BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Cleaning products... what is your preference?

01-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #23
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
I have a pretty diverse arsenal of products that I use. If I had to choose one brand to have all my products by.. Probably CarPro. But wouldn't hesitate to use the full library of stuff like Meguiars, Adams, Griots.

I used to have plenty of Chemical Guys stuff but have moved away from them. I have a few left over things that I've slowly used but wouldn't buy anything else from them.
Glad you made that switch!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #24
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
I have a pretty diverse arsenal of products that I use. If I had to choose one brand to have all my products by.. Probably CarPro. But wouldn't hesitate to use the full library of stuff like Meguiars, Adams, Griots.

I used to have plenty of Chemical Guys stuff but have moved away from them. I have a few left over things that I've slowly used but wouldn't buy anything else from them.
Glad you made that switch!
Why are you guys moving away from chemical guys?

Also what would you guys recommend to use to clean brushed stainless steel finished exhaust tips etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #25
AAAAUTOSPA
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 SERIES

Best Detailing Products in Toronto

We use this guy in Toronto for Car detailing products called autobrite.ca
for ceramic coating we use the imported products from UK , here is the link: https://www.aaaautospa.com/ceramic-coating/
      03-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #26
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Why are you guys moving away from chemical guys?

Also what would you guys recommend to use to clean brushed stainless steel finished exhaust tips etc.
CG is a purely marketing driven company that offers no consistency and zero transparency to their customers when it comes to detailing products. Out of all the products they make they used to have a few that detailers enjoyed using, but now I don't think there's a single product they make that isn't outdone by a more reputable and reliable company. Their marketing works amazingly well because no one on any of these forums blinks an eye when using their products.

Carpro, Meguiars, Optimum, Mothers, 3D, Adams, Sonax, P21S, and the list goes on where you can find a product that will suit your needs. It's not hate when you've been testing products for over a decade and have just realized you only want to use what works.

For your exhaust tips I would hit it with a wheel cleaner/apc and use something like an EZ detail brush for first step, then hit it with P21S polishing soap, and follow up with a good metal polish. They should be near brand new at that point depending on your buildup.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00