12-08-2023, 02:30 PM   #23
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020_M2CS View Post
Looking for some suggestions on alternate company’s that have been good to work with.

Located in Michigan, m2cs, no marks on driving record. Multi policy discount.

6month renewal with progressive came back around $1600 for the cs (not including other cars, etc.).

It’s been a mofo trying to get quotes since the vin on the cs is usually not recognised.
If you don’t daily it, try Hagerty. I have agreed value of $90K for $2,200 per year.

The rest of my cars (all cheaper) are very expensive. I know Michigan is very high for rates, like FL.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 04:09 AM   #24
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
If you don’t daily it, try Hagerty. I have agreed value of $90K for $2,200 per year.

The rest of my cars (all cheaper) are very expensive. I know Michigan is very high for rates, like FL.
Because Michigan is a no fault state. Dumbest thing ever
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 07:19 PM   #25
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
Because Michigan is a no fault state. Dumbest thing ever
So people can just crash into you with zero fault?
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2023, 07:57 PM   #26
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
So people can just crash into you with zero fault?
Yeah pretty much. I think it's changed a little now but if someone's at fault, their insurance will not cover your expenses. Your own insurance will cover your costs. So regardless, every accident will continue to increase your premiums. Michigan roads are shit too. I used to live near the border and you can literally tell once you hit the state lines as it'll go from smooth to constant potholes
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2023, 10:44 PM   #27
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah pretty much. I think it's changed a little now but if someone's at fault, their insurance will not cover your expenses. Your own insurance will cover your costs. So regardless, every accident will continue to increase your premiums. Michigan roads are shit too. I used to live near the border and you can literally tell once you hit the state lines as it'll go from smooth to constant potholes
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If someone hits you, and it's not YOUR fault, they, or their insurer, should pay for it - without debate.

That's yet another work of art from the United States of Bizzaro!!
      12-09-2023, 11:35 PM   #28
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've heard. If someone hits you, and it's not YOUR fault, they, or their insurer, should pay for without debate.

Lmao ya I agree. Most states are not like that though. Mine isn't thankfully. I'm honestly thinking about leaving America in the near future. Got my board certification in emergency medicine a few months ago. That's pretty much all I needed to finally bounce and practice overseas
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 02:01 AM   #29
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lmao ya I agree. Most states are not like that though. Mine isn't thankfully. I'm honestly thinking about leaving America in the near future. Got my board certification in emergency medicine a few months ago. That's pretty much all I needed to finally bounce and practice overseas
Come to Australia mate, you'll be right at home
      12-10-2023, 09:38 PM   #30
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
The US is more like 50 countries under one banner. I’ve been to lots of them. Love the US. Can’t say Michigan is high on the list though, especially with that knowledge.

Australia has some similarities in that regard. Different laws in different states.

Apparently one state in Australia has cancelled Christmas and simply renamed it to “public holiday”. I’m sure you know which one being that you live there.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2023, 09:43 PM   #31
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
The US is more like 50 countries under one banner. I’ve been to lots of them. Love the US. Can’t say Michigan is high on the list though, especially with that knowledge.

Australia has some similarities in that regard. Different laws in different states.

Apparently one state in Australia has cancelled Christmas and simply renamed it to “public holiday”. I’m sure you know which one being that you live there.
Politicians being politicians!!

It's Christmas, has been since two thousand years ago; don't get me started on that 🤣🤣

I love the US as much as you do but could never live there the way things are. Having said that, I enjoy every visit to the max; they love Aussies as much as we do THEM/THEY (can't say certain words anymore)
Davil6524.50
      12-11-2023, 07:25 AM   #32
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

Quote:
Politicians being politicians!!

I love the US as much as you do but could never live there the way things are.
If you're basing your opinion on what you see, read or hear, you're missing the critical essence of the country: the people.

Having traveled fairly far and wide around the globe, I've found that the media and governments usually have very little to do with the way the locals actually think.

The media likes to incite and the governments like to control but the people just want to be left alone and be happy.

Pretty much true everywhere, including the US.
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2023, 07:49 AM   #33
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
If you're basing your opinion on what you see, read or hear, you're missing the critical essence of the country: the people.

Having traveled fairly far and wide around the globe, I've found that the media and governments usually have very little to do with the way the locals actually think.

The media likes to incite and the governments like to control but the people just want to be left alone and be happy.

Pretty much true everywhere, including the US.
I love the people but hate the politics that divides them.

You're absolutely right, people everywhere want to be able to share a laughter with their family over dinner. Simple, though surprisingly hard to achieve.

I'm more of an easy going simple-does-it-best kinda guy. I don't enjoy walking in a shopping mall knowing half the folks are carrying guns. This isn't saying US has it right or wrong, it just is my personal preference.

Having said that, I've travelled a fair amount in the US by road and can say, honestly, I have had nothing but praise for most parts - for the roads (mostly), the people, the food, the hospitality .... However, during my last trip, I was robbed of everything including close to $10k in multiple currencies, literally as I got to my hotel - my experience with the police was not a pleasant one either.

All things considered, I'd gladly buy a property in San Diego for future visits, if I was travelling there as often as I used to.
      12-11-2023, 09:36 AM   #34
2020_M2CS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [7.50]
Well this convo went sideways. So what I’m hearing is… move out of country for better rates (jokes).
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 11:33 AM   #35
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I love the people but hate the politics that divides them.

You're absolutely right, people everywhere want to be able to share a laughter with their family over dinner. Simple, though surprisingly hard to achieve.

I'm more of an easy going simple-does-it-best kinda guy. I don't enjoy walking in a shopping mall knowing half the folks are carrying guns. This isn't saying US has it right or wrong, it just is my personal preference.

Having said that, I've travelled a fair amount in the US by road and can say, honestly, I have had nothing but praise for most parts - for the roads (mostly), the people, the food, the hospitality .... However, during my last trip, I was rubbed off everything including close to $10k in multiple currencies, literally as I got to my hotel - my experience with the police was not a pleasant one either.

All things considered, I'd gladly buy a property in San Diego for future visits, if I was travelling there as often as I used to.
We're on the same page and think the same way. That's great.
Does "rubbed off" mean robbed? If so, that sucks.
Traveling everywhere takes caution. The US is no exception, but you got screwed big time. Sorry for that.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 04:44 PM   #36
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
We're on the same page and think the same way. That's great.
Does "rubbed off" mean robbed? If so, that sucks.
Traveling everywhere takes caution. The US is no exception, but you got screwed big time. Sorry for that.
LoL

Google knows best and changes my words. Yes, robbed.

I believe it was an inside job at the hotel in San Francisco. Simply, everything disappeared while I went for a quick dinner. According to hotel security though, there was no evidence of anyone entering my room even though there was a camera not far from my room pointing to the hallway. Funny, because the hotel security wouldn't let us see the recording. As such, everything magically disappeared, even the contents of the old safe which was key-operated.

In any event, I'm glad we are on the same page; as I mentioned previously, I love the people but hate the politics.
      12-11-2023, 04:45 PM   #37
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020_M2CS View Post
Well this convo went sideways. So what I’m hearing is… move out of country for better rates (jokes).
I'm sorry my friend
      12-12-2023, 07:34 AM   #38
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
LoL

Google knows best and changes my words. Yes, robbed.

I believe it was an inside job at the hotel in San Francisco. Simply, everything disappeared while I went for a quick dinner. According to hotel security though, there was no evidence of anyone entering my room even though there was a camera not far from my room pointing to the hallway. Funny, because the hotel security wouldn't let us see the recording. As such, everything magically disappeared, even the contents of the old safe which was key-operated.

In any event, I'm glad we are on the same page; as I mentioned previously, I love the people but hate the politics.
Oh, SFO? That's another level of screwed up these days.
Appreciate 2
      12-12-2023, 11:29 AM   #39
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Ya San Fran is a shit hole now. People literally leave their windows down and doors unlocked to prove to these low lives that there's nothing to hide in the car so they don't break in
Appreciate 1