BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Airbag Light

12-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
jacperlm
Rep
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 | 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Airbag Light

Swapped M4 GTS seats into my 2017 M2 and am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to clear/fix the airbag and seat belt restraint lights/warnings on the dash and idrive at startup. I believe the GTS seats are slightly different than regular M3/4 Comp seats as they are manual and have fewer (or no) airbags (or so I was told).

Has anyone else installed these seats in their M2 and been able to fix the warning lights? Would appreciate any feedback from yall. Pics below (apologies for the iffy quality on some of them):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacperlm View Post
Swapped M4 GTS seats into my 2017 M2 and am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to clear/fix the airbag and seat belt restraint lights/warnings on the dash and idrive at startup. I believe the GTS seats are slightly different than regular M3/4 Comp seats as they are manual and have fewer (or no) airbags (or so I was told).

Has anyone else installed these seats in their M2 and been able to fix the warning lights? Would appreciate any feedback from yall. Pics below (apologies for the iffy quality on some of them):
Did you transfer your module under the seat of your M2 to your new seats?? Also I understand you need you original seatbelt fastener that is attached to the seat.

I don't think the manual versus power seats have anything to do with the airbags. It doesn't make much sense to protect a person less because they have manual seats.