BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS dealer bulletin!! (Details confirmed by ynguldyn)

05-21-2019, 08:15 AM   #155
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

So basically there are no parts that can't be easily retrofitted afterwards piece meal if you wanted? If it's anywhere near 80k you'd have to be a sucker to buy it when a M2C can be had in the high 50's, low 60's.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #156
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
The biggest alarm bell for me is adaptive suspension? Think about it guys - adaptive suspension is there to switch between comfort and sport (in essence)... only M2 to get is is the club sport version? Aka, the lightweight track version? A feature that adds weight and only available in the lightest M2 yet... really?
The M2 CS is going adaptive suspension, it was previously confirmed..

Believe it or not, the Adaptive M Suspension is actually lighter than the regular static dampers because it's made out of forged aluminum and the static dampers are made of steel.
Consider me corrected and stunned. If that's the case, why in earth would it be present in the m240i and not the M2/M2C? Makes no sense. It doesn't add weight, obviously provides just as good track performance (if it's being included in the CS), it's not expensive (available in cheaper models). BMW continues to confuse and frustrate me.
A lot of reputable journalists said they were glad M kept Adaptive Suspension out of the M2C.

I personally also don't care for it.
I've only heard positive things about the adaptive suspension in the CS (see below).

Enough good feedback to make collage.

You mine sharing these negative reviews from these "reputable journalist" please.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/sha...-new-bmw-m4-cs

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...018-bmw-m4-cs/

Name:  01558445540.jpeg
Views: 897
Size:  147.9 KB
Name:  01558445542.jpeg
Views: 888
Size:  119.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #157
david9999999
Private
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Even my SA said he hopes BMW learned from their M3CS pricing fiasco. He also said he thought my hope for low to mid 70s is optimistic. I'm still betting it's a little less than 75k with 6mt.
Exactly- if this car is priced near or over 80k, it will be just be a repeat of the M3CS, with plenty of cars still languishing on lots (people are getting huge amounts off of those cars now).
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #158
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
I concur.

<snip> I suspect BMW knows this car will be more sought after. In fact I see them selling over msrp if the 9 month production and 2,200 units is correct.

<snip>
If truly limited production, I think they'll be spoken for rather quickly.

I have noticed some potential owners (1M types) sitting on the sidelines waiting for the M2 they have imagined, bypassing the M2 and M2C. If the M2CS meets their wishlist, I hope it they find an allocation at a price they feel is reasonable.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #159
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
I concur.

<snip> I suspect BMW knows this car will be more sought after. In fact I see them selling over msrp if the 9 month production and 2,200 units is correct.

<snip>
If truly limited production, I think they'll be spoken for rather quickly.

I have noticed some potential owners (1M types) sitting on the sidelines waiting for the M2 they have imagined, bypassing the M2 and M2C. If the M2CS meets their wishlist, I hope it they find an allocation at a price they feel is reasonable.
Yep, beside the enthusiast who probably already own an M2 or M2C, there few opportunist out there who felt they missed out on 1M's hoopla who will try to snatch up a lot of units before they all sold, in hopes of flipping it for a profit.

Folks are trying to put this CS in same category as the M4 CS but the M2 demographic's loyalty to model runs much deeper, almost a cult-like following. All of those 2,200 units would be spoken for before they hit the shores.

I bet after the CS is sold out and BMW get everyone feigning for more, they'll probably finally then open up the catalog for ordering the MP carbon fiber parts to add to the M2C, at the port, including the controversial carbon fiber roof.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #160
fridex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Interesting...adaptive suspension confirmed.
this is the only real addition. everything else is cosmetic
10K bump in price?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #161
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

The M3/4 adaptive suspension is not the same damper/sensor/algorithm technology as the "M adaptive suspension" used on the base 2, 3 and 4 series cars.

If the M2CS gets the same tech as the F82, This will probably replace my F80. If it gets the M240i system, it will not be as capable and I'll trade up for a Porsche as originally planned.
      05-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #162
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
The M3/4 adaptive suspension is not the same damper/sensor/algorithm technology as the "M adaptive suspension" used on the base 2, 3 and 4 series cars.

If the M2CS gets the same tech as the F82, This will probably replace my F80. If it gets the M240i system, it will not be as capable and I'll trade up for a Porsche as originally planned.
That's interesting. What is the difference in the adaptive suspension system between the M235i and the M4? I had the M235i. While it was able to noticeably smooth out the low speed moguls, it was not able to always get it right. When I changed to larger wheels and tires it also changed the adaptive suspension ride characteristics. Unfortunately there was no way to fine tune the system. You just have to take what it gives you.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #163
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:

That's interesting. What is the difference in the adaptive suspension system between the M235i and the M4? I had the M235i. While it was able to noticeably smooth out the low speed moguls, it was not able to always get it right. When I changed to larger wheels and tires it also changed the adaptive suspension ride characteristics. Unfortunately there was no way to fine tune the system. You just have to take what it gives you.
Different suppliers, different hydraulic valve in the damper.

The M version is more expensive and capable of better hydraulic performance. Also, the F8X has additional sensors on the dampers themselves that gives the ECU more accurate data as far as what the wheels and body are doing. Without these sensors, the control system cannot react to all the inputs properly and has to estimate certain behaviors.

They may use the same basic algorithm (or maybe not, there's no way to know), but at the very least, it would be updated to incorporate the data from the additional sensors.
      05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #164
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The M version is more expensive and capable of better hydraulic performance. Also, the F8X has additional sensors on the dampers themselves that gives the ECU more accurate data as far as what the wheels and body are doing. Without these sensors, the control system cannot react to all the inputs properly and has to estimate certain behaviors.

They may use the same basic algorithm (or maybe not, there's no way to know), but at the very least, it would be updated to incorporate the data from the additional sensors.
There's two accelerometers on each front wheel on the non-Ms like the 240i but four on the M4, for each wheel.

Is that the sensors you're referring to ?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #165
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Well if the M4 adaptive is more capable then I may have to revisit the idea of adaptive suspension on BMW. I've heard amazing things about GM magnetic ride that they've sold to other manufacturers including Audi, Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #166
RocketTR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Well if the M4 adaptive is more capable then I may have to revisit the idea of adaptive suspension on BMW. I've heard amazing things about GM magnetic ride that they've sold to other manufacturers including Audi, Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Even the Ford Mustang has it now and I must say it's amazing. I never would have thought that a car that handles so well can have such a great ride.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #167
RocketTR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
So basically there are no parts that can't be easily retrofitted afterwards piece meal if you wanted? If it's anywhere near 80k you'd have to be a sucker to buy it when a M2C can be had in the high 50's, low 60's.
I wouldn't say the carbon fiber roof would be easily retrofitted. And for that matter, even the adaptive suspension isn't exactly an easy upgrade.

Plus the fact that you can't retrofit that M2CS badge either. Well, maybe you can, but nobody should.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #168
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTR View Post
I wouldn't say the carbon fiber roof would be easily retrofitted. And for that matter, even the adaptive suspension isn't exactly an easy upgrade.

Plus the fact that you can't retrofit that M2CS badge either. Well, maybe you can, but nobody should.
Yeah, I doubt that they'd ever do a CF roof install at the VDC. It's just too much work. The BMW adaptive suspension would be crazy expensive and a coding nightmare. What's feasible is M2C with 3 way adjustable coilovers, CF hood, CS+ tune and then add M Performance CF parts at will. That would get you close to a CS if the build rumors are correct.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #169
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I am, but just stating my own personal opinion. My E39 M5 and Z4M coupe obviously have passive suspensions. The cars have much different suspensions given their respective purposes but both are spot-on. I can barely (well, to be honest, not at all) tell the difference between the different suspension settings on my F80 M3, and none of them match the purposeful settings of my other M cars.

IMO, bring on a well-calibrated passive M-suspension. Looking forward to my M2C.
I honestly cannot tell when I change the suspension modes in my F80 - perhaps I am simply expecting too big of a change between modes...but there are appreciable differences for the various steering and throttle options, so....

The adaptive suspension addition to the CS doesn't mean much to me - I am much more interested in the price point and general availability. 2200 units is going to make this hard to come by....
      05-21-2019, 12:46 PM   #170
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Yeah, I doubt that they'd ever do a CF roof install at the VDC. It's just too much work. The BMW adaptive suspension would be crazy expensive and a coding nightmare. What's feasible is M2C with 3 way adjustable coilovers, CF hood, CS+ tune and then add M Performance CF parts at will. That would get you close to a CS if the build rumors are correct.
When I ordered my M2C the only VPC items are items they can glue on, e.g. CF parts and wheels.

No suspension, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #171
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I honestly cannot tell when I change the suspension modes in my F80 - perhaps I am simply expecting too big of a change between modes...but there are appreciable differences for the various steering and throttle options, so....

The adaptive suspension addition to the CS doesn't mean much to me - I am much more interested in the price point and general availability. 2200 units is going to make this hard to come by....
I would be included to not believe the production numbers given BMW's track record. However the M2CS production time is said to be so short that I tend to believe it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #172
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
So there we have it, the car we knew that was coming and a package that most of us already almost have on their cars...

Alcantara steering wheel - Check
Exhaust - Check
Brakes - Check (Not ceramic, don't need them)
Wheels - Ordered
Suspension - Ordered
Badge - I can buy
Carbon mirror caps - Check
Carbon diffuser - Check
Carbon splitter - Not considering it
Carbon bonnet - Hopefully soon
Carbon roof - Hopefully soon
Carbon trunk - Hopefully soon
Carbon center console - Not fuzzed
Red and Alcantara interior trim - Not fuzzed

This car will have only two things I want from it! The software for the MDM and the software for the steering... Other than that I am not fussed. My set up will be lighter, better set up and faster than the CS. Maybe I should order a CSL badge for mine.

This thing must be costing 20K more than a decently packed M2C. Not sure it is worth that money in the market second hand with 911's, GT4's and M4 CS's being dumped on the market at prices lower than this M2 CS. Oh and don't forget that horrible Misano Blue. It should have had the new blue from the 8-Series or something else, not this... Also another blue for a CS? Is that a trend? Where are the reds and yellows?

2200 is a nice number, but too many really to be picked quickly. Knowing how hard it is to get dealers to sell M4 CS's I wonder how they will manage to sell these at a price tag close to 90-95K EUR or 75K GBP.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 05-21-2019 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 3
hellrotm4142.50
SeanWRT3179.00
      05-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #173
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
The biggest alarm bell for me is adaptive suspension? Think about it guys - adaptive suspension is there to switch between comfort and sport (in essence)... only M2 to get is is the club sport version? Aka, the lightweight track version? A feature that adds weight and only available in the lightest M2 yet... really?
I doubt it goes to comfort levels either. Probably more of a speed bump/save your car if you can type of raising vs what a 240i would do.

In fact I bet it doesn't even go softer than the M2 base
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #174
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
I am, but just stating my own personal opinion. My E39 M5 and Z4M coupe obviously have passive suspensions. The cars have much different suspensions given their respective purposes but both are spot-on. I can barely (well, to be honest, not at all) tell the difference between the different suspension settings on my F80 M3, and none of them match the purposeful settings of my other M cars.

IMO, bring on a well-calibrated passive M-suspension. Looking forward to my M2C.

Possibly broken? My e60 changes are just massive. The S6 as well is very very obvious. SQ5 i couldn't tell a difference ended up being a problem with the damoer
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #175
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Not really that impressed, it's a M2 competition with M performance parts, where is the aero? And the wing at the back? Jeez.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 02:25 PM   #176
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

I think some of you all fail to see this for what it is. It's not really an art project asking for an audience to critique it.

There's the M2. People like it a lot but many said they wanted an M engine. BMW added the M engine lowered suspension and called it the M2 C.

Many said they wanted a light weight version of the M2 C.

Now you have a 2200 run of a light weight M2 C. M2 CS. It's expensive because it's expensive to make not because it's competitive within its market segment.

BMW is making it and it's not much of a profit generator if at all. It's for die hard track guys and M2 collectors. There's 2200.

You leave this thread and go over to the M3 pure cancelation thread and it's everyone bitching about weight. Well BMW expects only 2200 in the world are actually serious about wanting to pay for the lowered weight version.

It's just how manufacturing works. The e89 Z4 M roadster died before production because putting the V8 in thé roadster was too expensive and the performance was not competitive. At $100k thé Z4 M had to compete with Z06 and 911s and it wasn't there. That's ok for Z4 fans but BMW didn't think they'd ever get the money back that it would cost to produce the thing. Probably right.

Ironically just go buy a 240i race guys. Way better track car than an M2 and less money. And less weight. But I expect nobody is serious about wanting less weight when it comes time to pay or deal with the comfort issues.
Appreciate 5