on the left. Bet you can guess which one was on the left side on a clockwise track. Shoulder's a tad on the thin side.

[img]https://www.yellowdogracing.com/Audi/IMG_2266.jpeg[/img]

Both back tires look good - wear is quite even. Might be a very slight too much camber or more than likely toe, which would explain some of the after apex twitchiness.

[img]https://www.yellowdogracing.com/Audi/IMG_2267.jpeg[/img]

Regardless, all good info for tuning. I'll be taking it in to put it up on a lift and play with settings here soon.

Anyone else have GC camber plates? Do yours knock and rattle over bumps and such?
Which GC camber plates do you have? How many miles in them and have you had any offs at the track and or do you daily drive?

It's likely the mono and needle bearing are covered in dirt/grime and their articulation is restricted thus the clunks. Best solution is to take them off, disassemble, clean, grease, reinstall. Don't just try to tighten the plates...
      11-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #114
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Fab View Post

My GC plates are noisy at low speed turning. OEM suspension and installed by professionals..
      11-15-2020, 11:54 AM   #115
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

K-Fab, could toe be off a bit to cause that inside wear?
Appreciate 0