BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

10-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #177
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I have an F80. so I understand how it's supposed to work.

My question was aimed at trying to determine if the US owners are experiencing a less aggressive shift from the DCT in the M2C vs. the OG M2 or other F8X cars.

A few folks with M2Cs have commented that the shifts appear to be less aggressive than the OG M2's DCT operated....

Oops! Sorry. Trying to be helpful, and yet I was actually completely clueless!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #178
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Oops! Sorry. Trying to be helpful, and yet I was actually completely clueless!
No worries.
      10-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #179
Indypro
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 2019

I can't compare the two, but my m2c can shift pretty aggressive if I set it up that way. If the og m2 is even more aggressive that would be interesting.

I do buy from Dryer, have a great salesman who takes care of me...and its close by so I can stop in any time to see all the cool cars they hide in the back!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #180
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Back at my car after a week of travelling across Europe... I gave it to krizze and my car is now touching 4K KM, and the run-in service has been done. Anyone here with a higher mileage? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts after you have read all below.

Handing it over to Akrapovic tomorrow after doing a mountain pass run nearby the factory. Local M2 owner suggested it to us. Thanks for that! One thing Krizze and I can already say (ahead of his personal review released tomorrow) is that the car has somehow changed over the past days and after all those KMs.

The responsiveness has changed for the better and the car feels a bit more on its toes. It is still not 100% what I know from the M4, but it is definitely getting somewhere and it resembles what I have been familiar with before. It feels a touch better than in both the one I drove in Spain on track and road (which was a manual), and my own under 1K km.

No idea what is different, but it feels a touch better. Maybe it is Krizze's magic driving in skills , have they unlocked something (where is the magic recipe) or has there been some kind of change in the software. God knows...

You could call me crazy, but for now I can say that I personally have never felt such a big change after a running in service. Maybe it is because I wasn't the driver during the full 4K km. We will never know... For now I am just happy it feels better than when I gave it away last week, and that is a nice thing to say .

I will see how the car feels after it comes back from Akrapovic at the end of next month and then we will see what the software and hardware upgrades will be. Exhaust, GTS gearbox software and a tune bringing back the ignition cut might be the obvious choices, but let's wait and see what package I end up with over the coming weeks/months.

All in all, a better news story after an initial response that felt a bit "bleh" and "damn that is not what I had hoped for". It is still a bit non-engaging on some aspects (gearbox and exhaust), but nothing we cannot fix in the future. I am happy it has changed for the better, although we are talking about details here, but isn't that what our M passion is all about.

I would love to hear more people who are at a decent mileage and what their responses are. Did you feel a difference over all that mileage? I gave mine away at 1K and I got it back at 3,3K, and I felt a difference when I drove it again today.

Oh, and one question what is the preferred set up for you guys to cruise? So far I have chosen Sport mode on the engine, steering on Sport as well and the gearbox on D2. Gives you the best response. Efficient is too lazy.

Good night everyone, let's see what I can share with you guys tomorrow after I have dropped it off.

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 10-03-2018 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
urke8511.50
Robin_NL8716.00
      10-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #181
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

I drive sport+ everywhere hahaha

Although if I'm driving a long distance I put it in comfort for the engine just to decrease the noise a bit.
      10-03-2018, 11:16 PM   #182
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: M2C SO MT

I drive engine sport and steering sport, dsc on in traffic. Anywhere else engine to sport+, steering sport+, mdm.

Gearbox is easy to setup - I put magical laser sight on my right hand to influence response 😁
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #183
mrspin
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Mr Spin,

I drove GWM2's OG M2 with M2C ePAS coded in, OEM MPSC2 and AST coilovers - in isolation the front end was great but compared to my OG M2 [MPerf coilovers/OEM MPSS/OEM -30min camber correction hubs and zero ePAS coding] it came 2nd place to mine. I think GWM2 will attest to as he drove mine whilst I drove his.

Albeit only 15-20mins drive, it showed that adding front camber [from -1.5 to -2 deg] had a marked positive effect on the helm !!!

I cant comment on M2C steering etc compared to my car, as not driven one yet but no doubt will meet up with GWM2 at some point very soon and maybe a get a chance to drive his new toy !!!

BP
Interesting comments about the camber hubs. Did you have to get another geo done after fitting?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #184
urke85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M Competition

I am getting break in service today, will see the difference😃
I hear from several m2c owners that they have noise from a pillar including me, did you maybe hear some bangs after so many mileage done.
Tnx
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:35 AM   #185
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by urke85 View Post
I am getting break in service today, will see the difference
I hear from several m2c owners that they have noise from a pillar including me, did you maybe hear some bangs after so many mileage done.
Tnx
Nope none... I have some glue dirt on some interior parts which are hard to get cleaned, but that is about it.

MR
Appreciate 1
urke8511.50
      10-04-2018, 02:25 AM   #186
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspin View Post
Interesting comments about the camber hubs. Did you have to get another geo done after fitting?
Yes

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 02:29 AM   #187
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Back at my car after a week of travelling across Europe... I gave it to krizze and my car is now touching 4K KM, and the run-in service has been done. Anyone here with a higher mileage? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts after you have read all below.

Handing it over to Akrapovic tomorrow after doing a mountain pass run nearby the factory. Local M2 owner suggested it to us. Thanks for that! One thing Krizze and I can already say (ahead of his personal review released tomorrow) is that the car has somehow changed over the past days and after all those KMs.

The responsiveness has changed for the better and the car feels a bit more on its toes. It is still not 100% what I know from the M4, but it is definitely getting somewhere and it resembles what I have been familiar with before. It feels a touch better than in both the one I drove in Spain on track and road (which was a manual), and my own under 1K km.

No idea what is different, but it feels a touch better. Maybe it is Krizze's magic driving in skills , have they unlocked something (where is the magic recipe) or has there been some kind of change in the software. God knows...

You could call me crazy, but for now I can say that I personally have never felt such a big change after a running in service. Maybe it is because I wasn't the driver during the full 4K km. We will never know... For now I am just happy it feels better than when I gave it away last week, and that is a nice thing to say .

I will see how the car feels after it comes back from Akrapovic at the end of next month and then we will see what the software and hardware upgrades will be. Exhaust, GTS gearbox software and a tune bringing back the ignition cut might be the obvious choices, but let's wait and see what package I end up with over the coming weeks/months.

All in all, a better news story after an initial response that felt a bit "bleh" and "damn that is not what I had hoped for". It is still a bit non-engaging on some aspects (gearbox and exhaust), but nothing we cannot fix in the future. I am happy it has changed for the better, although we are talking about details here, but isn't that what our M passion is all about.

I would love to hear more people who are at a decent mileage and what their responses are. Did you feel a difference over all that mileage? I gave mine away at 1K and I got it back at 3,3K, and I felt a difference when I drove it again today.

Oh, and one question what is the preferred set up for you guys to cruise? So far I have chosen Sport mode on the engine, steering on Sport as well and the gearbox on D2. Gives you the best response. Efficient is too lazy.

Good night everyone, let's see what I can share with you guys tomorrow after I have dropped it off.

MR
MR

In my experience of n55 engines [M135i and M2] they loosen up once you get north of 10k-12k miles / 15-20k km under the wheels. I believe s55 is likely the same.

So maybe what you sensing is the loosening of yr M2C's s55 and also, if your mate has been driving like rental, then DME will have learnt upwards to suit yr mates driving style...

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 02:37 AM   #188
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
MR

In my experience of n55 engines [M135i and M2] they loosen up once you get north of 10k-12k miles / 15-20k km under the wheels. I believe s55 is likely the same.

So maybe what you sensing is the loosening of yr M2C's s55 and also, if your mate has been driving like rental, then DME will have learnt upwards to suit yr mates driving style...

BP
He treads everything like a rental, nothing new there... #justkidding

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #189
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Be mental, drive it like a rental lol.

Glad your car is getting better Marc.

And Krizze thanks for getting the job done

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #190
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Car is at Akrapovic! Updates to follow soon and across the coming weeks.

FYI, the stock exhaust with OPF weighs 36 kg!!!! Akrapovic M2 exhaust weighs 16kg.

Phil_M2 was right that a titanium exhaust could safe up to 20 kg. That is a lot...

MR
Appreciate 2
Alec0285.00
Meanie546.50
      10-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #191
Meanie
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:

FYI, the stock exhaust with OPF weighs 36 kg!!!! Akrapovic M2 exhaust weighs 16kg.

Phil_M2 was right that a titanium exhaust could safe up to 20 kg. That is a lot...

MR
Is it ready yet... and now? what about now?
- 2008 E92 ///M3 - AW, CF Leather Trim, 6MT - Mods: Black Grills, Black Gills, CF mirrors - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #192
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanie View Post
Is it ready yet... and now? what about now?
LOL no... Process started today.

It will take months, but I will keep you posted.

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #193
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

MR
20kg for catback yes but no way that much weight saving for rear box only

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #194
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

MR
20kg for catback yes but no way that much weight saving for rear box only
Nope this is full exhaust... not slip-on

MR
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:31 PM   #195
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Where is the Krizzle review?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #196
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Where is the Krizzle review?
I'm out with friends, I'll start a new thread as soon as I'm home
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #197
heli_ben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C on order...

Very few people are able to tell 1-2% change in unsprung mass... thus the weight reduction of 20kgs on the exhaust is irrelevant.

Very few people can tell 5% bhp difference, so 20bhp here or there is irrelevant.

Very few people commenting have actually driven an M2C for any length of time.

So... basically, does it make you smile? If so, jackpot, if not... buy something that does!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #198
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
In between travelling again and driving two Alpina's (D3S Touring and B5S) today on local Czech roads, I can share with you these exhaust photos. You can clearly notice the sensors which are placed at the end of the two down pipes only available on European cars with OPFs. Also the OPFs are clear visible.

After discussing it with a number of people and having a closer look at the rear muffler I noticed there is a lot of space between the top of the muffler and the body work above the muffler. You have at least 10 cm of space between both.

It made me think if this muffler was taken from another car. Not sure which one, but the fit is so wrong and it hangs out so low that you almost think that it might be a part from another BMW which they reused for the M2C without remodeling it.

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
Moris3.00