BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Gold Wheel Weights?

12-30-2023, 08:50 AM   #1
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Gold Wheel Weights?

Definitely being nit picky on this one, but the silver wheel weights on my gold wheels are starting to become a bit of an eye sore for me and I’d like to hear if anyone has a solution? I don’t see gold weights “off the shelf” so wondering if anyone has sprayed or coated a set to match, and then balanced?

Know I’m being pretty particular on this one, but I’m sure there’s a few CS owners who feel the same
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 09:49 AM   #2
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

You're not being picky, I'm the very same. Luckily I have a nearly black barrel and black weights.

I think you'll need to paint your weights, and I fully recommend CKAuto, they are flatter, and you can use less of them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      12-31-2023, 05:28 AM   #3
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks - nice weights and agree I think painting may be the only way. Waiting to see if anyone came up with anything clever here but if not, I’ll just go to paint route this winter while they’re off the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 12:28 PM   #4
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPTM View Post
Thanks - nice weights and agree I think painting may be the only way. Waiting to see if anyone came up with anything clever here but if not, I’ll just go to paint route this winter while they’re off the car.
I think the only issue is matching the paint, which will be impossible because of how the wheel is painted.

However, since the wheel weight itself isn't subject to much heat, you could just mix the Testors gold (1144c) and silver (1146c) model paints until you get a similar color and no one would be the wiser.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 03:24 PM   #5
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep

Good idea - will experiment - assumed since there will be times when the weight is close to a hot caliper for an extended period (parked after a hot run and in perfect spot near caliper) that I needed high temp. Was going to see if u could track down a generic gold high temp spray and see how that looked…good news is I have time now to play around as the winter setup is complete and Goldie’s are sitting out the cold. Love the dual personalities I have now - car looks completely different for such an easy swap, fun to have both and the brakes look nuts on black wheels!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1