BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone else that ordered today?

10-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #45
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Ugh...Laguna Seca Blue is the best! TO those who have seen both colors IRL...Is LBB kind of similar to LSB? Maybe a metallic verion of LSB? They look very similar when comparing this pic to the launch photos.
Under very specific lighting condition (dark), LBB can look somewhat similar to LSB in the dark. But as soon as there is light, they're nothing alike.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #46
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Yes, I'm keeping the 1M no matter what. If something happens and I can only have one or the other, the 1M will be the keeper
Nice! Having the 1M and M2 sounds like an awesome stable though!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #47
jc9elfer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BSM M2, 08 Porsche 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Where can the option list been found and what are the prices?
BMW.com has the M2 on the front page, but there is no order information. you can sign up to have them update you on additional information.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #48
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

When did we know that how many 1M were going to get sold? How far after the reveal did you guys get the information??
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #49
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
When did we know that how many 1M were going to get sold? How far after the reveal did you guys get the information??
They didn't know until end of production. Until then, it was all rumors.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #50
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BSM M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
As you see I skipped the alarm too. You're not getting it either?
Yeah I see, we in sweden feel safe(?) and in the us its standard? haha jk

Well..idk..I thought about it when I was at the dealer...and the M2 will be attractive to steal for sure..but I mean...I dont think the alarm will help? what were your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 08:50 PM   #51
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makman View Post
Yeah I see, we in sweden feel safe(?) and in the us its standard? haha jk

Well..idk..I thought about it when I was at the dealer...and the M2 will be attractive to steal for sure..but I mean...I dont think the alarm will help? what were your thoughts?
The alarm is there to prevent people to steal from inside the car basically, but I feel it is quite useless as people doesn't react to alarms anymore as they all assume it is a false alarm.

So I left it off the list but I'm second guessing day and night.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #52
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Quote:
They didn't know until end of production. Until then, it was all rumors.
Specific numbers were not known (except for the UK with it's 400 numbered editions) however.. it was known the entire time that it would be hard to get... IIRC it was in July when I called over 200 dealers looking for my allocation. I had contacted Matt Russell and he told me the supply was drying up quickly and to act fast... and he didnt lie!

Quote:
Ugh...Laguna Seca Blue is the best! TO those who have seen both colors IRL...Is LBB kind of similar to LSB? Maybe a metallic verion of LSB? They look very similar when comparing this pic to the launch photos.
YES..! if I had to pick another BMW color... I would say it's a very bright metallic version of LSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Under very specific lighting condition (dark), LBB can look somewhat similar to LSB in the dark. But as soon as there is light, they're nothing alike.
Agree.. the metal flake sparkles and shines in the same way that Valencia Orange is way brighter/shinier/reflective than say.. Sedona Red.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-16-2015 at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #53
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
The alarm is there to prevent people to steal from inside the car basically, but I feel it is quite useless as people doesn't react to alarms anymore as they all assume it is a false alarm.

I would leave it off... BMWs are pretty theft resistant in the way that they are designed when it comes to the central locking systems... so the crude slim jim isn't effective. The worst thing that happened to me in 17 years of E30 M3 ownership was someone taking the center caps off my BBS wheels. I have several friends with E30 M3, two had windows broken into but never theft of the entire car.

I have heard there are concerns with the OBD port? My 1M is garaged mostly.. but with Euro plates on.. it's fairly unique looking and gets enough attention I would think that alone is a little bit of a deterrent. Nothing like approaching your car and then people nearby pop out of their cars and ask you questions about it. I can't imagine being a thief walking up to a car like this unless they know what they want and if so they will get it.

An M2 (especially in LBB) will attract enough attention that it doesn't really need a body guard.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 12:35 AM   #54
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:

Well you can feel safe, BMW with all the new systems implanted are not an attractive steal job, You can track it with GPS, Your items will be DNA protected, Its just pointless to steel its to easy to find them, Unless there is a professional league on a steal rampage then your fu*ed either way so they steal Ferraris, prosches luxury cars over all so BMW M2 might not be on their target list.

And if you still feel unsafe mount a dash in the car a removable one place it in the space between the headrest and the seat and have a wide lens in it and it can film the inside of the car. And on top of that go in to your hand compartment where the most unread book is in the world in the same folder you will probably find stickers with "BMW Alarm system" Mount them on the side of the window to fend of thieves. Even though you might not have the alarm they might back away when they see stickers, So for that reason i have kept my windows side sticker that says "DNA Marked" and also added the "BMW Alarm stickers" and have a dash cam mounted that reacts when someone is in close proximity of the car.

If you have chosen the key-less system then you might be in for a surprise wheres at professionals leagues have those "Copying signal code devices" and have those dummy keys witch can be code for any car with key-less system. In that case your only hope is the GPS if you discover its been stolen in time.

So in your home keep the car keys far away from your doors if you have key-less system, Cause they might be able to stand outside your door copy the signal of the key and steal the car. So keep keys far away from the doors.

If you follow all those steps then it should be next to impossible to steal your car hope this helped a little bit :-)

Last edited by Nahlem; 10-16-2015 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #55
oj34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Yes ordered also today

LBB
6MT
Nav
M Drivers Package

delivery planned for april
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #56
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
- text -
Yes, in short the alarm has no real purpose anymore. I'm sticking with my first feeling and won't add it. I just removed electric seats too (will be lighter and seat will go lower) and added lumbar support, foldable rear seats and real-time traffic.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #57
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, in short the alarm has no real purpose anymore. I'm sticking with my first feeling and won't add it. I just removed electric seats too (will be lighter and seat will go lower) and added lumbar support, foldable rear seats and real-time traffic.
You guys get manual seats? Jealous!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #58
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
You guys get manual seats? Jealous!
But then I have to pay about $70k for the car too.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #59
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
But then I have to pay about $70k for the car too.
OK, not jealous!
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #60
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
You did the right thing.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #61
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
I removed electric seats from my M235i i remember back when i had another car namely a Volvo C30 it had electric seats on driver side witch i was fine with but it also had it on the passenger side and with two doors only you want your passengers to go in and out quickly i felt so stupid so many times waiting for the electric seat to go forth, When having lady company in the car xD haha such stupidness made me feel a bit shamed.

So on this car i have only manual seats so much faster to get in and out and rather say its quite easy to adjust them so I'm definitely in love with the M2 and i love coupés but sometimes it would be so much easier having a 5 door saloon
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #62
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
I removed electric seats from my M235i i remember back when i had another car namely a Volvo C30 it had electric seats on driver side witch i was fine with but it also had it on the passenger side and with two doors only you want your passengers to go in and out quickly i felt so stupid so many times waiting for the electric seat to go forth, When having lady company in the car xD haha such stupidness made me feel a bit shamed.

So on this car i have only manual seats so much faster to get in and out and rather say its quite easy to adjust them so I'm definitely in love with the M2 and i love coupés but sometimes it would be so much easier having a 5 door saloon
Did you retrofit manual seats in your M235i?
      10-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #63
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Did you retrofit manual seats in your M235i?
Nope i got to choose when ordering the car :-) Dealer asked me are you sure you don't want electric seats? I was like oh god yes never ever electric seats again in a coupé
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #64
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

Having a Coupé means adjusting the seat frequently for the passengers to get in/out. On a manual car I can only imagine the nightmare it is to adjust the seat correctly since I can't drive comfortably unless I'm at a very specific distance from the clutch, don't electric seats solve this problem? For an Auto it probably isn't a big deal I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #65
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srac View Post
Having a Coupé means adjusting the seat frequently for the passengers to get in/out. On a manual car I can only imagine the nightmare it is to adjust the seat correctly since I can't drive comfortably unless I'm at a very specific distance from the clutch, don't electric seats solve this problem? For an Auto it probably isn't a big deal I guess.
The seat will return to its original position when you let a passenger into the back seat. I have people in the back seat a few times per year so not really an issue either way. I don't think I had a back seat passenger in my F30 during the three years I had it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #66
Srac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019MY F82 M4 CP SO

Quote:
The seat will return to its original position when you let a passenger into the back seat. I have people in the back seat a few times per year so not really an issue either way. I don't think I had a back seat passenger in my F30 during the three years I had it.
I didn't know that! Guess I don't want electric seats anymore
Appreciate 0