BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Adaptive suspension?

01-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #23
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
You are rude and this kind of personal attack is not warranted nor welcome here.

Post has been reported.

Good luck with that.

Abrasive? Yes. Rude? Not at all!
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #24
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
You really do not have a clue what you're talking about do you? You think because it has parts in common with the M3/M4 and the 2 Series they can just stick adaptive suspension on the M2 "because the other cars have it"? Engineers spend thousands of hours fine tuning the handling. They're not just going to add adaptive dampening without spending thousands of more hours developing the M2, and for a very limited production car it's not worth it!!
That's a fine point, but you don't really know if any test mules were out there with adaptive suspension. Did you spend any time in Munich developing this car?
      01-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #25
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
That's a fine point, but you don't really know if any test mules were out there with adaptive suspension.

Then why would they launch it without adaptive dampening? Why would a high up engineer (can't remember the name of the guy in the CAR magazine interview) explain WHY they decided the M2 should have a FIXED set up?

"No adaptive dampening as they designed the shock dampening specifically for the spring rate"

I really don't see why you're banging on about this. It's been known since 14th October last year that the M2 doesn't have adaptive dampening. It was in the press release. It's also been mentioned several times, at times by high up engineers at the M Division as to WHY it doesn't have adaptive dampening. You even agree with me it doesn't have it, so why on Earth are you still going on about it?!
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #26
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Then why would they launch it without adaptive dampening? Why would a high up engineer (can't remember the name of the guy in the CAR magazine interview) explain WHY they decided the M2 should have a FIXED set up?

"No adaptive dampening as they designed the shock dampening specifically for the spring rate"

I really don't see why you're banging on about this. It's been known since 14th October last year that the M2 doesn't have adaptive dampening. It was in the press release. It's also been mentioned several times, at times by high up engineers at the M Division as to WHY it doesn't have adaptive dampening. You even agree with me it doesn't have it, so why on Earth are you still going on about it?!
Because you're an asshole and need to relax and I don't feel like doing much work today.
      01-14-2016, 02:32 AM   #27
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

mofomat , even rustaagh man

Komt allemaal goed.

Please chill out man

Cheers
Robin (established 2005, 4000+ posts lol)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 08:07 AM   #28
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
explain WHY they decided the M2 should have a FIXED set up?

That's the dumbest quote ever by an engineer. They didn't give the car the adaptive setup for cost. Period.

All shock dampening is designed specifically for a given spring rate. On every single car on the road.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #29
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Well this thread went well.

Let's just leave it there I guess and all have a great day and go about our business.
      03-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #30
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Wow! So here is why BMW people have such a bad reputation. This whole thread is dripping in douchbaggery. How about a little conversational tact!? What's wrong with some of you?

Appreciate 0