BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > ///M2 w/Moonroof option in North America... Good or not...!?!

02-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #67
dammitcubs
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
My female friend said LBB is Tiffany Blue.

Don't really care if it's changed to power ranger pink. Just gotta rock what you are comfortable with.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #68
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

At 6'3" I appreciate the extra head room so no to the moonroof. Sucks for those that really want it in the US. If a CSL version comes to fruition, I'll have to move back to Germany...not for a sunroof though.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #69
M///Fanatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E83 X3, F87 M2, 17' i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
If BMW added the option to select a Moonroof in North America will you buy, verses not buy due to no choice at all ?
I realize it isn't the purist thing to say, but I really love having a moonroof and will miss it if I cannot option one on an M2. Not a deal breaker, but if it is offered by the time I am able to order, I will go for it.
Same here!
      02-21-2016, 02:44 AM   #70
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I passed on the M2 because of NO moonroof option in North America.

IF BMW adds the option for MY 17, or makes a M2 Convertible, I may still buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M///Fanatic View Post
Same here!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #71
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
After 4 years with a vert no air is a buzzkill.
Indeed, after 3 yrs with the Z4 it was a must for me to order the M2 with the moonroof...

Click signature for current and previous cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 11:40 AM   #72
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itf joegun
Quote:
After 4 years with a vert no air is a buzzkill.
Indeed, after 3 yrs with the Z4 it was a must for me to order the M2 with the moonroof...
Absolutely.

Lucky you!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #73
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
I passed on the M2 because of NO moonroof option in North America.
:-/

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #74
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Right.

IF BMW adds the option for MY 17, or makes a M2 Convertible, I may still buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
:-/
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:47 PM   #75
itf joegun
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i; G05 X5 M50i

I really want to know more about that BMW product strategy. For example, no moonroof in the states, you can order it in Germany. In Germany you do not get the garage opener remote in the rear mirror. Something which is an option in the states (and I have it currently in the Z). In Germany you can order chrome trim, no option for the states...

There are fur sure good reasons behind that, but it is strange if you do not know them...I assume they know exactly from other product lines how many would order the garage opener and simply decide that it is not worth the effort to offer it on a certain market. But I do not see the saving potential here...

Just thinking loud...

Click signature for current and previous cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #76
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by itf joegun
I really want to know more about that BMW product strategy. For example, no moonroof in the states, you can order it in Germany. In Germany you do not get the garage opener remote in the rear mirror. Something which is an option in the states (and I have it currently in the Z). In Germany you can order chrome trim, no option for the states...

There are fur sure good reasons behind that, but it is strange if you do not know them...I assume they know exactly from other product lines how many would order the garage opener and simply decide that it is not worth the effort to offer it on a certain market. But I do not see the saving potential here...

Just thinking loud...
Yeah. So cost to add an option to the car exceeds the revenue from the option given volume of the car?

If that's the case, that's awfully stingy given its supposed to be a luxury brand?

But yes. No moonroof and all black interior leather are deal breakers for me. For more money than a M235 they want to give me less options. Pay more and compromise just doesn't make sense.

Purist should buy Lotuses. For a daily driver I want all the creature comfort I can get
      02-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #77
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

If you won't get this car because it doesn't have a moonroof, then your spot will go to someone who deserves to own it. Simple.

I understand needing creature comforts, but this car was not built to please the majority of BMW owners, hence why only a percentage are bitching about not having it. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #78
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
If you won't get this car because it doesn't have a moonroof, then your spot will go to someone who deserves to own it. Simple.

I understand needing creature comforts, but this car was not built to please the majority of BMW owners, hence why only a percentage are bitching about not having it. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Perfect.

Next !
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #79
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscottiGelato View Post
Yeah. So cost to add an option to the car exceeds the revenue from the option given volume of the car?

If that's the case, that's awfully stingy given its supposed to be a luxury brand?

But yes. No moonroof and all black interior leather are deal breakers for me. For more money than a M235 they want to give me less options. Pay more and compromise just doesn't make sense.

Purist should buy Lotuses. For a daily driver I want all the creature comfort I can get
Get an M4 if you want full on creature comfort. The M2 was not created for full luxury + performance which is partially why you don't get to spec it out like an m4. The other reason is so they don't cannablize M4 sales.
Appreciate 2
      02-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #80
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Get an M4 if you want full on creature comfort. The M2 was not created for full luxury + performance which is partially why you don't get to spec it out like an m4. The other reason is so they don't cannablize M4 sales.
I wouldn't even bother explaining it anymore. I feel like people know this, but would rather go on tangents concerning the "shortcomings".

This is exactly why BMW has plunged from being a driver's car to a car for the average driver. Priorities range far too much toward catering for the latter.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 07:32 PM   #81
M///Fanatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E83 X3, F87 M2, 17' i3 REX

I'm 5'10 and my helmet rides less than an inch from the ceiling during track days in my e46 M3! I honesty look forward to having the additional head room, the only time I may miss the sunroof is on the first warm days of the season here in Wisconsin. The rest of the year I seldom opened the sunroof anyway!

If I'm really missing a sunroof... I'll take my X3 out and open the panoramic!
      02-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #82
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
I like the sunroof but honestly use it mostly for the pop-up and rarely open all the way. I do wish that they had included pop out rear windows on the M2 like they did on the old e46 coupes. If they had this then I'd have little use for and wouldn't miss the sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #83
King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

If it was an option I would get it. Because its not an option I don't even really think about it. It is nice to have even if you open it once in a while and don't really track your car at all or to often. I used to love opening the sunroof, keeping the windows up, while I was having a cigarette. Now that I don't smoke its no biggie.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 10:58 PM   #84
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:

Exactly. Stop whining about a no sunroof option and no sound deadening. This car is not for you. Next!
Appreciate 2
      02-28-2016, 03:02 AM   #85
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Going from Z4 to the M2 the sunroof was a no brainier for me.
Since I am from Sweden this was an option available.
With that said; we enjoy every bit of sunshine possible :-)
Also with the open sunroof I can here my exhaust sound loud and clear.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #86
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura
Quote:

Exactly. Stop whining about a no sunroof option and no sound deadening. This car is not for you. Next!

Increase your post count elsewhere.

This is how you get what you want.

Don't want it it, do not post.

Peace out !!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 04:54 AM   #87
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura
Quote:

Just happen to want a M2 Convertible.

Lots of threads to post in.... NEXT !
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #88
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Right.

I've mentioned this before but you can have one added after the fact. If that's the only thing stopping you why not try it? We've done it before and it turned out awesome.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0