BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Active Lane Assist Not Working?

03-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
CSN
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 2017

Active Lane Assist Not Working?

I just picked up my new M2 Thursday. I'm al little confused about active lane assist. I have it turned on but when I go over the line nothing happened? I'm going over 40 mph and both arrows are shown on each side. I was under the impression that something happens when you cross the line? Starting Wheel shake or something? Does the driving mode matter? I thought the rain might have something to do with it but tried again later and nothing happened?

Other then a that one issue it is one amazing vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 10:40 PM   #2
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSN View Post
I just picked up my new M2 Thursday. I'm al little confused about active lane assist. I have it turned on but when I go over the line nothing happened? I'm going over 40 mph and both arrows are shown on each side. I was under the impression that something happens when you cross the line? Starting Wheel shake or something? Does the driving mode matter? I thought the rain might have something to do with it but tried again later and nothing happened?

Once you are going fast enough, arrows in the lane cluster come on, and when you drift into the other lane without signalling the steering wheel vibrates, that's how it should work.
      03-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
CSN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2ME2 View Post
Quote:

Once you are going fast enough, arrows in the lane cluster come on, and when you drift into the other lane without signalling the steering wheel vibrates, that's how it should work.
Strange. Does it vibrate a lot? I have tried many times. Nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Strange. Does it vibrate a lot? I have tried many times. Nothing.
Yes, you will feel it in the steering wheel for sure, almost like a buzz in your hands is the best way to describe it. The piece that vibrates is in the steering wheel, once you take off the plastic cover it's right underneath. Take it in, it's not a major problem to fix.
      03-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #5
Hankdoll
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2/M3/4/5

My 4 series has a pretty strong vibration. My M2 seems super mild in comparison. If you're on a rough road you might not even notice.
      04-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #6
CSN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankdoll View Post
My 4 series has a pretty strong vibration. My M2 seems super mild in comparison. If you're on a rough road you might not even notice.
That is what I am seeing. The roads in my town are complete shit right now. Is there a way to increase the feedback?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
That is what I am seeing. The roads in my town are complete shit right now. Is there a way to increase the feedback?
Keep in mind lane assist requires well defined lines on the road. If your roads, like mine, are all f*cked up from winter and the lines are gone, it won't be able to detect it.
Appreciate 0