BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ohlins Help... Getting Annoyed

11-13-2019, 02:21 AM   #23
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Yes to setting the ride height using the spring perch.

Although the Ohlins instructions do suggest a setting for this and the length of the shock, this appears to be based on a specific spring length and spring rate. In this case, with the shock length set, you should only have to adjust it if you were to fit a different length spring. It might be possible to adjust the spring preload enough that this is no longer the case, but it seems unlikely.

The wording in that final paragraph on "The actual vehicle height" isn't helpful. If it said 1 turn of the spring perch for 1.5mm of ride height, it would remove a lot of confusion.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #24
jashton
Private
Rep
Drives: Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Yes to setting the ride height using the spring perch.

Although the Ohlins instructions do suggest a setting for this and the length of the shock, this appears to be based on a specific spring length and spring rate. In this case, with the shock length set, you should only have to adjust it if you were to fit a different length spring. It might be possible to adjust the spring preload enough that this is no longer the case, but it seems unlikely.

The wording in that final paragraph on "The actual vehicle height" isn't helpful. If it said 1 turn of the spring perch for 1.5mm of ride height, it would remove a lot of confusion.
This is correct, my frustration came from Ohlins support not knowing any different themselves and instructing me to do the wrong thing several times. Brian is the only one that knows what he’s talking about and their instructions definitely need to be revised. I’m going to post all my settings with the 70/160 combo to help others in the future.

Last edited by jashton; 11-13-2019 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
PLF693762.50