BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone fitted a Dashcam yet?

04-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #1
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Anyone fitted a Dashcam yet?

It may be a bit soon but has anyone fitted or have plans on fitting a dascam anytime soon?

Am planning on installing a Blackvue DR650GW -2ch when my car arrives. I believe the fuse box on the 2 series is in the boot so was wondering what peoples recommendations are for running the wires from the front to back?

Had a quick look on the 2 series forum and running them along the top of the window trim appears popular but i'm weary of the airbags, i'm a bit concerned about just tucking the wire behind the top of the A-pillar trim as they may foul the airbags if deployed so does anyone know how to remove the trim safely, i'm a bit concerned with the Airbag being behind there..
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 02:03 AM   #2
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
It may be a bit soon but has anyone fitted or have plans on fitting a dascam anytime soon?

Am planning on installing a Blackvue DR650GW -2ch when my car arrives. I believe the fuse box on the 2 series is in the boot so was wondering what peoples recommendations are for running the wires from the front to back?

Had a quick look on the 2 series forum and running them along the top of the window trim appears popular but i'm weary of the airbags, i'm a bit concerned about just tucking the wire behind the top of the A-pillar trim as they may foul the airbags if deployed so does anyone know how to remove the trim safely, i'm a bit concerned with the Airbag being behind there..
I will be doing this upgrade and installation in a couple of weeks from now. I will keep you all updated on how it was installed.

MR
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #3
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I will be doing this upgrade and installation in a couple of weeks from now. I will keep you all updated on how it was installed.

MR
Thanks MR.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

I got the same blackvue unit, will do the install after I get the car back from xpel/tints. I also got the MotoPark multi-safer so it keeps running for a couple hours after the car is turned off. Check out this DIY for the f30, our install should be near identical

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1183385

also, there is no harm in tucking the wires just past visibility. you don't even need to take the a or c pillars off to do the install. If you did, i'd at least unplug the battery.
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #5
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post
I got the same blackvue unit, will do the install after I get the car back from xpel/tints. I also got the MotoPark multi-safer so it keeps running for a couple hours after the car is turned off. Check out this DIY for the f30, our install should be near identical

also, there is no harm in tucking the wires just past visibility. you don't even need to take the a or c pillars off to do the install. If you did, i'd at least unplug the battery.

Have you had chance to install the Blackvue, if so how did you go?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post

Have you had chance to install the Blackvue, if so how did you go?
Ahh in the middle of vacation plus moving, still haven't gotten to it
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 0