BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Got invited for an exclusive preview of likely the BMW M2 CS (Sep 2019 - Brussels)

Closed Thread

09-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #133
Jimmle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT AW

17th Sept 👌🏻
My names down too fingers crossed dealer gets the allocation!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #134
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderpat View Post
The noise from the airbox was enough to make you forget, let alone the feel through that steering wheel.
That ain't noise. That's the sound of my people.

09-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #135
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
have you ever driven an actual genuine E46 M3 CSL?

Fair enough if you have and you still feel that way. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. It's just hard to disagree with so many people who (arguably) know what they are talking about and rate that car as a high point for driver involvement, in spite of the SMG gearbox.
Yes, I’ve driven a CSL and the SMG auto transmission considerably undermines both the enjoyment and ethos of the car imo. As such, I don’t find it at all hard to disagree with those who love it. Not trying to offend anyone, so please don’t take my comments personally. I just think the CSL has been long overhyped. I don’t want to derail the thread, so this will be my last comment on it.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #136
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woots View Post
How many days until the secret unveiling...
Next Tuesday (Sep 17) in Brussels.
      09-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #137
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
My luck the hood with the vents will be part of a package that requires CCB. Won't that be a MFer.

09-13-2019, 07:52 AM   #138
boarderpat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That ain't noise. That's the sound of my people.

Ha! I actually drove that exact road in my CSL on a big European tour in 2015! Epic road, epic car, epic sound!

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #139
boarderpat
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Yes, I’ve driven a CSL and the SMG auto transmission considerably undermines both the enjoyment and ethos of the car imo. As such, I don’t find it at all hard to disagree with those who love it. Not trying to offend anyone, so please don’t take my comments personally. I just think the CSL has been long overhyped. I don’t want to derail the thread, so this will be my last comment on it.
Totally fair comment. I understand. If we all liked the same things the world would be a very dull place.

Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      09-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #140
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Quote:
have you ever driven an actual genuine E46 M3 CSL?

Fair enough if you have and you still feel that way. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. It's just hard to disagree with so many people who (arguably) know what they are talking about and rate that car as a high point for driver involvement, in spite of the SMG gearbox.
Know someone who had an E46 CSL and then bought a 1M. He had both for a little while and sold the E46 CSL and kept the 1M. He said the 1M was a way more enjoyable car to own and drive. He also said the SMG in the CSL greatly diminishes enjoyment...
Tornado1M1207.50
      09-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #141
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Tired of waiting, I have been there when the i8 came out and took the plunge with a 2014 thanks to my amazing dealer in Chicago. On the list for this one since I want and need back seats, hence why I love the i8 BTW. If there is another model coming out without the seats (in the back that is) I would not be interested. Some bucket seats for the front would be phenomenal though, one can dream right 😳. The manual option is very intriguing as I grew up on manual BMWs. I do have to admit that the DCT on my e92 has been spectacular for that car, the right setup in my mind. I will need to further look into the appropriate setup for the M2, not certain of the right choice. This one may finally be my first European delivery if possible.

I have been close to getting the M3/4 CS but have been holding myself back.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 09:45 AM   #142
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I was pondering the 6MT vs DCT a couple days ago. I tumbled to the conclusion that the 6MT is more enjoyable for non track use, b roads, hitting that perfect shift and having the time to think about it. On track you need focus, efficiency. There's no good reason for manual transmission on track. A proper autoshifting box should improve track day experience and improve safety. ( Both hands on wheel, more focus on driving)

This is just my opinion. I have track days under my belt with a manual. I plan to pick 6MT because most of my driving will be on the street. Hopefully a track day or two a year, but maybe none.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #143
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
Tired of waiting, I have been there when the i8 came out and took the plunge with a 2014 thanks to my amazing dealer in Chicago. On the list for this one since I want and need back seats, hence why I love the i8 BTW. If there is another model coming out without the seats (in the back that is) I would not be interested. Some bucket seats for the front would be phenomenal though, one can dream right 😳. The manual option is very intriguing as I grew up on manual BMWs. I do have to admit that the DCT on my e92 has been spectacular for that car, the right setup in my mind. I will need to further look into the appropriate setup for the M2, not certain of the right choice. This one may finally be my first European delivery if possible.

I have been close to getting the M3/4 CS but have been holding myself back.
We were told one year ago that the CS was not going into production until around March 2020. Everything seems to be on track. Too bad we have to wait until the end of production for these special editions.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #144
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
We were told one year ago that the CS was not going into production until around March 2020. Everything seems to be on track. Too bad we have to wait until the end of production for these special editions.
Please remember that, to date, BMW did not officially disclose anything yet about the forthcoming M2 CS. The only public tactile proof of its existence are the prototypes driving around. So you cannot blame BMW.

It's that curious breed of enthusiasts over here and on other websites sleuthing around just for fun and without any malicious intent, trying to connect dots about the M2 CS and sharing those 'hit and miss' findings and theories for discussion. No idea what BMW really thinks about all that jazz 'n groove. Probably they don't mind it as long as it generates no negative vibe for the forthcoming car, and the brand in general. However, as more info starts to surface, some enthusiasts start getting impatient, blaming BMW without merit for not releasing the new car already.

Furthermore, things evolve over time. Research and development by a manufacturer is intrinsically a dynamic process of toying around with design features, parts and settings, within time and budget constraints. As a consequence, possible accurate hearsay info that surfaced on forums at one point in time, can become outdated later on. And so some folks later claim that the info was "wrong", while, in reality, it was accurate info that simply got outdated over time.

Next Tuesday I will see the M2 CS in the flesh. I have quite an idea of what to expect to hear and see during that close encounter of the ///M kind, notwithstanding never having seen one single M2 CS prototype IRL yet.

Hunger is the fuel of greed: Veruca Salt wants it now...

09-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #145
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I'm hoping someone leaks a little bit prior to the 17th. It's all part of the fun. Everyone is on edge, especially those that are fairly confident that they will get a build slot. Is it everything they wanted, more, less, too expensive, unbelievable deal, do I sign, just walk away, will there be regret....????? Good times
Appreciate 1
JustChris17426.00
      09-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #146
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm hoping someone leaks a little bit prior to the 17th. It's all part of the fun. Everyone is on edge, especially those that are fairly confident that they will get a build slot. Is it everything they wanted, more, less, too expensive, unbelievable deal, do I sign, just walk away, will there be regret....????? Good times
I said it before and I'll say it again:
Quote:
For a start: check the information mentioned in the first post of the dedicated thread ("BMW M2 CS spy pics and videos").
      09-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #147
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Looking forward to reading about your impressions on the 17th Artemis.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #148
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

Can’t wait for the updates!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #149
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
...can't wait for pricing info...
      09-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #150
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
...can't wait for pricing info...
About the M2 CS price guessing game: see here (but don't take it for granted - no confirmation yet):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman1977 View Post
Quote:
I still stand by my Spring 2017 guesstimate (±150% compared to the base model list price).
Got an info today by somebody high up at BMW that we're gonna be looking at around 95k € base which would prove your point Artemis - caught me off guard though I must say.
Was hoping for 80k € base.
Quote:
Proportional change: calculate with percentages (instead of currency conversion):
  • ± $53K (original M2 2016 US list price) + ± 60% = ± $85K (M2 CS guesstimate);
  • ± $59K (M2 Competition 2019 US list price) + ± 45% = ± $85K (M2 CS guesstimate).
Conclusion about the M2 CS guesstimate: ± $85K in the US and ± €95K in Germany (VAT included).
      09-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #151
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Not much longer to wait guysss
Wonder how they’ll blend the front splitter into the bumper...will it be an add on or a whole new piece....
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #152
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Must say; I share the same opinion about the CSL (and his gearbox)...
      09-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #153
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mac View Post
"Special" and "limited" BMW M models are always hit or miss. However, given that this comes in 6MT, I personally think it will sell out before it launches.
When they launched the 1M back in the days....did BMW say it was limited? I don't know...?
      09-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #154
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

How much different have Nurburgring test mules been to the released versions?
Just wonder how much the real CS may differ to what is released
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread