11-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

WRL @ COTA

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Wasn't my M2 - but raced in a M240i Racing this weekend so kind of close. Had a blast!

Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Very cool.
I think I chased that car some during Friday’s race practice / DE (or maybe a team car ?)
I was generally lapping in the 2:37-2:38 area...once it dried out...on some older Hankook Rs4s. I’m sure your M2 is much quicker than the 240ir. How did you place ?
They had 3 cars out there but we all only ran during the race practice sessions on Friday - definitely possible if you got mixed in with that group? There were a lot of M235iR/M240iR's out there this weekend & some of them ran in the DE sessions on Friday so could have been one of those too. Friday was gnarly - I only ran in our first & third sessions - cold & wet for both of them. Was a handful being in that car for the first time.

We ran Hankook RS4's all weekend as well - would make it through the 8 hour races without a tire change but they were definitely struggling at the end. My M2 with the boost turned up and on Hoosier R7's is definitely much quicker. I was able to get into the 2:34's on Sunday which is pretty close to what I was running back in June when the heat killed all the power in the M2.

Sunday we finished 12th overall. We lost probably 4 laps due to the passenger side door damage so could have been up there around 6th or so - but of course that is a big part of the game and I'm sure the other's above us had their share of issues too. Sunday was mayhem - mass carnage everywhere. Saturday was a little rougher - think we were 18th or so. Still an absolute blast though!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Nice. Was gunna ask about the tape holding the door togrther. Musts been fun!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Nice. Was gunna ask about the tape holding the door togrther. Musts been fun!
Ha yeah - that was our aerodynamic secret weapon. It actually held pretty well. I started that morning and then this happened pretty early into the next stint. It actually held up until I hopped back in to finish the race. Then this with three laps to go...

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Hah. Shouldn't used more Duct tape! I'm surprised with how much you had in there that it didn't hold the entire race. I guess if it was wet at all that may cause problems.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #6
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Here's one I snapped of OG Shark... leading like a boss into 12...

And some non BMW (back then) content, of our Supra. Running a N/A 2JZ in that thing so we were a little outgunned, even in class, but had a blast nonetheless!

2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Hah. Shouldn't used more Duct tape! I'm surprised with how much you had in there that it didn't hold the entire race. I guess if it was wet at all that may cause problems.
Actually wasn't wet on Sunday - I think it just finally gave up after 5 1/2 hours of holding on for its life.

I actually didn't know it was opening since it was on left turns and I would be looking left uptrack. Got the meatball, glad I didn't pass that Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Here's one I snapped of OG Shark... leading like a boss into 12...

And some non BMW (back then) content, of our Supra. Running a N/A 2JZ in that thing so we were a little outgunned, even in class, but had a blast nonetheless!

Ha that just have easily could have been the moments before I was passed!

This thread needs more Supra pics! That car was easily best in show. Definitely won in cool factor. Y'all made a huge jump in the standings on Sunday, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
ha that just have easily could have been the moments before I was passed!

This thread needs more Supra pics! That car was easily best in show. Definitely won in cool factor. Y'all made a huge jump in the standings on Sunday, right?
We did ok... moved up a lot both days but no where near podium. Our cars usually run Champ/Chump so I think we needed a bit more power and maybe even some aero. Did you see my buddy's blue miata out there - SlipStream motorsports? They had this super trick front splitter that was mounted on 2 gas shocks, so when they rode the curb it wouldn't break off that low low splitter... we need shiz like that. LOL
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0