BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

07-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #177
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Dilemma need help.

Apparently my car is affected and not on this list circulating.

I haven't received any update from my SA nor BMW Canada on any options. I don't know if I should continue on with my trip and board my plane in about 10hrs from this posting. I have a feeling I won't be getting a comparable loaner and it just upsets me knowing I will be doing my first ED in something like a 5/7 series.

I'm still so upset and disappointed my whole Ed trip got ruined.

What would you do?

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbrain View Post
I don't know all the details of your situation, but if it were me, I would put the screws to the dealer and make him / her commit to a reasonable settlement. I would also not do an ED, if my car wasn't available for pick-up. You can always test drive a different car at home, but picking up "your" car from the factory is what the ED is all about. (IMO)

Good Luck.
Good point, I am so pissed off by this situation. Beyond the long wait and anticipation.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #178
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (Ordered)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Here is the list
Based on this list my car is not affected.. Hopefully there is no additional list of VINs..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #179
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil View Post
Based on this list my car is not affected.. Hopefully there is no additional list of VINs..
You should check with your dealer and BMW head office. There are lots of reports of folks not on the list, but their VINs have been flagged as affected. I'm one of them
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #180
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (Ordered)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-MINI View Post
You should check with your dealer and BMW head office. There are lots of reports of folks not on the list, but their VINs have been flagged as affected. I'm one of them
I called my dealer multiple times but he doesn't have any info about this. He didn't even know about this issue is going on. I need some reliable source to get correct information.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #181
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

This might explain things a little bit - I just received this email from my CA about my PCD (my car started production 7/13 and is scheduled to finish today):

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for #####. Unfortunately, this production number (#######) is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until all approvals and all holds have been removed (see example shown below). The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center until the holds have been removed.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Engineering Data and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Also, please note: Effective August 1, 2016 BMW Manufacturing will suspend all tours of the manufacturing facility indefinitely due to preparation for future model production. Unfortunately we do not know when tours will resume and a tour of the BMW Manufacturing facility will not be available on the day of delivery.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #182
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdevil View Post
I called my dealer multiple times but he doesn't have any info about this. He didn't even know about this issue is going on. I need some reliable source to get correct information.
That's strange...I would question the dealer a bit more. AFAIK, these are service bulletins and stop delivery orders that have been sent to all dealers, so they should be aware of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #183
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
We were scheduled for PCD today. I've been working with my CA all week to understand whether or not my car was affected, and was told several times that it was not. We flew into Spartanburg yesterday, then the VIN list showed up on this thread. We called BMW and confirmed that we cannot take delivery of our car. We were told to show up at the Performance Center anyway, participate in the scheduled activities (minus delivery of the car), then find our own method of getting back home, there will be no car, and no loaner. Needless to say, neither my wife or I are in the mood for a day of BMW marketing Kool-aid and will be flying home this later morning.

Good luck everyone. If you have travel plans and time off from work scheduled around your delivery, push your CA and BMW Customer Care to confirm the status of your car. It seemed highly improbable that BMW would not contact us if our vehicle was affected, BEFORE we got on a plane(s), but that is exactly what happened.
I just got an email from my CA and the Performance Center saying that my car cannot be delivered to me next week. So sorry you had to already be there and find out the way you did.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #184
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

My VIN is not on the list, but Genius just told me it is affected - he was indicating the list does not include the ED cars that have not reached US.

On one hand, I'm pissed about the added delay. But on the other hand, I found it fortunate that I was at least able to have a full ED experience and the faulty part didn't cause a problem while we were there. I can only hope by the time the car reaches PCD, they'll have replacement parts there so the delay could be minimum.

I feel for those whose ED trips are affected by this to say the least. Hope you all can make the best out of the unfortunate situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:35 AM   #185
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

I believe there is another bigger issue for all these delivery stop orders. I have a feeling the rear diff bulletin has a much smaller impact then whatever else it is causing all our vehicles to be held up. It's been mentioned that there is perhaps another delivery stop due to a Head Protection System issue. I don't know if this has been verified.

I know for a fact that my car (MY17 F82) completed production on July 5th and it's still sitting in Germany. When I phoned BMW Canada last week for an update is when I found out my car was on delivery hold but the rep on the phone couldn't tell me why.

Now it seems there are many vehicles on delivery hold. Something else is going on beyond the rear diff that is having a much wider impact on deliveries.

I contact my dealer yesterday but still haven't heard back from them.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #186
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
My VIN is not on the list, but Genius just told me it is affected - he was indicating the list does not include the ED cars that have not reached US.

On one hand, I'm pissed about the added delay. But on the other hand, I found it fortunate that I was at least able to have a full ED experience and the faulty part didn't cause a problem while we were there. I can only hope by the time the car reaches PCD, they'll have replacement parts there so the delay could be minimum.

I feel for those whose ED trips are affected by this to say the least. Hope you all can make the best out of the unfortunate situation.
There may not be any added delay. If your car is still waiting on a ship, or is in transit, there is hope they solve the issue beforehand. I feel like I have at least 5-6 more weeks, possibly more, so I'll deal with it when it gets closer. Not worried about it at the moment.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #187
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
I believe there is another bigger issue for all these delivery stop orders. I have a feeling the rear diff bulletin has a much smaller impact then whatever else it is causing all our vehicles to be held up. It's been mentioned that there is perhaps another delivery stop due to a Head Protection System issue. I don't know if this has been verified.

I know for a fact that my car (MY17 F82) completed production on July 5th and it's still sitting in Germany. When I phoned BMW Canada last week for an update is when I found out my car was on delivery hold but the rep on the phone couldn't tell me why.

Now it seems there are many vehicles on delivery hold. Something else is going on beyond the rear diff that is having a much wider impact on deliveries.

I contact my dealer yesterday but still haven't heard back from them.
I have been told the HPS issue points to the Differential, so that could be an error of some sort.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #188
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
There may not be any added delay. If your car is still waiting on a ship, or is in transit, there is hope they solve the issue beforehand. I feel like I have at least 5-6 more weeks, possibly more, so I'll deal with it when it gets closer. Not worried about it at the moment.
I think you're right, and that's the best possible position to be in at the moment. Unfortunately for me and a few others, our cars are actually at the dealership but unable to be released...so close but so far

Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 08:44 AM   #189
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have been told the HPS issue points to the Differential, so that could be an error of some sort.
I'm surprised how difficult it is to get a straight answer from BMW. This seems to be impacting deliveries at least to US, Canada and perhaps some european countries. Someone mentioned earlier it has something to do with "paper work" for US but that wouldn't explain deliveries holds for other countries.

Either the rear diff is a much bigger issue then we're initially being told or there is some other issue that is causing all these delays. My VIN is not on that list either and I've been on delivery hold for at least over a week, before this bulletin came out.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #190
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm surprised how difficult it is to get a straight answer from BMW. This seems to be impacting deliveries at least to US, Canada and perhaps some european countries. Someone mentioned earlier it has something to do with "paper work" for US but that wouldn't explain deliveries holds for other countries.

Either the rear diff is a much bigger issue then we're initially being told or there is some other issue that is causing all these delays. My VIN is not on that list either and I've been on delivery hold for at least over a week, before this bulletin came out.
They may be trying to figure out exactly what the problem is before they publicly address it. The company I work for is very similar that way, so I get it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #191
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Well, for those whose cars are not affected and want to move their PCD date up, now is the time to contact your CA or the Performance Center, as there are several new vacancies, including my slot next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:03 AM   #192
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I'm curious if BMW is purposely holding all the vehicles back in Germany if they haven't already been shipped to get the issue resolved in their plant.

Part of me wishes they would still ship the cars and let the issue get fixed at the port or the dealer.

No point in our cars just sitting there collecting dust. Let's at least get them shipped over the pond.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #193
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm curious if BMW is purposely holding all the vehicles back in Germany if they haven't already been shipped to get the issue resolved in their plant.

Part of me wishes they would still ship the cars and let the issue get fixed at the port or the dealer.

No point in our cars just sitting there collecting dust. Let's at least get them shipped over the pond.
I was thinking about that last night. I know my car is at the port, but I don't know if they have a facility there to do any work (I doubt it), so it would be better to get it over here for the fix.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #194
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
I was thinking about that last night. I know my car is at the port, but I don't know if they have a facility there to do any work (I doubt it), so it would be better to get it over here for the fix.
Once the cars are released to the logistics companies, I guess they will continue on and have the replacement done at PCD. Shipping the replacement parts over would be more economical to shipping the cars back to the factory. Plus, it cuts down the amount of delay. That is my guess, and what I'm hoping for.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #195
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Guys, my car is a September build, I am doing ED is 3rd week to September. I have a confirmed date for delivery informed by my CA and bought my tickets. But I still haven't received the confirmation email from BMW ED. I am wondering if the delivery date will not get changed if they have all this re-work to do on older deliveries, and since they didn't confirm via email they are not liable for a potential ED date change. I am probably worried about nothing, but since I am in the middle booking hotels as well, I thought I'll ask. I was told the confirmation the CA sees on their system for delivery date/time is pretty much set.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #196
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

My VIN is not on the list, and per BMW Genius as of yesterday was told I was not affected by the differential issue.

My car has been at the VPC since 7/11, and after speaking to Genius today it turns out I am affected by the recall. Unfortunately, it definitely seems like there are more cars affected than just the 202 found on the initial list.

FWIW, mine is an F80 ZCP 6MT, US delivery.
      07-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #197
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

That list jumps right over my VIN so I'm either lucky or waiting to find out later lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #198
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
My VIN is not on the list, and per BMW Genius as of yesterday was told I was not affected by the differential issue.

My car has been at the VPC since 7/11, and after speaking to Genius today it turns out I am affected by the recall. Unfortunately, it definitely seems like there are more cars affected than just the 202 found on the initial list.

FWIW, mine is an F80 ZCP 6MT, US delivery.
Draper Any idea how Genius was able to see that you were impacted?

I've been at the VPC since 7/14, and genius today told me today that my lengthy wait at VPC is probably because they're just "behind" and that there are no holds or record of specific repairs on my vehicle.
Appreciate 0