BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW 9-series being considered?

10-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #23
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The only decision to be made on the next 2er is to go forward with a four door Gran Coupe as expected in the segment?
Or offer further practicality with a five dr Gran Coupe?
Attached Images

10-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #24
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Come on! 3 litre engine on a '9' series if this car is to have a hyper status (price)

I would expect this series have 700hp at min
If you read about the development of BMW Power eDrive then you will be impressed with what is possible with a six cylinder.
The 5er Gran Turismo test vehicle delivered 670PS and used the same drivetrain in the Vision Future Luxury Concept Car. Combine this with BMWs progressing advances in lightweight technology.
BMW has a goal to be the first manufacturer in the high end exclusive segment to offer such a vehicle as a PHEV. Such a drive train will be offered on the Rolls-Royce Phantom sister car. But BMW want one of their cars here also. We cannot deny the customer of course the prerequisite V12 which would still be an alternative choice.
      10-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #25
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

By all accounts I am not familiar with the full appearance or design process of the next 2er as all I can go on is hearsay at the moment.
What I have heard is from those who have seen stages of the design process which I understand to still be active.
I am reminded of some who have seen stages of the process of a sharper kink at the rear glasshouse and an evolutionary face joining to the kidney grille this time but with sharper detailing and interpretations of original forms, similar to the ideas of old and new on the CSL Hommage.
Attached Images

10-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
By all accounts I am not familiar with the full appearance or design process of the next 2er as all I can go on is hearsay at the moment.
What I have heard is from those who have seen stages of the design process which I understand to still be active.
I am reminded of some who have seen stages of the process of a sharper kink at the rear glasshouse and an evolutionary face joining to the kidney grille this time but with sharper detailing and interpretations of original forms, similar to the ideas of old and new on the CSL Hommage.
Sounds promising..really hope for a M2 GC for the next gen 2er.

As things are going, I expect the next 2er to borrow heavy cues from the upcoming 1er sedan? The same way the 3/4, X5/6, X3/4..are almost exactly the same except for proportions. Hope the next 6er dont look exactly the same as the 5 though, it would take away its exclusivity and sportier stance.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #27
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
No more GTs ffs
You do realize that was sarcasm, right?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #28