BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > WMI Logs

06-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #45
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

These logs look really good!

To see IATs only 15-20F above ambient while on track is pretty amazing. The boost target is being hit consistently and there's little timing pull with zero knocks. Nice!

The only thing that stands out are the large boost spikes when shifting. Are you 6MT or DCT?

What are your impressions of how the car ran? Any adjustments you feel need to be made to your WMI setup?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:42 AM   #46
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Just added a datalog from this weekends track day to post #1.
Ambients were cooler than expected this weekend due to lots of cloud cover, so highest temp I caught a log for was 89 degrees. Unfortunately I had an issue with my agent device that keep me from capturing some additional logs in the afternoon when ambients were a few degrees higher.
Car felt great and ran with good power all weekend....
I targeted consumption of one-half gallon of WM for a 30 min track session...as a practical matter. To achieve that..I incrementally bumped-up the start pump boost pressure on the AEM controller. After several sessions, a start pressure of 8 seems to achieve that result...and that's the setting this new data was logged under. In the future, if / when logs show higher IATs / knocks / timing pulls...Ill try starting the WM injection earlier by lowering the start pump pressures, or maybe increasing injector jet size. Might also experiment with WM ratios...perhaps 60/40 vs 50/50....for example. Theres quite a bit of flexibility / adjustability here..even with this basic WMI system.
Good meeting you this weekend! Sounds like you were happier with your Sunday results then? Felt like you had consistent full power in the Sunday afternoon sessions (I was seeing 95, 96 for those). Were you able to get to your half gallon per session goal?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:45 AM   #47
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
These logs look really good!

To see IATs only 15-20F above ambient while on track is pretty amazing. The boost target is being hit consistently and there's little timing pull with zero knocks. Nice!

The only thing that stands out are the large boost spikes when shifting. Are you 6MT or DCT?

What are your impressions of how the car ran? Any adjustments you feel need to be made to your WMI setup?
Im DCT.
No changes planned at this time. I added some comments to #44.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      06-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #48
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Good meeting you this weekend! Sounds like you were happier with your Sunday results then? Felt like you had consistent full power in the Sunday afternoon sessions (I was seeing 95, 96 for those). Were you able to get to your half gallon per session goal?
Good meeting you as well !
Yes....good consistent power even in the afternoon with the higher ambients...even with the pump start boost pressure hiked up to reduce WM consumption rates (see #44). At the initial 40 min session on Saturday, I used just short of a complete fill (1.1 gals) of the WM tank in that single session. That's when I started bumping up the start pressure on the controller until I got to half gallon consumption per 30 minutes on track...and the IATs appeared to stay at an acceptable level.

Last edited by M2C AW; 06-24-2019 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0