BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Bm3 burble modes question

06-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

Bm3 burble modes question

So I run on track and autocross with traction controls fully off (long press of the button). Anyone know which burble map bm3 would use in that setting?, I’m guessing it’s sport plus setting. I just blew over on my sound loudness at autocross so I need to back off the aggression and durations of burbles but I still want some noise for daily driving. I also don’t want to be tuning back and forth for each event. Was thinking of putting sport mode to be louder for street and sport plus to quieter for tracking....but that’s if traction off is same mode as sport plus in the bm3 map.
I tried searching and no direct topic on this.
17 M2 AW, DCT, black grills, eventuri, bm3 Stg 2, csf intercooler, Fabspeed sportcat, AA charge pipe, 285r/265f pss, 285/30r18 re71r’s square apex 10x18, and smooth riding TC Kline coil overs with a very heavy throttle foot.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

i'm about 98% positive that on the N55, Sport and Sport+ and Traction use the same burble map, which is what BM3 labels Sport+ in the app.

Comfort mode uses Sport in the app
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
i'm about 98% positive that on the N55, Sport and Sport+ and Traction use the same burble map, which is what BM3 labels Sport+ in the app.

Comfort mode uses Sport in the app
From what I've experienced, it's a little more complicated than that. The aggression settings for Sport and Sport+ do not seem to have any effect individually. If you adjust the BM3 aggression for Sport+, it ends up affecting Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Traction burble, but each with differing degrees. Adjusting the BM3 Sport aggression appears to have no affect. The time value is different though. BM3 Sport+ seems to affect Sport and Sport+ settings. The Sport BM3 time setting appears to affect the Comfort and Traction settings.

Of course, this odd behaviour could vary between versions of code and the car flashed. Best way to find out is trial and error. Unfortunately the '3D' nature of the tunes don't always translate as expected to the '2D' sliders in the BM3 app.

Hope that makes sense!
Appreciate 0