BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > VF and BM3 Tune

07-08-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

VF and BM3 Tune

i currently have the VF Stage 1 tune and i am happy with the tune...however when i placed the order i made the mistake of thinking it came with the cold start delete.. it did not so now i am looking at purchasing the BM3 tune.. is it possible to use the VF tune and use the BM3 interface to code out the cold start while still using the VF tune? i would still prefer to use the VF tune, also could i use the VF cable for the BM3? thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaM2 View Post
i currently have the VF Stage 1 tune and i am happy with the tune...however when i placed the order i made the mistake of thinking it came with the cold start delete.. it did not so now i am looking at purchasing the BM3 tune.. is it possible to use the VF tune and use the BM3 interface to code out the cold start while still using the VF tune? i would still prefer to use the VF tune, also could i use the VF cable for the BM3? thanks
No, you cannot code out cold start with BM3 and still use the VF Tune. It's one or the other.

I don't know if you can use the Hex Flash cable with BM3. I would assume you could. However, if you can't, a cable that works for BM3 is like $10. It's a generic OBD2>Ethernet cable.

I would recommend ditching VF and going with BM3 altogether. BM3 has way more features.
Appreciate 1
gtaM2390.50
      07-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
No, you cannot code out cold start with BM3 and still use the VF Tune. It's one or the other.

I don't know if you can use the Hex Flash cable with BM3. I would assume you could. However, if you can't, a cable that works for BM3 is like $10. It's a generic OBD2>Ethernet cable.

I would recommend ditching VF and going with BM3 altogether. BM3 has way more features.
thanks i will probably stick with the VF since i am satisfied with the performance just sucks about the cold start
Appreciate 0